MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

16 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

there are two things inside of the MyGica UI aka Launcher if you select All Apps, the first icon is Advanced Task killer which also clears cache aka kill apps in the background. 

I am not what else it should have?  

Thanks for your response.

I'm familiar with advanced task killer and will use that. I understood the paint brush tool serves the same function as restarting the system, which cleans it up, so thought it would be good to have. But if advanced task killer is the best solution by doing it manually then I'll use that. I didn't actually realize it does the same thing, but makes sense, thanks for pointing that out.

And how about the standby issue on 1800e? Is there a fix still being worked on? Any idea of when a fix will be ready?

believe it or not, I really thought it was part of this launcher, but I am sending it right now to our dev team to give us an updated launcher with a paint brush. 

2 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

believe it or not, I really thought it was part of this launcher, but I am sending it right now to our dev team to give us an updated launcher with a paint brush. 

Yes it is in the mygica launcher, but I'm using the square home tablet launcher (interface) available from the google play store. I like the navigation and customization of it a little more. But the paintbrush tool can't be accessed through the square home tablet launcher which is why I'm asking if you can create an app icon for it so I can add it manually. Android 4.4 had a reboot shortcut that could be put onto the home screen launcher manually, so if either a reboot option or the paintbrush tool could be added as a shortcut or app icon option to add manually, it would be great.

Also any idea of what's going on with the standby issue on 1800e?

Yes, I'm experiencing the standby issue. I upgraded my 1800e box from android 4.4 to 5.1 using the instructions in the video you posted, except I used the file from this thread which is more recent. Its date in its filename is 20161121. 

When I put the box in standby mode it does this fine and the light on the 1800e box turns red. When I turn it back on the the red light will change to green but the screen will be black. If I try to put it back into standby mode from the black screen, it won't do it. The light will stay green, and I'll have to reboot the box by unplugging the cord. This is the same problem that many people on this thread have reported.

Any idea of how to fix this issue?

Since I've upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1 on 1800e I've found the box runs much more efficient and in a sense smoother, 'but' there's something off with the graphics, refresh rate, frame rate, or something else. On 4.4 when you'd boot it up the mygica logo opening graphics visual would look flawless. Now on 5.1 they look sort of pixelated. This also goes for watching video as well, something seems slightly off. I wouldn't call this a lag because it's constantly off. It's not a sometimes it's off and sometimes it isn't problem, but is constant. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the system being overloaded, as I said the system runs smooth. I switched the settings to 720p at 60hrz and it seems to run slightly smoother. This is something you guys may want to look into along with fixing the standby issues.

Edited by Frankie

17 hours ago, scarab1 said:

For all with 1800 and older boxes this will solve your problem with getting Kodi 17

This is great but what about when newer versions gets released? 

I am still hoping for a fix to the firmware, but I may install this for now. 

I have heard from a few people that the 5.1 beta that is listed in the video posted here, does not seem to have the audio passthrough issues that the new 5.1.1 release has.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I am planning on trying it. It can't be worse than what I have now.

I will post back once I have tested it with kodi 17, however it could be next weekend before I have time to do it.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Justin here for a little while. 

I am wondering if this standby issue is being worked on. Will there be an update to the current firmware addressing this issue? 

I called tech support about the standby issue on android 5.1 for 1800e, and he said they're going to do an over the air update for it but doesn't know when. Don't know any specifics beyond what he said. I imagine they'll give an update through this thread soon, and hopefully the issue won't take too long to resolve. A detailed update on this would be great!

On 2017-04-06 at 7:34 AM, scarab1 said:

Use the USB IMG file. disconnect the Ethernet cable and run the update. Just let it run mine took 10 minutes. It will wipe everything from your box which is no big deal as you will be installing Kodi 17 which is always best to do it with a clean install.

Used this advice and though my 1800e could not detect the SD card via the Software Update app it was able to see the same .img file once  I loaded it on a flash drive and installed it via an external USB port. As stated in some other threads it loaded flawlessly, rebooted into Lollipop 5. in about 10 minutes and I was quickly able to download Kodi 17.1 via the play-store.

Thank you for your assistance with this crucial update

On 2017-04-06 at 1:44 PM, bindaredondat said:

I have been updating alot of ATV1800E to OS 5.1 without problems, remember a few things. 

1. Format SD to FAT32

2. Download the file and make sure all full files are unzipped and transferred to SD card.
(( Make sure file is fully downloaded ))

3. Manual update required, via pin and power adapter. 

let me know how things are.

For some reason my 1800e was not able to detect the .img file on the SD card I had loaded it on. Tried the same file via a flash drive and installed it via an external USB port... success. Took about 10 minutes to reload with the kitkat to lollipop upgrade and a few more to download Kodi 17.1 through Play Store. A littl;e bit more to reconfigure 17.1 and a few "live TV"adjustments to keep things streaming fine. So far So good.

Thank you for you assistance.

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 2:43 PM, raymondtrudeau said:

I have the 1800 can anyone confirm that this update to 5.1 will in fact work with no problems 

I upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1 using the .img file (within the .rar file). Loaded that to a USB drive, installed via external port. Used the Software Upgrade app (in your My Apps folder) and was lollipop loaded in ~10 minutes. Jarvis 16.1 auto loads so you'll need to log into your Play Store & update Kodi to 17.1 (another 5 minutes). Then this "newbie" spent a little time reloading my preferred sources & such, a few "live streaming" tweaks and I'm up & streaming fine.  

If this analogdog can do it, it can't be that tough. Have at err

20 hours ago, Frankie said:

I called tech support about the standby issue on android 5.1 for 1800e, and he said they're going to do an over the air update for it but doesn't know when. Don't know any specifics beyond what he said. I imagine they'll give an update through this thread soon, and hopefully the issue won't take too long to resolve. A detailed update on this would be great!

Lol am sorry but don't put your hopes up this issue will never be fixed and they will give you those run around answers as long as they can. 

My worry here is, I have not seen the Justin for a while. I know he was working on the standby issue, and it would be really nice to get some sort of an update on his progress. 

I will be updating to the new firmware soon, and I hope we'll be hiring from him soon. 

Another question I have. 

Does a backup of Kodi 16.1 restore on  Kodi 17? 

I have done this in the past but the Kodi version never had such a drastic difference to them.

Once you upgrade install ares wizard and look for a krypton 17.1 build like tombraiders.

If you like the old look of Kodi you can change the skin in 17.1 to confluence.

Edited by scarab1

I haven't heard any kind of detailed update on what's going on with this standby issue on 1800e. If your device can't turn on and off, this is considered a BIG problem. Imagine owning a Sony or Samsung tv that can't serve the basic function of turning off and on. The worst part about this is how silent mygica has been about this issue. It's absolutely horrifying.

Why not give an update of what's going on? Are you guys working to fix the problem, not working to fix it? Is it a really complicated problem? Does the technical team not know how to fix it? Any kind of update would be good here, other than just silence.

Also I'd highly recommend putting your firmware updates on an actual webpage so customers don't have to read through forums for hours. And if the firmware is unstable, just mark it in the notes, and summarize what your status is with fixing it. 

16 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I haven't heard any kind of detailed update on what's going on with this standby issue on 1800e. If your device can't turn on and off, this is considered a BIG problem. Imagine owning a Sony or Samsung tv that can't serve the basic function of turning off and on. The worst part about this is how silent mygica has been about this issue. It's absolutely horrifying.

Why not give an update of what's going on? Are you guys working to fix the problem, not working to fix it? Is it a really complicated problem? Does the technical team not know how to fix it? Any kind of update would be good here, other than just silence.

Also I'd highly recommend putting your firmware updates on an actual webpage so customers don't have to read through forums for hours. And if the firmware is unstable, just mark it in the notes, and summarize what your status is with fixing it. 

The update is as follows.

At first we thought it was wide spread on 1900AC and 1800E, but now after spending a lot of time on this, it is mainly only the 1800E.

The issue we are having is the 1800E uses a different chipset then the 1900AC and also a different PCBA Layout, including the power layout.
This is basically what is causing the issue, we had something similar on the 1900 PRO and 495 PRO, but were able to fix it.

However, the 1800E chipset is very similar to the one in the 1900AC that is why 5.1 works, but just has a standby issue.

We are trying to figure out how to fix the power issue without affecting the 1900AC at the same time.

I realize this is obviously a problem, as electronics should turn on/off without issue, and I am not ignoring it at all and I have never been silent on the issue either.

So that is the current update for now.

P.S. - I know this is not normally what people do with electronics, but you can just leave the box on 24/7, and do the occasional reboot.  Personally I haven't turned off my box in about 6 months, I just do reboots from time to time.  This will temporarily solve the standby issue for now.

• Like 2

Thank you for your quick reply Justin.  Much appreciated.

In essence from what I gather,  you want to be able to release 1 update that will fix the standby issue for the 1800E while not affecting anything for the 1900AC.

Thank you for the update and all the hard work. I look forward to seeing something soon.

Just an FYI, I have 2 1800E's and live in Ontario if you need a guinea pig.

Thanks again.

22 minutes ago, Justin said:

The update is as follows.

At first we thought it was wide spread on 1900AC and 1800E, but now after spending a lot of time on this, it is mainly only the 1800E.

The issue we are having is the 1800E uses a different chipset then the 1900AC and also a different PCBA Layout, including the power layout.
This is basically what is causing the issue, we had something similar on the 1900 PRO and 495 PRO, but were able to fix it.

However, the 1800E chipset is very similar to the one in the 1900AC that is why 5.1 works, but just has a standby issue.

We are trying to figure out how to fix the power issue without affecting the 1900AC at the same time.

I realize this is obviously a problem, as electronics should turn on/off without issue, and I am not ignoring it at all and I have never been silent on the issue either.

So that is the current update for now.

P.S. - I know this is not normally what people do with electronics, but you can just leave the box on 24/7, and do the occasional reboot.  Personally I haven't turned off my box in about 6 months, I just do reboots from time to time.  This will temporarily solve the standby issue for now.

Great update. Thanks for sharing what's happening. In regard to your P.S. suggestion, does the box consume more power when on vs. being in standby mode? (ie. does leaving the box on 24/7 run up your electrical bill?)

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Great update. Thanks for sharing what's happening. In regard to your P.S. suggestion, does the box consume more power when on vs. being in standby mode? (ie. does leaving the box on 24/7 run up your electrical bill?)

Frankie,

The units power usage does not change much if on or off. The device itself uses only several dollars of electricity each year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Frankie,

The units power usage does not change much if on or off. The device itself uses only several dollars of electricity each year.

Great. Am curious, do you know what the actual amps are of the 1800e?