Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Serb

Netflix HD support?

I see that the new 495 PRO and 1900 PRO are being advertised with Netflix HD support?!

Does that mean that you guys finally got the required certification from Google / Netflix?

And how is this implemented? Via Google Play app? Or a custom app bundled with the box?

So many questions...

We figured out that we needed Widevine Level 1 DRM in order to get Netflix 1080P HD

So therefore this was added to our ATV 495 PRO 16GB and 1900 PRO Models.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

We figured out that we needed Widevine Level 1 DRM in order to get Netflix 1080P HD

So therefore this was added to our ATV 495 PRO 16GB and 1900 PRO Models.

Is it not available on ATV 495 8GB model?

And what's the difference between Netflix HD and regular Netflix app? Are they both available on Play Store, or are they pre-built into the MyGica Android build and we can't add them separately?

On 1/13/2017 at 3:58 AM, Crazy Serb said:

Is it not available on ATV 495 8GB model?

And what's the difference between Netflix HD and regular Netflix app? Are they both available on Play Store, or are they pre-built into the MyGica Android build and we can't add them separately?

No it is not available of the 8GB Model

The apps are same from the PlayStore, just the 16GB model will display whatever your watching in 1080P.

There is a TV version of the app, you just need to search the net for it.

So wait, let me just clarify... what's not available on 8GB model,  Widevine Level 1 DRM  certification and whatnot software, or just the Netflix HD app? Because if 8GB model is capable of using and playing Netflix in HD and the only limitation is the lack of the right app.... you see where I'm going with this.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Serb said:

So wait, let me just clarify... what's not available on 8GB model,  Widevine Level 1 DRM  certification and whatnot software, or just the Netflix HD app? Because if 8GB model is capable of using and playing Netflix in HD and the only limitation is the lack of the right app.... you see where I'm going with this.

Widevine Level 1 is not on the 8GB Model

Well, I guess I was misinformed then and sold a few of these 8GB boxes under false marketing and misinformation, being told they do support Netflix HD.

So much for the distributors having a clue what they are selling...

On 1/27/2017 at 11:24 PM, Crazy Serb said:

Well, I guess I was misinformed then and sold a few of these 8GB boxes under false marketing and misinformation, being told they do support Netflix HD.

So much for the distributors having a clue what they are selling...

Sorry that this happened to you.

Shoot me a PM, and I can see how we can figure something out for you.

I have the 16gb version but when i use netflix it doesn't indicate its in HD.  I have a LG 4K smart tv and when using the netflix app, each series will indicate thats it's in HD when it qualifies. I dont see the same thing on the atv495pro . Maybe the LG shows netflix in 4k? but atv495pro is only 1080p?

On 3/1/2017 at 4:43 AM, Nxion said:

I have the 16gb version but when i use netflix it doesn't indicate its in HD.  I have a LG 4K smart tv and when using the netflix app, each series will indicate thats it's in HD when it qualifies. I dont see the same thing on the atv495pro . Maybe the LG shows netflix in 4k? but atv495pro is only 1080p?

Yes we can only support up to 1080P on Netflix.

So I just picked up an atv 495 pro, but I cannot get Netflix HD.

Every time I try to play a show I get this error - netflix tvq-pb-103 (2.10.0.2104)

I downloaded an app from Google Play Store to check my DRM level and it's telling me I have Level 3.

How can this be resolved??

On 4/7/2017 at 2:28 PM, sdp285 said:

So I just picked up an atv 495 pro, but I cannot get Netflix HD.

Every time I try to play a show I get this error - netflix tvq-pb-103 (2.10.0.2104)

I downloaded an app from Google Play Store to check my DRM level and it's telling me I have Level 3.

How can this be resolved??

Our March 24th firmware fixes this issue and brings back Widevine to Level 1

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Our March 24th firmware fixes this issue and brings back Widevine to Level 1

Is there a way to download it somewhere/somehow? Or is OTA only?

And is it only for specific models?

1 minute ago, Crazy Serb said:

Is there a way to download it somewhere/somehow? Or is OTA only?

And is it only for specific models?

I posted it here
Is for 495 PRO and 1900 PRO 16GB versions.

Can be used on 495 PRO 8GB version as well