Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zoophaugus

ATV1900AC suddenly refuses to acknowledge external HDD

Major issue with this box, all of a sudden outta the blue it refuses to recognize my external HDD - the HDD I've used soo many times before with all my movies on it .After several hours of trouble shooting and no luck I grabbed another HDD ( which it would not recognize either) I and reformatted it - still after the format it would not recognize it (NTFS )- so I reformatted again to exFat and it worked fine - so finally I'm watching movies again on the newly reformatted drive - just drag and dropping one movie at a time as required via home computer [ I use HDD docking stations - one on home computer and one on mygica ] and a month later same problem.

Again I had to reformat the very same driver i already did a moth ago in order for it to read the drive letter and play a movie.

Does any one have any idea whats going on?

It seems as though this will become a recurring issue...twice happened no within a month...to be honest it isn't he first major recurring issue, I've 3 times now had to do a hard reset of the device because again just out of the blue its decided that it isnt going to connect to the internet, hard wired. wont connect to Youtube, playstore, netflix nothing........like i dunno how much easier it gets that a hard wired either net connection to a modem.. again trouble shooting turning off either net and then wifi and still nothing....just simply had to reset the device in order it to work properly and connect to the internet..

The HDD again hardwired ....no networks Ip address and all that other mumbo jumbo -- VERY simple - HARD wired and not working.

To me its kinda like the drive is slowly getting corrupted some how.....

To be honest my patience with this box is starting thin out - I don't know why such simple things need to be so complicated -I just want play the movie from the hard wired HDD and connect to hard wired router for internet...

Again any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.....