MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

For a little more money I could have an Nvidia Shield.

That will be my next Android media player, assuming I don't just build an HTPC instead.

While I know the Raspberry Pi  software, Xbian and OpenELEC are based on linux, I still am surprised at how much better they do with kodi than this MyGica 1800e, and for about half the price.

This has been disappointing from the start and it seems to get worse. After the 5.1 upgrade it frequently freezes, requiring the power to be removed to restart it, to try again.

I blame myself for not doing enough research before purchasing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, calcal23 said:

Justin,

There are too many issues to stop development on Android 5.1 for the 1900 and the 1800 MyGica boxes.  We want to be able to continue using these boxes with the latest version of Kodi.  Right now, I'm running 4.4 KitKat with Kodi 16.1, but I've been patiently waiting until all of the issues have been resolved with your developers so that we can upgrade to Android 5.x.

I'm really hoping that you will work with your developers to address all of the issues that you have received via the feedback from your community.  Otherwise, we may have to leave the MyGica family of products due to obsolescence.  That is not something that I want to do, but if I'm forced to I will.

Thanks for your post! This is how I am feeling too! I purchased an 1800 My Gica box less than 2 years ago! I paid $200! Here we are now with a box that is obsolete?

Not going to purchase another from MY Gica again unless they can put an complete update , not just patches that don't seem to work! To sell something then not support it fully or try to sell you another $200 box ! Sorry not happening and I will be sure to inform everyone I know that MyGica is a bad product!

Edited by ketchabob
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ketchabob said:

Thanks for your post! This is how I am feeling too! I purchased an 1800 My Gica box less than 2 years ago! I paid $200! Here we are now with a box that is obsolete?

Not going to purchase another from MY Gica again unless they can put an complete update , not just patches that don't seem to work! To sell something then not support it fully or try to sell you another $200 box ! Sorry not happening and I will be sure to inform everyone I know that MyGica is a bad product!

Just a suggestion, but might want to search out all the MY GICA sites in Facebook and let everyone know what the product is really like.

Just give them an honest assessment of the product and point them to the Forum so they can see what they are getting for there $$$ (or not getting....)

Hi Justin. I downloaded the .img file to a usb stick and tried to do the upgrade to my 1800E 3 times and it failed each time.

Any suggestions. I do not want to do a full system restore if it can be helped.

I installed the 1900ac image file today and it installed with out incident. The box is working better than before and is update to lollipop 5.1.1,

I did it with a usb stick and only had the hdmi cable hooked up.  In less than 10 minutes it was done.

Thanks,

Edited by scarab1

No ! It is not working! It just messes up your box! A lot of confusion and glitches! It's a mess!

As far as Meagain says , read the rest of the posts at the top , no one has been able to get it to work.

1 hour ago, ketchabob said:

No ! It is not working! It just messes up your box! A lot of confusion and glitches! It's a mess!

As far as Meagain says , read the rest of the posts at the top , no one has been able to get it to work.

Little confused with this post
As there is tons of posts from people saying it is working

So I am very confused when you are saying, it is not working, messes up your box and just tons of confusion?

Besides the standby issue on 1800e and mac address issue, what is not working about it?

I've tried to install this firmware using the update from ext command, using an SD card and the .img file on the first page of the thread. It keeps giving me an error - E: footer is wrong, signature verification failed, installation aborted. I have the MyGica 1800E. 

I've already formatted the MyGica box so I'm very limited in my ability to get 5.1 running on it. I've also tried the firmware file from the mygica main website, but that produced the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this firmware to work on my box?

Edited by JoeF

I successfully installed the android 5 update and then the newest version of KODI today. Everything is working well. Thanks for the help from the forum members.

Ignore my previous post - I made the mistake of popping-out the SD card whenever the screen said "Install SDCard." The third attempt, I just kept it in and it eventually ran the way it should.

Justin & Meagain,

Maybe it's just me, but the installation process of Android 5.x needs to be improved.  I've re-read the previous posts on this thread and there seems to be many glitches about installing Android 5.x on this box (1800 E).  I know that you have to disconnect it from the internet when you upgrade.  I plan on using the USB method for updating, but only after you fix the two aforementioned problems that have been reported on Android 5.  We need it to be as stable as possible, so take your time and get it to the best place possible before releasing it for beta testing.  Once it's a formal release I will attempt the upgrade.  I will sing your praises if it goes well, but if it malfunctions, I'm leaving the MyGica family of products.  Bottom line, simplify the installation scripts and make them run without hiccups so that we can continue to enjoy these boxes without issue.  I really want the MyGica boxes to continue to work and I don't want to leave the family of products.  Many of my friends and family have MyGica boxes (mom, dad, friends, etc.).  Please make sure that it works.  No more horror stories about bricked MyGica boxes.  We are all depending on your leadership through this upgrade process.

I plan on attempting the 4.4 to 5.1 this weekend. Couple of questions...

Would you sugest USB .img file via app or .zip file (s) via SD card?

And if by .zip do I load "all" the files from the unzipped file onto the SD?

1st post, surely appreciate some knowledgeable advice.

Use the USB IMG file. disconnect the Ethernet cable and run the update. Just let it run mine took 10 minutes. It will wipe everything from your box which is no big deal as you will be installing Kodi 17 which is always best to do it with a clean install.

Edited by scarab1
  • Like 1

This will help you out after you have upgraded to Lollipop 5.1.1   not allowed outside link with 3rd party add-ons.

Kodi 16.1 is installed with the update so u need to go to the Google play store and get Kodi 17.1.

• Like 1

I have been updating alot of ATV1800E to OS 5.1 without problems, remember a few things. 

1. Format SD to FAT32

2. Download the file and make sure all full files are unzipped and transferred to SD card.
(( Make sure file is fully downloaded ))

3. Manual update required, via pin and power adapter. 

let me know how things are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

I have been updating alot of ATV1800E to OS 5.1 without problems, remember a few things. 

1. Format SD to FAT32

2. Download the file and make sure all full files are unzipped and transferred to SD card.
(( Make sure file is fully downloaded ))

3. Manual update required, via pin and power adapter. 

let me know how things are.

I have 2 but I am pretty apprehensive to run this update.  I wish there was some sort of video tutorial. 

How many have you updated? 

I just upgraded my 1800e to android 5.1 using the IMG file at the beginning of this thread through the upgrade app and am having the same standby issue everyone else has reported. I've disconnected/reconnected the remote dongle, and clicked the brush (clear cache) tool to try and repair it, as some said this helped them. But hasn't fixed the problem.

I haven't tried the patch file in this thread, because everyone's been saying it doesn't fix the standby issue on 1800e.

For mygica team: Could you guys create a widget or app icon for the paintbrush (clear cache) tool, so it can be used on different interfaces? I use square home tablet, and am not able to access the paintbrush tool on this interface.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any way to fix this standby issue on 1800e and can help, that would be great.

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I have 2 but I am pretty apprehensive to run this update.  I wish there was some sort of video tutorial. 

How many have you updated? 

here is a video on how to process this, 

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

I just upgraded my 1800e to android 5.1 using the IMG file at the beginning of this thread through the upgrade app and am having the same standby issue everyone else has reported. I've disconnected/reconnected the remote dongle, and clicked the brush (clear cache) tool to try and repair it, as some said this helped them. But hasn't fixed the problem.

I haven't tried the patch file in this thread, because everyone's been saying it doesn't fix the standby issue on 1800e.

For mygica team: Could you guys create a widget or app icon for the paintbrush (clear cache) tool, so it can be used on different interfaces? I use square home tablet, and am not able to access the paintbrush tool on this interface.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any way to fix this standby issue on 1800e and can help, that would be great.

there are two things inside of the MyGica UI aka Launcher if you select All Apps, the first icon is Advanced Task killer which also clears cache aka kill apps in the background. 

I am not what else it should have?