MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

7 minutes ago, madmitch said:

What about CPU performance fix (hotplug)?

Trying to convince them on this.

They are against this, since they feel it can cause hardware issues over time.

sorry if this has been answered, but I really can't go through 8 pages.

I understand that Netflix HD is an issue. Now is that an issue with people that have legitimate accounts, or some other access? I initially bought this unit for other video apps, but find myself wanting to use Netflix more, especially since my Blu Ray player is starting to crap out on me. I have a high def projector and a 106" screen on the wall, so there is a HUGE difference in HD and non-HD videos.

So, is this new firmware suppose to fix the HD in Netflix? If not, can it be fixed?

16 hours ago, mac_angel said:

I understand that Netflix HD is an issue. Now is that an issue with people that have legitimate accounts, or some other access? I initially bought this unit for other video apps, but find myself wanting to use Netflix more, especially since my Blu Ray player is starting to crap out on me. I have a high def projector and a 106" screen on the wall, so there is a HUGE difference in HD and non-HD videos.

So, is this new firmware suppose to fix the HD in Netflix? If not, can it be fixed?

We cannot make Netflix HD work just by software, as the Widevine Level 1  key has to be burned into a chipset at our factory.

22 hours ago, Justin said:

Trying to convince them on this.

They are against this, since they feel it can cause hardware issues over time.

What about interactive I set my box to 600 to 1608 on interactive and all cores come to life in kodi. Performance works better but it changes itself back maybe due to over heating. However interactive has not caused me any issues at all. If they are worried about hardware issues over time its hardware it is not made to work forever just until it gets upgraded it it runs for 3 or more years then success. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

What about interactive I set my box to 600 to 1608 on interactive and all cores come to life in kodi. Performance works better but it changes itself back maybe due to over heating. However interactive has not caused me any issues at all. If they are worried about hardware issues over time its hardware it is not made to work forever just until it gets upgraded it it runs for 3 or more years then success. 

Ok thanks for this suggestion then.

Will see what they say about interactive.

On 13/02/2017 at 10:16 PM, mac_angel said:

Can't read, or just to lazy to potentially learn something?

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Hey Guys

I just received this patch file yesterday.

It should fix the Standby/Black Screen issue on the 1900AC/1800E using Android 5.1

Please try it and let me know your feedback

Thanks

Justin

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_nonetflixHD_bootpatch.img

Great news Justin, can you please provide instructions (or link to) how to install this patch?

Thank you!

Just now, Luciano said:

Great news Justin, can you please provide instructions (or link to) how to install this patch?

Thank you!

Put onto SD card and then plug into box

Open up Upgrade app on box, and select Local Update

If the update does not appear, then press the 3 lined menu button 10+ times it should then appear.

Once you see the update, click on it and you can press OK to install it.

54 minutes ago, Justin said:

Put onto SD card and then plug into box

Open up Upgrade app on box, and select Local Update

If the update does not appear, then press the 3 lined menu button 10+ times it should then appear.

Once you see the update, click on it and you can press OK to install it.

Thank you Justin, device successfully patched! I will test it and post a feedback later, in a few days.

Just to recap my ATV1900AC bugs:
- Loose AC connector, its a physical issue, I need to open the shell and provide a soldering job, need instructions about how to disassemble it, just unscrew the 4 screws is not  enough, the shell looks sealed.
- Black screen after wake up, need to hard reset the device our unplug-replug HDMI connector to get image back to TV;
- Image flickering/glitches/noise/bumps/jumps, aleatory behaviour.
- audio failures: no sound/mute times, aleatory behaviour.
Looks like HDMI out failure.
- Google main app won't install in 5.1, I don't know why , fails from Android Playstore and .apk file too. error message: "this app cant be installed on this device".

thank you again.

39 minutes ago, Luciano said:

Thank you Justin, device successfully patched! I will test it and post a feedback later, in a few days.

Just to recap my ATV1900AC bugs:
- Loose AC connector, its a physical issue, I need to open the shell and provide a soldering job, need instructions about how to disassemble it, just unscrew the 4 screws is not  enough, the shell looks sealed.
- Black screen after wake up, need to hard reset the device our unplug-replug HDMI connector to get image back to TV;
- Image flickering/glitches/noise/bumps/jumps, aleatory behaviour.
- audio failures: no sound/mute times, aleatory behaviour.
Looks like HDMI out failure.
- Google main app won't install in 5.1, I don't know why , fails from Android Playstore and .apk file too. error message: "this app cant be installed on this device".

thank you again.

When did you purchase this?

It sounds like you have a few hardware issues with your box.

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Hey Guys

I just received this patch file yesterday.

It should fix the Standby/Black Screen issue on the 1900AC/1800E using Android 5.1

Please try it and let me know your feedback

Thanks

Justin

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_nonetflixHD_bootpatch.img

Hay Justin. I installed the patch.  I used the unit for a few hours and then very  hesitantly put the box in stand by mode.   I'm sorry to say "at least in my personal experience" that the box did indeed go into stand by mode but I was NOT able to power on via the remote or the power button on the box.  HOWEVER, this time around there was no red light.   The green light turned red, once I selected "stand by" and then immedialty went back to green and the green light stayed on with the box in stand by mode.  I know the box went into standby mode because my tv lost the signal as if the unit was off   

Will try try again tomorrow after work and see if I can repeat the process.  So at least for me anyways the patch at this point did not work.  Just wondering if anyone has had success or if they have experienced this.  

Thanks.  

Brad 

17 hours ago, frosty911 said:

Hay Justin. I installed the patch.  I used the unit for a few hours and then very  hesitantly put the box in stand by mode.   I'm sorry to say "at least in my personal experience" that the box did indeed go into stand by mode but I was NOT able to power on via the remote or the power button on the box.  HOWEVER, this time around there was no red light.   The green light turned red, once I selected "stand by" and then immedialty went back to green and the green light stayed on with the box in stand by mode.  I know the box went into standby mode because my tv lost the signal as if the unit was off   

Will try try again tomorrow after work and see if I can repeat the process.  So at least for me anyways the patch at this point did not work.  Just wondering if anyone has had success or if they have experienced this.  

Thanks.  

Brad 

The remote control you are using, it requires a USB dongle?

4 hours ago, Justin said:

The remote control you are using, it requires a USB dongle?

Hay Justin apparently my reply didn't go through.  I thought I already replied. 

I have 2 dongles connected. 1 is the original dongle that came with the 1800e unit and the second dongle is for my Mii remote.  

I have tried removing all the dongles and it seems to make no difference.   

Powering off into stand by mode, when box is on, shows red light 

Power on from stand by mode and box light turns green, but tv is still blank black screen, and at this point the box seems frozen because the green light stays on and I cannot power it off unless it's unplugged.  

I performed on the 1800e. when in kodi 17 can not run standard video mkv .. hangs box can not do anything to draw power. I've tried lots of mkv video and still be such a phenomenon. The problem was solved standby

On 2/22/2017 at 10:44 PM, TTMT said:

I performed on the 1800e. when in kodi 17 can not run standard video mkv .. hangs box can not do anything to draw power. I've tried lots of mkv video and still be such a phenomenon. The problem was solved standby

Not sure what you mean by, hangs box can not do anything to draw power??

i installed the patch to 1800e.. and run update kodi 17.. then i tried video mkv h264 .. the box becomes unresponsive and must unplug.. I tried many times