MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

24 minutes ago, ketchabob said:

Hi! I am in Ontario .

I have an ATV1800e and have not updated to 5.1 yet - Is it worth it? Does it work?

I have not updated yet for reasons that are found throughout this thread. 

Mainly the stand by issue. 

On 1/26/2017 at 11:38 AM, FlyByNight said:

I finally got around to updating my 1800e, wasn't in a rush as 4.4 was working fine for me but wanted to be able to use Krypton 17 in the future.  Anyway, the upgrade wasn't smooth as it stopped half way through and I had to pull the power and reboot the box.  The box came back up again and finished the upgrade without any further issues.  I also had the same issue when applying the Root patch.

So far so good, no problems at all with 5.1 and not getting the black screen issue when waking it up from standby. :)

Good job MyGica!

FBN

Looks like I now have the standby black screen issue on my 1800e....  Was working fine before, but now it is not.

Hopefully will be a fix for this soon..... MyGica fix this and all should be good.

FBN

Okay!

Thanks for the info!

I  am thinking I'll just wait and hopefully MyGica will put out a stable System update for the 1800e.

It is running fine @ 4.4 and Jarvis 16.0.

I don't want to mess up my box!

Please keep me informed!

Thanks again for the info!

13 minutes ago, Justin said:

Can anyone using 5.1 on the 1900AC report they are having the standby issue?

Just as feedback to your request I can report that I have not had this issue on my 1900.

2 minutes ago, ksmitty said:

Just as feedback to your request I can report that I have not had this issue on my 1900.

Thanks for reporting this.

On 20/03/2017 at 10:24 AM, FlyByNight said:

Looks like I now have the standby black screen issue on my 1800e....  Was working fine before, but now it is not.

Hopefully will be a fix for this soon..... MyGica fix this and all should be good.

FBN

This is what I am afraid of.  As I have 2 1800e's that are working just fine.  I really hope this issue can be fixed and a stable firmware release will be sent out soon.

Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful that this is being worked on. I just don't want to mess up my 1800e's with this firmware.

Looking forward to another firmware release.

Thank you for the info!

I have a 1800e running Jarvis 16.0 and KitKat 4.4 , everything working great!

I am waiting for a stable Auto System update.

Hopefully My Gica will release one in the near future for 5.1 so I don't have to go through all the problems associated with the last release.

I hope someone will let me know when this happens.

I am very happy with the box and thankful for the work being done!

I have only had the box 2 years (pd. $200) so I hope a fix is released soon.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 20/03/2017 at 6:48 PM, Justin said:

Can anyone using 5.1 on the 1900AC report they are having the standby issue?

hi Justini

I am still having standby issues, I have to unplug the power cord to reboot back on. This happened ever since i upgraded my android 4.4 to 5.1 lollipop. 

I dowloaded your recommended upgrades, works good but  I have to leave power on at all the time.

I forgot I am using the 1800 unit not the 1900

Werner 

Edited by werner

On 2/21/2017 at 11:47 AM, Justin said:

Hey Guys

I just received this patch file yesterday.

It should fix the Standby/Black Screen issue on the 1900AC/1800E using Android 5.1

Please try it and let me know your feedback

Thanks

Justin

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_nonetflixHD_bootpatch.img

Hey Justin

I've installed 5.1 and this bootpatch on my 1800E and here are some of the problems I'm still having. My unit freezes sometimes when I try to put it in standby mode. When using the KR301 remote, sometimes when I hit the down cursor it boots google play. When I use the RF remote in kodi 16.1 hitting back acts as if I hit it twice and sometimes boots me out of kodi. Tried to put kodi 17 on my 1800E but the Passthrough doesn't work. The audio just cuts in and out and freezes the video even, no matter how I adjust all other audio settings in kodi. Box is set to HDMI Passthrough. Hope this helps.

Bryan

On 3/27/2017 at 10:19 AM, mightyguy27 said:

hey guys, i have 2 1800e and when i installed the new FW it gets stuck on the mygica screen. anybody else having this issue?

Sometimes you just have to wait a little longer. It happens to me also, sometimes it's quick sometimes just takes 3 to 5 minutes.

5 hours ago, bkwashby said:

Hey Justin

I've installed 5.1 and this bootpatch on my 1800E and here are some of the problems I'm still having. My unit freezes sometimes when I try to put it in standby mode. When using the KR301 remote, sometimes when I hit the down cursor it boots google play. When I use the RF remote in kodi 16.1 hitting back acts as if I hit it twice and sometimes boots me out of kodi. Tried to put kodi 17 on my 1800E but the Passthrough doesn't work. The audio just cuts in and out and freezes the video even, no matter how I adjust all other audio settings in kodi. Box is set to HDMI Passthrough. Hope this helps.

Bryan

Ive read Kodi 17 having lots of Passthrough issues

Have you tried SPMC
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

I hear SPMC works great with Passthrough.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Have you tried SPMC

I had the same issues with kodi 17 on my mygica. However it works fine on a raspberry pi 3 using xbian and openelec.

Justin, is thee any update to the MAC address changing on these devices after the update?

Thanks.

Edited by emetib
big fingers, small keyboard.

Hello I am need of help and have searched for what seems forever...?

I recently upgraded from 4.4 on my 582 to 5.0 but did not realise there was 5.1 now I am struggling to get 5.1 to be recognised when I try to load it..?

In 5.0 the playstore will not load and I get an error message so cannot update to Kodi 17

Starting to get really frustrated as I am not pc literate so find this a bit overwhelming. 

17 hours ago, emetib said:

I had the same issues with kodi 17 on my mygica. However it works fine on a raspberry pi 3 using xbian and openelec.

Justin, is thee any update to the MAC address changing on these devices after the update?

Thanks.

xbian and openelec are linux based, so would explain why no issues for you there.
I was only referring to passthrough issues on the Android version of Kodi.

And I do not have an update for mac address changing right now.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎28 at 4:36 PM, Justin said:

Have you tried SPMC

I'm interested in trying SPMC but I don't want to uninstall Kodi. Can I have both on my box without having to uninstall kodi?

10 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

I'm interested in trying SPMC but I don't want to uninstall Kodi. Can I have both on my box without having to uninstall kodi?

What about more updates, will there be any more for android 5.1 for the 1800E?

15 hours ago, bkwashby said:

SPMC and KODI 17.1 can both be installed and run as separate apps

15 hours ago, bkwashby said:

What about more updates, will there be any more for android 5.1 for the 1800E?

Only update we are trying to come out with is to fix standby issue and mac address changing
After this I do not think we will have anymore updates.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:00 AM, Justin said:

Only update we are trying to come out with is to fix standby issue and mac address changing
After this I do not think we will have anymore updates.

Justin,

There are too many issues to stop development on Android 5.1 for the 1900 and the 1800 MyGica boxes.  We want to be able to continue using these boxes with the latest version of Kodi.  Right now, I'm running 4.4 KitKat with Kodi 16.1, but I've been patiently waiting until all of the issues have been resolved with your developers so that we can upgrade to Android 5.x.

I'm really hoping that you will work with your developers to address all of the issues that you have received via the feedback from your community.  Otherwise, we may have to leave the MyGica family of products due to obsolescence.  That is not something that I want to do, but if I'm forced to I will.