MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

there is a power button on the main screen....to reboot or standby....right beside the clean button

Edited by Kennstr

20 hours ago, Kennstr said:

there is a power button on the main screen....to reboot or standby....right beside the clean button

I tried that same issue. This was a bug in the Beta release. i guess it wasn't fixed for the 1800E

16 minutes ago, biasbowler said:

I tried that same issue. This was a bug in the Beta release. i guess it wasn't fixed for the 1800E

the new 5.1  is not beta...it works perfect..and has the buttons...so upgrade to the new 5.1..youll be happy you did..

Guess i should explain...I have 2 1800E's ...one i kept stock ..the other i installed the 5.1 beta .....i just upgraded to the full 5.1 version..and totally happy so far.. Mygica rocked it with this update..

• Like 1

Ok..found an issue with the new 5.1 ...My 5.1 unit has a black screen when it  comes out of standby...when i put it in standby..turn off the tv...start the tv back up..and turn on the box again..only black screen...(or the tv says no source)..i tried bring it down to 720 resolution ..too see if that helped....didnt... MyGicaSupport...you asked for a vid.of the issue before...not sure i can post vids..but hope this was enough info too help..

Just now, Kennstr said:

Ok..found an issue with the new 5.1 ...My 5.1 unit has a black screen when it  comes out of standby...when i put it in standby..turn off the tv...start the tv back up..and turn on the box again..only black screen...(or the tv says no source)..i tried bring it down to 720 resolution ..too see if that helped....didnt... MyGicaSupport...you asked for a vid.of the issue before...not sure i can post vids..but hope this was enough info too help..

I have had this happen 2-3 times as well.  I thought it was my kids not shutting everything down properly.

I have a harmony remote and just hit the off button and keep it aimed at the box until the green light goes out.

1 hour ago, Kennstr said:

This is exactly what happens here.
After I put it in standby using the stock RC and power off the TV the box image never comes back again, just the black "so signal" screen.
Yesterday I realized that the Android probably is woking fine, green led turns red when I press RC power button and comes back to green when press it again, orange LAN led also seems ok.

How to change the resolution  with no screen at all to see what I'm doing?

Edited by Luciano

you cant..i tried changing the resolution to 720 before putting it in standby...didnt help...its something to do with the graphics chip..the android part is ok..just waking up the graphics chip correctly..

Guys,

If you can record a video of this happening and try to show the front of the units while this is going on. This will help a lot showing the engineers. We are trying to duplicate this issue on every tv we can get our hands on, to no avail. 

4 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Guys,

If you can record a video of this happening and try to show the front of the units while this is going on. This will help a lot showing the engineers. We are trying to duplicate this issue on every tv we can get our hands on, to no avail. 

There is not much to show besides what has already been described however I did a video showing what happens here. Sorry about low light and crap cell phone footage.
If I am doing something wrong or if you want me to precede it in some specific way please tell me.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6bfc9ee0897c9a95fb444d8e71709d8f20161221225353/aac719
note: this file will automatically removed from wetransfer after 1 week (dec 28th)

• Like 1

More info about black screen issue from my unit.

The last time the box worked it was running Kodi,  the movie finished then I clicked on the "home" RC button and then on the power button, the unit sleeps, entered in standby mode so I turned off the TV.
The next day I turned on the TV,  tried the power from MyGica RC the red led turns green but no HDMI signal at all, tried a few more times with remote and front pannel button with no lucky, tried a hard power down (power cord) but stills this way, no video signal.

I dont know if Kodi was still running when unit entered in stand by mode.
I dont know if Kodi changes some video configs to work and then the unit fails to undo it before HDMI shuts down.

Edited by Luciano

On 21/12/2016 at 2:13 PM, MyGica Support said:

Guys,

MOV_20161226_1820210.mp4

Guys with "StandBy problem", please try this:

When the box is working (normal screen), try to put it to Standby (with remote), wait 3 seconds and try it to Wakeup again with remote. Did the box woke up? I tried my MyGica several days ago and when I put it to Standby and immediately try to wake up my box, it works. When I put box to Standby and wait more time, it will not wake up. (version 4.4 or 5.1 - doesn't matter, maybe 5.1 working a little bit better)

9 hours ago, postak05 said:

Guys with "StandBy problem", please try this:

When the box is working (normal screen), try to put it to Standby (with remote), wait 3 seconds and try it to Wakeup again with remote. Did the box woke up? I tried my MyGica several days ago and when I put it to Standby and immediately try to wake up my box, it works. When I put box to Standby and wait more time, it will not wake up. (version 4.4 or 5.1 - doesn't matter, maybe 5.1 working a little bit better)

Postak, thanks for the video. We have sent several to the engineers and they have had them since last week.Hopefully we will have something quickly here guys.

Du

1 hour ago, dunn said:

Dec 29.2016

Hello

Is this file "1900_factory_restore.rar" include the update "update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img". Or I have to do the firmware first then do the update after.

Please let me know. I want to update my box  ATV1800E to the latest firmware 5.1

Thanks

If i were you.. i would hold off on updating..there is still an issue with waking up from standby...if you dont mind possibly having to pull the plug everytime you want to restart the unit.. then go for it..its way better. than the 4.2...

MyGicaSupport is working on the issue..

54 minutes ago, Kennstr said:

Du

If i were you.. i would hold off on updating..there is still an issue with waking up from standby...if you dont mind possibly having to pull the plug everytime you want to restart the unit.. then go for it..its way better. than the 4.2...

MyGicaSupport is working on the issue..

Thanks for let me know but TOO LATE. I already updated it. Confirmed the Wake Up from standby's Problem. Hope MyGica release a new update soon.

• Like 1

Tell the engineers to unlock the cores!!!  Box runs super slow.  I should not have to use tools to set the speed and use the cores!  This is ridiculous.

On 11/27/2016 at 9:38 PM, darrylg said:

I appear to be having the same issue.  Stuck at 2/8 and I'm trying to wait it out to see what happens.  I pressed the off button after 30 minutes but it came back (resumed) at the 2/8 mark installing the "Wifi Analyzer".

hrmmmmm

I found that removing the Ethernet connection allows the factory reset to process all 8 installation items.  Both of my remote controls have stopped working after the upgrade so my ATV1900ac is basically bricked.