MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

On 20/12/2016 at 4:11 PM, Kennstr said:

Guess i should explain...I have 2 1800E's ...one i kept stock ..the other i installed the 5.1 beta .....i just upgraded to the full 5.1 version..and totally happy so far.. Mygica rocked it with this update..

I have 2 1800E's as well. Can you direct to the full 5.1 upgrade file you used please.

Also did you use an SD card or USB drive? And did you use the local update app?

I am a little apprehensive about doing this install and a little more knowledge would go a long way here.

Thank you.

like i have said before...if your unit is working ok right now..leave it...but..if you dont mind having to unplug to reboot everytime..then upgrade..the 5.1 is the shit....they are working on the issue..so hopefully there will be a fixed version soon....i used a usb stick..but i have used an sd card as well..both work fine....the file is the first post of this thread..the file is called...   update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img   good luck ...cheers 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, postak05 said:

Luke, what remote do you have?

The remotes were the MyGica remotes supplied with the ATV1900AC unit.   I recall the sales guy telling me that it comes with the KR54 (with volume up/down buttons) but I should get the KR301 also as it was a better remote.  I'm worried that the 4 x USB ports in the unit have stopped working because I can't even connect a standard USB mouse or keyboard.  Would really like a link to the original Android Version 5.0 firmware just to rule out a buggy OTA update which lacks driver support for my two remotes perhaps?

Here is an interesting thought.

I have a at1800ac that used to work perfect on Kodi 16 , when it automatically upgraded to Kodi 16.1 then it started to have the dreaded shut down and reboost problem everyone is talking about, downloaded the 5.1 verson and no change

Then it stopped booting up at all, it is in getting repaired now .

Yesterday, I got some OTA update for my ATV1900AC (Android 4.4). It's true, that I havent run my box since approx. 20.12.2016. I found new icons on main screen - "Power" and "Maintenance" icon like in the Android 5.1 build. The build date is something about 20.7.2016 (didn't realized what was the date before, but I think it was same), so I tried several tests with standby. Short time standby (several minutes) worked fine. I tried to Standby box over night then. What a surprise when the box started without problem this morning! I'll test my box more. If this will be ok, I will stay with only one problem - wired networking after power off not working (no network icon). I have to reboot box using remote. I  am not sure when this problem occur, but it seems it's always after longer PowerOff (power supply pulled out of the socket).

Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited by postak05

Ok, I did some research today and I can confirm (on Android 4.4):

- running KODI 16.1, put to standby, resume from standby => PROBLEM (screen flickering with KODI image, no reaction to remote)

- launcher home screen, put to standby, resume from standby => NO PROBLEM

I have noticed that if I clear the cache from the home screen using the broom/rocket thing before going to standby then I don't have any issue when I start it up next. 

• Like 1

Well, my 1900ac unit comes alive again (new nick "zoombie box") and I found this:

My main HDMI cable do not work anymore, just the black screen.
Spare HDMI cable works, sometimes flickering the image and bleeps/jumps the audio (from video files), sometimes runs ok. 
Both cables was ok when running stock firmware, with no image/audio issues at all.

Strange behavior.

For the black screen issue, I figured out by having the sound turned up, that the device was powered on, because I could hear the selections change when using the remote. I haven't had the issue in a while *knock on wood* I believe all I did last was toggle the auto switch to best resolution option to on in Display > Screen Resolution. Possibly did a reboot then as well.

Otherwise if you hear the icon sounds as changing, just press down a few times, OK to select the Power icon, down once and OK again to reboot.

On 12/8/2016 at 6:45 AM, BlueThunder said:

Once rooted I install NSTools its a free app that lets you change the CPU Scaling Governor. I set mine to interactive its like performance and keeps all cores active but allows the cores to idle lower when not active to reduce heat. When the CPU power is needed they all ramp up. Since i rooted and set to interactive with a min of 600 mhz on interactive the unit is WAY faster.  Hot plug stops cores as much as possible to save power and idles them as low as possible this is not a good setting for a always plugged in and always on android box as the unit uses a power brick and will draw the same power if its on or off.

here is the link for what i use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.cyann.nstools&hl=en

here is the description of the governors I spoke of : (There are over 100 Governors )

8: Interactive:

Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set by the kernel developer (or user). In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. It is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above. 

Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.

3: Performance:

The performance governor locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. 

21: Hotplug:

The Hotplug governor performs very similarly to the OnDemand governor, with the added benefit of being more precise about how it steps down through the kernel's frequency table as the governor measures the user's CPU load. However, the Hotplug governor's defining feature is its ability to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization. This is known as "hotplugging."

i have done 3 1800s now w the5.1.1 update aswell as the root update and nstools. system works great.. did a backup for each.. awesome.

my question is i have run all in interactive and performance mods at 600mhz and 812mhz . i find that they seem to work faster and smoother on the performance mod at 812mhz.  is this a bad choice to do or should i just stick to the interactive at 600..  thanks for the great info given here..

On 1/5/2017 at 10:12 PM, no12nv said:

i have done 3 1800s now w the5.1.1 update aswell as the root update and nstools. system works great.. did a backup for each.. awesome.

my question is i have run all in interactive and performance mods at 600mhz and 812mhz . i find that they seem to work faster and smoother on the performance mod at 812mhz.  is this a bad choice to do or should i just stick to the interactive at 600..  thanks for the great info given here..

600mhz is the recommended speed from AMlogic, so therefore we follow this speed. 

On 1/9/2017 at 8:10 PM, faulk2p said:

Hey. On my 1800e. I had the black screen but  once I removed my USB adapter for the remote. The box fired up and is working again. 

Thanks for the suggestion

We will try this here to see if this is the issue.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:54 AM, Otherworld said:

I guess the real question now is, will there be another updated version of this firmware made available that fixes the listed issues on this forum?

Yes we plan to update the firmware for this, to fix the standby power issue.

• Like 2

On 23/11/2016 at 5:56 PM, MyGica Support said:

Here is Manual Update File for ATV 1900AC and 1800E  for Android 5.1

**This is the official release and no longer in Beta**

We have been testing this all week and last weekend. Please leave comments and feedback below. This should solve lots of issues you guys have been having.

To use the updater app, just download the  .img file and load it onto a usb or SD card.

**ALSO IF USING THE UPGRADE APP, MAKE SURE TO PRESS THE 3 LINED CONTEXT MENU BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL 10+ TIMES. THE FILE WILL APPEAR AFTER DOING THIS**

To do a full manual install or to fix problematic boxes, use the zip folder.

You must extract the all the Files from the Zip Folder.

You can load it onto the box using Micro SD. Hold down the reset button once the SD card is installed and plug in the power cord. Continue holding down the reset button until you see the front lights flash between green and red. From this point just leave it for about 10 minutes.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

***CHANGES***

1.  voice search re-enabled. (You must install Google Now from the Playstore and enable it within Android settings under Language and Input settings menu)
2. power on/off issue fixed 
3. Memory Clean and Power Icons added to launcher
4. KODI 16.1 pre installed
5. You tube app updated

6.  Pre-Installed Facebook and Netflix apps need to be updated after logging into the Play Store
7.  Updated to latest Google Play Services now with Google Smart Lock
8. Home Screen Menu/Launcher now supports 24H and 12H Time

1900_factory_restore.rar

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

I have a atv1800e android 4.4 , I had 1 problem with internet tv on a particular channel , video was choppy, updated to android 5.1 issue is gone super, but now rca output in back of tv box dosent work anymore black and white with noise and when i shut down box to sleep and return back on i have a black screen hdmi dosent power on i guess no sound unable to shut back down , i have to pull out power wire and replug then it boots ok.

I have a atv1800e android 4.4 , I had 1 problem with internet tv on a particular channel , video was choppy, updated to android 5.1 issue is gone super, but now rca output in back of tv box dosent work anymore black and white with noise and when i shut down box to sleep and return back on i have a black screen hdmi dosent power on i guess no sound unable to shut back down , i have to pull out power wire and replug then it boots ok.

On 15/01/2017 at 10:25 PM, darrylg said:

Can anybody else confirm that the MAC address of their MyGica constantly changes after every reboot with this firmware?

-Darryl

Mine seems to as well.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, darrylg said:

Can anybody else confirm that the MAC address of their MyGica constantly changes after every reboot with this firmware?

-Darryl

Hey Darryl, are you talking WiFi MAC or wired?

Edited by gica4ever

On 19/01/2017 at 6:26 PM, gica4ever said:

Hey Darryl, are you talking WiFi MAC or wired?

Hi gica4ever

It's Wired MAC.  Haven't tested on WiFi.

18 hours ago, darrylg said:

Hi gica4ever

It's Wired MAC.  Haven't tested on WiFi.

Will have to get this fixed then.

On 11/01/2017 at 3:02 PM, Justin said:

Yes we plan to update the firmware for this, to fix the standby power issue.

Awesome ! Thank you.

Any timelines available? 

Also, it would be great to get an instructional video to go with the update unless it is being sent out OTA.