Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cpruden

Green Light No HDMI Connection Reset button no response

I went to turn on my mygica 1900 and I get a green light but no HDMI connection. It has happened more and more over the past few months however unplugging the unit and restarting it usually works. Today however the green light comes on the mygica logo lights but no connection to any of my tv's. I have tried pressing the reset button and turning it on however there is no change on reboot.

I tried downloading the factory reset files and copying them to a card. In the instructions it says to run uboot_MX.cmd however the utility dd.exe is not included and i can't find it in any of the other dowload images. Regardless I tried inserting the card into the mygica, held the reset button and plugged it back in.....Nothing, green light no hdmi connection and it just sits there (Held it for 30 seconds. If I press and hold the power button then the unit turns off after about 10 seconds and then the only option is to unplug and plug it back in.

Out of idea's???? I've only had this unit since april of this year? Can it seriously be dead already? What is your warrenty on these boxes.

Same issue here, I see you ask for support several days ago whit no help until now, its very sad...

Did you solved your issue?

Pleas share your experience.

Thank you Cpruden

Extremely disappointed that there was no reply.  I would have appreciated even a simple response that 'Hey sorry to hear your box is dead'.

I ended up taking it back to the company I bought it from and explained that I had tried to get support from MyGica but they were unwilling to provide any support to the issue.  After some back and forth they decided that as I was a long time customer that they would provide me a replacement.  Unfortunately it was a lower model but better than nothing.  The new box is good however there is sporadic pops in the audio and the same old regular freezes and need to reboot.  

After initially buying my box I was a little concerned about what I was reading from other customers but I thought I would give MyGica the benefit of the doubt.  Sorry to say buyer be ware.   I manage a large IT department and I have more and more people asking about Android boxes.  At this point I could not recommend this product.  Sorry MyGica, two thumbs down accompanied by a very loud Raspberry....  

On 11/12/2016 at 10:06 PM, Cpruden said:

Extremely disappointed that there was no reply.  I would have appreciated even a simple response that 'Hey sorry to hear your box is dead'.

I ended up taking it back to the company I bought it from and explained that I had tried to get support from MyGica but they were unwilling to provide any support to the issue.  After some back and forth they decided that as I was a long time customer that they would provide me a replacement.  Unfortunately it was a lower model but better than nothing.  The new box is good however there is sporadic pops in the audio and the same old regular freezes and need to reboot.  

After initially buying my box I was a little concerned about what I was reading from other customers but I thought I would give MyGica the benefit of the doubt.  Sorry to say buyer be ware.   I manage a large IT department and I have more and more people asking about Android boxes.  At this point I could not recommend this product.  Sorry MyGica, two thumbs down accompanied by a very loud Raspberry....  

Hi there,

I am very sorry that we somehow missed this post. Justin and I have been travelling all around in different countries. Justin is still currently away. 

Of course, this is no excuse, we should have seen this. During this time, several of us have been asked to jump in and help out until we have our new forum system up and running and we have more staff here to help.

To hopefully help others with this issue, can you please tell me if you tried using a different HDMI cable? 

When you downloaded the files to try and do a firmware reset, at any point did anything on the screen show up? If it is not related to either of these situations, it sounds like a hardware issue that we would be happy to fix at any point in time. Again, apologies for the problem that has been created out of this. We never want to leave someone with a bad taste about in their mouth.

Please shoot me a PM and I will be happy to get you a deal on another purchase, if you are willing to give us another chance.