MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

10 minutes ago, frosty911 said:

Can anyone direct me to the Mag250 app that used to come installed?  Google play store doesn't  seem to have it 

Just google MyGica MagTV 8.9.6 once you have that installed, dont let it do an auto update but instead create your Portal with the desired settings. Then, after restarting let it upgrade 8.9.8. The reason to advise not to update first is that I have experienced the new MagTV release being quirky and not saving changes made to the Portal. This way, the portal is setup on the earlier version so you should be good to go. If you need more help you should probably start a new thread as this is reserved for feedback on the new FW.

Roger that and thank you.  I swear before I grabbed it from the play store and as for it being in this thread, yes your right.  I thought about that just as I pressed the post button 

To mygica moderators

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have two mygica 582, one I bought over two years ago the other I  bought in June for Father's day. On July 8 you guys posted (ATV 1900AC/1800/582/380 Android 5.1 Beta Firmware - 07/08/16). And also this(Here is Beta Firmware to upgrade your ATV 1900AC/1800/582/380 to Android 5.1)

What is going on with the mygica 582 are you going to release a file to upgrade it to 5.1 a simple answer would be great.

hello all just like to know what up with the 1900ac/1800E 5.1 firmware nov 23 2016 go to download it come up click on it it download but when it,s done downloading and it tells me the file is corrupted

Edited by hopper007

6 hours ago, hopper007 said:

hello all just like to know what up with the 1900ac/1800E 5.1 firmware nov 23 2016 go to download it come up click on it it download but when it,s done downloading and it tells me the file is corrupted

Are you clicking on the .img file? the zip file?

If you have clicked on the .img file, it is not compatible with windows, so it will show that it is corrupt.

Please follow the instructions in the video closely.

After 3 fails now its done,  1900ac is running 5.1 here but new issues comes out.

Can't install Google App,  trying from Playstore and getting "error -505", trying from my backup and get an X icon with the message "app not installed".

Google now do not work, voice feature do no work also.

How to fix this and install Google now?

thank you

Can you guys ever make a firmware that doesn't cause big problems for the end user. Maybe send the Chinese here to work on the firmware if there Government controls what they can do over there.  You don't use communist countries that control you internet to set up boxes for North American resale...

• Haha 1

Hi,

I am going to bump this over to some of our techs to see if this is localized or something that is being reported.

thank you for your feedback.

14 hours ago, Luciano said:

After 3 fails now its done,  1900ac is running 5.1 here but new issues comes out.

Can't install Google App,  trying from Playstore and getting "error -505", trying from my backup and get an X icon with the message "app not installed".

Google now do not work, voice feature do no work also.

How to fix this and install Google now?

thank you

1 hour ago, meagain said:

Can you guys ever make a firmware that doesn't cause big problems for the end user. Maybe send the Chinese here to work on the firmware if there Government controls what they can do over there.  You don't use communist countries that control you internet to set up boxes for North American resale...

Meagin,

We are constantly striving to improve on our products. We have been growing and getting better on a gradual slope. I am sorry to hear you are so disappointed with our efforts.

If you are having a specific, or more than one problem with the firmware, please make some detailed notes for us. We will fix problems as we learn them. all and all, this firmware has been working quite well IMO.

Edited by MyGica Support
Spelling

So far the box seems to be more stable with this version. I haven't had any crashes/system freezing this week, I have had no problems with Play Store or any other apps that I regularly use.  The one thing that I was hoping would be availability is Screen Casting from the 1900 to a Chromecast device. I know this isn't an advertised feature of this unit but since this has been a native feature with Android devices since 4.4 I just can't rationalize why it doesn't work with this box. I realize there are other more important things the techs need to work on but if someone from Support could comment on the reason for the unavailability of this function it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for this release, it seems to the best we've had over the past year. Let's hope this means good things ahead for the 1900 and MyGica!

Edited by ksmitty

6 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Will this become available OTA?

I'm sorry, no it will not be made as an OTA update at this time. This being said, we will be more than willing to direct as many people as possible who have issues with the 1900AC to this forum.

3 hours ago, ksmitty said:

So far the box seems to be more stable with this version. I haven't had any crashes/system freezing this week, I have had no problems with Play Store or any other apps that I regularly use.  The one thing that I was hoping would be availability is Screen Casting from the 1900 to a Chromecast device. I know this isn't an advertised feature of this unit but since this has been a native feature with Android devices since 4.4 I just can't rationalize why it doesn't work with this box. I realize there are other more important things the techs need to work on but if someone from Support could comment on the reason for the unavailability of this function it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for this release, it seems to the best we've had over the past year. Let's hope this means good things ahead for the 1900 and MyGica!

You know, I have never really thought about there being any benefit to casting from the box (which isnt the reason why this might not be working). The moment you mentioned it here being something you wish would be available made me instantly think of how nice it would be to cast a box to my upstairs television without moving the box.

Have you heard of this working with any other models or brands of boxes?

This would actually be a neat feature and I will look into this.

To make a quick comment on you  mentioning about us techs probably having better things to do. I just want to say that while certainly a huge part of our jobs is making sure that the things we are making are working properly, this shouldn't take away from our drive to come up with new ideas or take suggestions from consumers to be ahead of the game.

Well thank you for the timely response. Your thought about the the value in casting is exactly what I'm hoping to do. I have my 1900 and 582 in different rooms but when I want to go to the rec room to watch something I have to unplug one of the boxes and take it with me. I don't have any experience with any other box but I do use the screen cast option with my Samsung S5 to stream online content to the Chromecast - it works great - it mirrors perfectly! This would be an awesome feature if it were ever made possible. I just don't know if this is a hardware or software restriction. The 1900 sees the Chromecast device but when I try to cast the screen to it, the box freezes and I have to unplug it to reboot.

if you ever want anyone to do any testing with this feature, I'm happy to help.  Again, thanks for the recent improvements in firmware and support.

• Like 1

I set hdmi pass through in kodi and my 1900 freezes as soon as I click play on a video.  This was also an issue in the previous release and I was hoping it would be fixed for this release...guess not 

Is KR-32 remote supported? Today I installed some 5.1 firmware (not sure exactly which version), but I can "Power on" this unit only - no other buttons working.  KR-32 with old "4.4.2" firmware was working fine... (I am sure its not box / remote problem)

Edit: If not supported, which firmware (4.4.2) should I download to restore KR-32 remote support?

Edited by postak05

My 1900ac is dead again.

The screen goes black and never comes back, tried different HDMI cables, no response at all.
The first time this happened I ended up giving up and the box remained off for weeks, so another try and it worked again (magically?) last week, I did the upgrade to 5.1 firmware from this post, it remained working for about 4 days until today.

some times the box recognises the LAN, orange led turns but nothing more, no image.
2 times the HDMI signal comes out but the box freezes right after Lolllipop logo.

I realized that the power plug is very sensitive, any small movement and all leds flashes, bad contact, short circuit or something here I don't know.

any clue?

I am very disappointed with MyGica and this product.

5.1 Installed on my 1900AC

WiFi Keeps dropping.

Also, I can't get rid of the lower keyboard screen when I have a remote or USB connected. The best is a BAR that say to use your keyboard on your device...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Luciano said:

My 1900ac is dead again.

The screen goes black and never comes back, tried different HDMI cables, no response at all.
The first time this happened I ended up giving up and the box remained off for weeks, so another try and it worked again (magically?) last week, I did the upgrade to 5.1 firmware from this post, it remained working for about 4 days until today.

some times the box recognises the LAN, orange led turns but nothing more, no image.
2 times the HDMI signal comes out but the box freezes right after Lolllipop logo.

I realized that the power plug is very sensitive, any small movement and all leds flashes, bad contact, short circuit or something here I don't know.

any clue?

I am very disappointed with MyGica and this product.

Hello, 

Surely something is wrong with the unit. Have you tried having it replaced under warranty yet?