MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

I think I figured out the amp question I asked from the info provided on the bottom of the box. dc power 5v-2a, so the box runs at 10 watts if I'm right. Either way, will take your word on it using a couple dollars of energy a year. Just leaving the box on 24/7 is a very viable solution to this problem and never occurred to me.  In addition to a couple notes I gave for 5.1 on 1800e about a 'graphics' problem, and making the paint brush tool/reboot option compatible with alternate launchers, which you can see in my past comments; here are a couple other things I noticed which you may want to look at seeing if you can fix along with the standby issue:

- After applying the android screensaver option, it still turns on when watching video content in kodi. Windows computers and cell phones (or mine at least) don't do this. Is there a way to stop this?

- Can't find a option to disable menu sound effects when browsing through android menu(s). I don't think there is one, unless if it's hard to find. Maybe one can be added?

- There's two setting menus in the android launcher which is confusing and a bit annoying. Can you merge them into one?

OK , I have 2 1800E's. I am going to update 1 to 5.1, but I want to confirm which update should I use...

This one --> 1900_factory_restore.rar

Or this one ---> update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

On my main 1800E, I will be installing this ---> mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk, the MyGica Kodi 17 fork. 

Is there an update to the fork to 17.1?

I will let everyone know how it went when I get some answers to this post.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Frankie said:

I think I figured out the amp question I asked from the info provided on the bottom of the box. dc power 5v-2a, so the box runs at 10 watts if I'm right. Either way, will take your word on it using a couple dollars of energy a year. Just leaving the box on 24/7 is a very viable solution to this problem and never occurred to me.  In addition to a couple notes I gave for 5.1 on 1800e about a 'graphics' problem, and making the paint brush tool/reboot option compatible with alternate launchers, which you can see in my past comments; here are a couple other things I noticed which you may want to look at seeing if you can fix along with the standby issue:

- After applying the android screensaver option, it still turns on when watching video content in kodi. Windows computers and cell phones (or mine at least) don't do this. Is there a way to stop this?

- Can't find a option to disable menu sound effects when browsing through android menu(s). I don't think there is one, unless if it's hard to find. Maybe one can be added?

- There's two setting menus in the android launcher which is confusing and a bit annoying. Can you merge them into one?

1. Graphics problem? Please explain

2. Power/Paint Brush option being compatible with alternate launchers is not really possible, as the actual launcher developer adds it to their launcher, as we did for ours for example.  Or you could always look into an Android Widget with some of these features for other Launchers like Nova or C Launcher.

3. Where did you get this screensaver option?

4. In settings, under Preferences Column.  Go to More Setting, then Sound & Notification, then Other Sounds.  You will see option to turn touch sound on/off

5. There are only 2 settings menus.  The one "Other Settings" is more advanced settings, we cant really merge these 2 together, as one of them is apart of the entire Android OS.

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

OK , I have 2 1800E's. I am going to update 1 to 5.1, but I want to confirm which update should I use...

This one --> 1900_factory_restore.rar

Or this one ---> update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

On my main 1800E, I will be installing this ---> mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk, the MyGica Kodi 17 fork. 

Is there an update to the fork to 17.1?

I will let everyone know how it went when I get some answers to this post.

Thanks

The factory restore files are if you want to use the bootcard method.

The 2nd link you posted is if users want to upgrade using the UPGRADE APP
Both options will install the same software.

We are working on a new KODI 17.1 Fork, right now only 17.0 is available.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

The factory restore files are if you want to use the bootcard method.

The 2nd link you posted is if users want to upgrade using the UPGRADE APP
Both options will install the same software.

We are working on a new KODI 17.1 Fork, right now only 17.0 is available.

Thank you Justin.

5 hours ago, Justin said:

1. Graphics problem? Please explain

2. Power/Paint Brush option being compatible with alternate launchers is not really possible, as the actual launcher developer adds it to their launcher, as we did for ours for example.  Or you could always look into an Android Widget with some of these features for other Launchers like Nova or C Launcher.

3. Where did you get this screensaver option?

4. In settings, under Preferences Column.  Go to More Setting, then Sound & Notification, then Other Sounds.  You will see option to turn touch sound on/off

5. There are only 2 settings menus.  The one "Other Settings" is more advanced settings, we cant really merge these 2 together, as one of them is apart of the entire Android OS.

1. Here's my prior comment about the graphics issue:

Since I've upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1 on 1800e I've found the box runs much more efficient and in a sense smoother, 'but' there's something off with the graphics, refresh rate, frame rate, or something else. On 4.4 when you'd boot it up the mygica logo opening graphics visual would look flawless. Now on 5.1 it looks sort of pixelated. This also goes for watching video as well, something seems slightly off. I wouldn't call this a lag because it's constantly off. It's not a sometimes it's off and sometimes it isn't problem, but is constant. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the system being overloaded, as I said the system runs smooth. I switched the settings to 720p at 60hrz and it seems to run slightly smoother. This is something you guys may want to look into along with fixing the standby issue.

2. I use square home tablet launcher. I've found a widget within it that serves the same purpose as the brush tool, so that's great. It's an image of the mini android task killer icon. In addition could you guys add a shortcut or app to reboot the system? This was present in android 4.4 through an alternate launcher, but is not available in 5.1.

3. In the android launcher > settings > display > daydream

4. There is no 'other sounds' option in the sound and notification setting menu. Not sure why you can see it but I can't? I'm on 5.1 - 1800e.

5. No problem. I'll use the main one, which can access the other one when I need to.

20 hours ago, Frankie said:

1. Here's my prior comment about the graphics issue:

Since I've upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1 on 1800e I've found the box runs much more efficient and in a sense smoother, 'but' there's something off with the graphics, refresh rate, frame rate, or something else. On 4.4 when you'd boot it up the mygica logo opening graphics visual would look flawless. Now on 5.1 it looks sort of pixelated. This also goes for watching video as well, something seems slightly off. I wouldn't call this a lag because it's constantly off. It's not a sometimes it's off and sometimes it isn't problem, but is constant. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the system being overloaded, as I said the system runs smooth. I switched the settings to 720p at 60hrz and it seems to run slightly smoother. This is something you guys may want to look into along with fixing the standby issue.

2. I use square home tablet launcher. I've found a widget within it that serves the same purpose as the brush tool, so that's great. It's an image of the mini android task killer icon. In addition could you guys add a shortcut or a

pp to reboot the system? This was present in android 4.4 through an alternate launcher, but is not available in 5.1.

3. In the android launcher > settings > display > daydream

4. There is no 'other sounds' option in the sound and notification setting menu. Not sure why you can see it but I can't? I'm on 5.1 - 1800e.

5. No problem. I'll use the main one, which can access the other one when I need to.

1.  Will look into this.  Only you have reported this so far.

2. Thanks for sharing this.

3. Yes this will come on no matter what if you set it to , 15 Mins, 30 mins etc... If you set it to "Never" then it wont come on.

4. Sorry I assumed the 5.1 on 495P was very similar to 5.1 on 1800/1900AC. After checking I see it is not there either.

5. Ok

On 4/11/2017 at 0:15 PM, Justin said:

The update is as follows.

At first we thought it was wide spread on 1900AC and 1800E, but now after spending a lot of time on this, it is mainly only the 1800E.

The issue we are having is the 1800E uses a different chipset then the 1900AC and also a different PCBA Layout, including the power layout.
This is basically what is causing the issue, we had something similar on the 1900 PRO and 495 PRO, but were able to fix it.

However, the 1800E chipset is very similar to the one in the 1900AC that is why 5.1 works, but just has a standby issue.

We are trying to figure out how to fix the power issue without affecting the 1900AC at the same time.

I realize this is obviously a problem, as electronics should turn on/off without issue, and I am not ignoring it at all and I have never been silent on the issue either.

So that is the current update for now.

P.S. - I know this is not normally what people do with electronics, but you can just leave the box on 24/7, and do the occasional reboot.  Personally I haven't turned off my box in about 6 months, I just do reboots from time to time.  This will temporarily solve the standby issue for now.

So you did not fix the standby issue and i am sorry i do not think you will ever do fix it . Please stop giving us false hope. It is unfortunate but i think we should all move on. 

Hi Junstin,

I've successfully upgraded 2 1800e with the update app.  Everything (minus standby) was working well.  Today, one of the units has lost all sound.  No sound is present with any action inside or outside of kodi.  Ive checked the cable, ive check sound options, everything should be working fine.  Any advice?

18 hours ago, Justin said:

1.  Will look into this.  Only you have reported this so far.

2. Thanks for sharing this.

3. Yes this will come on no matter what if you set it to , 15 Mins, 30 mins etc... If you set it to "Never" then it wont come on.

4. Sorry I assumed the 5.1 on 495P was very similar to 5.1 on 1800/1900AC. After checking I see it is not there either.

5. Ok

Sounds good.

2. My paragraph was broken apart so maybe it was difficult to understand the last part of problem 2. But is it possible to add a reboot option to be used in 5.1 in alternate launchers like it was available in 4.4? I guess I could unplug/replug the box to achieve this, but I think a reboot option would be much more ideal and better for the system.

3. If you guys can figure out a way to stop this screensaver from coming on when watching video content, that would be great. The kodi screensaver doesn't come on when watching video content, so don't understand why this one does. I'd rather use the android screensaver over the kodi one because it will work in kodi and outside of it. There must be a way to do this as the standard for a screensaver is for it not to go on when watching video content. 

Installed new firmware on one 1800e and had no issues except for the standby issue. 

Installed Kodi for on my 1800e with 4.4 still installed and could not restore kodi. So after updating the 1800e with the new firmware, I backed kodi 17.1 up and restored it on the 1800e with 4.4 in the kodi fork. 

It worked. 

I am updated to the newer 4.4.2 now, i was at 4.4.1.....i put the Krypton 17 media file on my 1800e, i am now updated to Krypton 17 , working like a charm, no issues .  tks Justin.

On 4/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, MyGica Support said:

Frankie,

The units power usage does not change much if on or off. The device itself uses only several dollars of electricity each year.

exactly.. just leave it on for frik sakes.. and move on with it already.. mines been on for years.  red light green light.. same shizat .. if it crashs when in stand by mod leave it on and have no issue next time you select it on ur inputs.. very simple ppl,,

personally i get there is issues with the 1800 5.1 kodi 16.1  upgrade for sum.. how.. im not sure. but for me an the 10 or so boxes i have done for friends n family. some were stubborn n some went quick, over all at the end of day they all work an work great. ive tried the 17.1 upgrade on my own 3 1800s at home and have put them back to 16.1. i feel its smoother an faster but non the less they both work.  if urs is crashing off stand by. stop using it an just let the unit b at idle. its not costing or hurtin anything..  also need not forget this is a free site and after your 1 time purchase cost of the box.. your watching something you would normally pay for.. thanks to all that help make this possible.. with out the team that brings the software to the public at no cost.. we would still be paying for it..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, no12nv said:

exactly.. just leave it on for frik sakes.. and move on with it already.. mines been on for years.  red light green light.. same shizat .. if it crashs when in stand by mod leave it on and have no issue next time you select it on ur inputs.. very simple ppl,,

Yeah this is a great solution and didn't occur to me. I didn't realize how little power the box uses. At 10 watts, it uses about $10 for the year if left on the whole year, which is pretty minor. I think I'll probably keep it on 24/7 even after the standby issue is fixed. I use the rii i8+ remote that can't power the box on/off, so have to use the mygica kr-40 remote to power it on/off. But leaving the box on 24/7 eliminates the need to use the kr-40 remote at all, making the box more user friendly. So I'm really satisfied with this fix because it solves two problems for me, standby issue, and eliminates secondary remote.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, no12nv said:

That's not the point.  It should work as advertised.  You're happy that they limit the cores in your box to 2 instead of having all 4 working?  Also, why is the box limited to 1.6Ghz if its advertised as 2Ghz?

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Also, why is the box limited to 1.6Ghz if its advertised as 2Ghz?

Probably for the same reason you don't put your foot to the floor and leave it there when you get your car out on the highway.

also, I have never turned my 1800e 'off', or into standby, never saw the need, most media players just turn off the video out anyway, so power saving is pretty much a non issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, madmitch said:

That's not the point.  It should work as advertised.  You're happy that they limit the cores in your box to 2 instead of having all 4 working?  Also, why is the box limited to 1.6Ghz if its advertised as 2Ghz?

soo down load the nstools app and remove the hot plug.. i did.. its awesome. set it to 612 max or performance mod,  ... if man made it you can change it. you just have  to a lil more open minded with how to change it is  all im saying.... keep all 4 cores at idle waiting for you to give it gas so ta speak..

Edited by no12nv

So my experience - maybe I have some strange/fake MyGica 1900AC (have 8GB eMMC only):

After half a year I decided to upgrade Kitkat 4.4 to Lollipop 5.1 on my MyGica 1900AC. All I have to say - nothing changed for me from time I tried it last.

My issues on Lollipop 5.1:
- no ethernet at all (LED blinking, but system not recognizing hardware (no ETH0 at all - chip on board is RTL8211F), WiFi OK.
- Lollipop unstable for me. I installed Factory defaults files, Root for 5.1 and then Standby patch. Still got problems with standby, sometimes the box restarts itself to MyGica logo, Kodi 17.1 freezes - but I think it's system problem, not KODIs

So now I'm back to KitKat 4.4, ETH0 recognized (so it is not HW issue), LAN working (after powersupply is unplugged I have to restart BOX to LAN show up - only once). When I use memory cleanup trick, I have no standby issues at all.

Something about Kodi 17.1 / MyGica Media center - the main problem is missing support of TLS 1.2 in Android 4.4, but it can be probably solved (it will be hard work):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37705367/how-do-i-get-tls-1-2-to-work-in-android-4-4-without-the-help-of-google-play-serv
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32545073/android-4-4-2-and-tls-1-2
https://blog.dev-area.net/2015/08/13/android-4-1-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28943660/how-to-enable-tls-1-2-support-in-an-android-application-running-on-android-4-1

But I'm not sure, these are changes, that MyGica team did in their fork of KODI...

Any news on the changing MAC ADDRESS? I'm losing precious money with my IPTV.  

Also, has anyone has this problem with SD CARDS, cannot be detected even in FAT32? 

On 2017-04-15 at 3:43 PM, emetib said:

Probably for the same reason you don't put your foot to the floor and leave it there when you get your car out on the highway.

also, I have never turned my 1800e 'off', or into standby, never saw the need, most media players just turn off the video out anyway, so power saving is pretty much a non issue.

First of all I have the 1900AC not the 1800.  Second, would you pay hundreds of thousands for a Ferarri knowing theres a Kia engine inside?  Don't think so.

On 2017-04-16 at 0:25 AM, no12nv said:
On 2017-04-16 at 0:25 AM, no12nv said:

soo down load the nstools app and remove the hot plug.. i did.. its awesome. set it to 612 max or performance mod,  ... if man made it you can change it. you just have  to a lil more open minded with how to change it is  all im saying.... keep all 4 cores at idle waiting for you to give it gas so ta speak..

First of all I shouldn't have to download any tool to make the product work as advertised.  Second even with the tool the settings don'tstay after a reboot.

Justin, this does not fix the standby issues.  I have an LG TV with the 1900AC.  If its turned off for a long period of time and you try to turn it on, the green light comes on and the TV is black screen and it says no signal.

Edited by madmitch

On 2017-04-15 at 3:43 PM, emetib said:

would you pay top dollar for a core i7 7700k know that only 2 cores would work and it operates below core frequency never hitting it's rated turbo?  No you wouldn't .