Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

froggyone

mygica 582

factory reset (reset button under unit) 2- MyGica 582 units and both units when they boot up come up to a black screen and no further......what can I do to get going again or are both unit bricked??

I had the same issue with my 586.

It worked out of the box but after a few setting changes it went to a black screen and I thought I had bricked it. Turned out it just didn't like the 1080i resolution I had on my rear projection TV.

I hooked it up via HDMI to my 1080P computer monitor and it worked fine. 

I've since replaced my TV with a 1080P LED and the picture is great....just can't get Netflix to work so considering a firmware upgrade.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:38 AM, froggyone said:

factory reset (reset button under unit) 2- MyGica 582 units and both units when they boot up come up to a black screen and no further......what can I do to get going again or are both unit bricked??

Hi Froggy,

Can you let us know if this is still an issue? If so, I would like ask a couple of questions. 

-have you tried multiple hdmi cords?

-When you say "boot up to a black screen" how do you know it has booted up?

-What color lights are on the front of the unit when powered on?

On 11/12/2016 at 6:57 AM, dburns99 said:

I had the same issue with my 586.

It worked out of the box but after a few setting changes it went to a black screen and I thought I had bricked it. Turned out it just didn't like the 1080i resolution I had on my rear projection TV.

I hooked it up via HDMI to my 1080P computer monitor and it worked fine. 

I've since replaced my TV with a 1080P LED and the picture is great....just can't get Netflix to work so considering a firmware upgrade.

You mention that you cant get netflix to work, what is happening?

i'm having the same problem, i tried to complete a update and now my box will not even connect to my tv. i will try and connect to an older tv and see if it will work. hopefully thats the only issue.

On 4/14/2017 at 6:30 PM, SammiBoo94 said:

i'm having the same problem, i tried to complete a update and now my box will not even connect to my tv. i will try and connect to an older tv and see if it will work. hopefully thats the only issue.

Sammi, 

Please consider starting a ticket for warranty over at help.mygica.tv

If it is under warranty there won't be any service charge to get this fixed. If it requires service and is out of warranty, there will be a service fee between $30-50 CAD for repair or replacement.