Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MPDano

586 Just Died????

My 586 just went black.  I tried to unplug and replug and it boots up, then showing the dashboard.  If you try to choose anything (tv or kodi) it just goes black.  Multiple power cycles and the same thing.  I wanted to send the unit back to Justin so i can get my bluetooth function, but cannot just ship it out and  be down while exchanging

What are my options at this point?  My OTT box is still going strong without issues.  

Leo

On 11/8/2016 at 9:20 AM, MPDano said:

My 586 just went black.  I tried to unplug and replug and it boots up, then showing the dashboard.  If you try to choose anything (tv or kodi) it just goes black.  Multiple power cycles and the same thing.  I wanted to send the unit back to Justin so i can get my bluetooth function, but cannot just ship it out and  be down while exchanging

What are my options at this point?  My OTT box is still going strong without issues.  

Leo

Hi Leo,

This sounds like a hardware issue to me. If you are located in the GTA, you can always consider bringing it over to us. Please reach out to our RMA dept and figure out the best solution for you.

35 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Leo,

This sounds like a hardware issue to me. If you are located in the GTA, you can always consider bringing it over to us. Please reach out to our RMA dept and figure out the best solution for you.

What is GTA?

15 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Hi Leo,

Best solution is to send me a replacement so i can send you my old one in the same shipping box.  I had suggested this before but he wanted me to send mine in first which would bring my main tv down.  I had an RMA number.

Leo,

If you have been communicating with him and are able to set something up like this, obviously that would be great. Unfortunately, we have not done this before. 

If the unit is not working though as you say, obviously getting it to us asap will give the fastest turnaround. 

Justin is out of the country right now and you will have to wait for him to get back to discuss the potential of sending him one first. 

6 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Leo,

If you have been communicating with him and are able to set something up like this, obviously that would be great. Unfortunately, we have not done this before. 

If the unit is not working though as you say, obviously getting it to us asap will give the fastest turnaround. 

Justin is out of the country right now and you will have to wait for him to get back to discuss the potential of sending him one first. 

Well, he stopped replying to me after I suggested it.  A bit frustrating dealing with this.  My OTT Box is 1 year older than this box and I never had any issues with it.  Plus it "has" Bluetooth that was supposed to be on this model Gica.

2 hours ago, MPDano said:

Well, he stopped replying to me after I suggested it.  A bit frustrating dealing with this.  My OTT Box is 1 year older than this box and I never had any issues with it.  Plus it "has" Bluetooth that was supposed to be on this model Gica.

As he mentioned in a few other places, there have been some minor issues when we moved to the new forum platform as well as he has been out of country. While this is no excuse for not paying full attention to the forums, it is the reason. To try and combat this, several others including me have hopped on to try and help.

I am sure you are aware that not all electronics are going to last as long as others, even when they are the same brand. MyGica stands by our product with a strong warranty. Does your OTT box have a warranty or domestic support in case it stopped working?

We have been burned many times before with trusting customers, which forces companies like ours to create "by the book" warranty solutions so that we can continue to properly support our products. We do not want you without a box, however we must follow standard procedure. Obviously if your box is not functioning properly, it is a bit strange why you wouldn't send it in to us but rather stand your ground on sending you one first. You definitely would have had it back by now, with no cost to you.

As I previously recommended, please follow through with the normal process rather than waiting for Justin to return for a potential favorable outcome. I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during this situation. Lets get this fixed for you. 

17 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

As he mentioned in a few other places, there have been some minor issues when we moved to the new forum platform as well as he has been out of country. While this is no excuse for not paying full attention to the forums, it is the reason. To try and combat this, several others including me have hopped on to try and help.

I am sure you are aware that not all electronics are going to last as long as others, even when they are the same brand. MyGica stands by our product with a strong warranty. Does your OTT box have a warranty or domestic support in case it stopped working?

We have been burned many times before with trusting customers, which forces companies like ours to create "by the book" warranty solutions so that we can continue to properly support our products. We do not want you without a box, however we must follow standard procedure. Obviously if your box is not functioning properly, it is a bit strange why you wouldn't send it in to us but rather stand your ground on sending you one first. You definitely would have had it back by now, with no cost to you.

As I previously recommended, please follow through with the normal process rather than waiting for Justin to return for a potential favorable outcome. I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during this situation. Lets get this fixed for you. 

I ended up doing a factory reset and re set it all back up.  Seems to be holding up so far.  I've been without bluetooth for so long, I'll just deal with it.