MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

would you pay top dollar for a core i7 7700k know that only 2 cores would work and it operates below core frequency never hitting it's rated turbo?  No you wouldn't .

then sell it.. or drive over it.. if it bothers you that much that instead of leaving it on with  no return issue than why are u wasting your and everyones time with the same endless bitch. its a simple fix to leave on.. its a simple fix to dl nstools from google play and remove the hot plug so all 4 cores are at idle..  this gripe you have can be fixed but you keep complaing on the same things that have a  fix if you choose to.  far as i can see this topic should be closed.. try the fixes offered or move on..

Turning off Wifi on the unit and connecting the Ethernet cable (and obviously turning the function on) is what fixed stand by issue for me.   That's my work around for the time being.  

6 hours ago, no12nv said:

then sell it.. or drive over it.. if it bothers you that much that instead of leaving it on with  no return issue than why are u wasting your and everyones time with the same endless bitch. its a simple fix to leave on.. its a simple fix to dl nstools from google play and remove the hot plug so all 4 cores are at idle..  this gripe you have can be fixed but you keep complaing on the same things that have a  fix if you choose to.  far as i can see this topic should be closed.. try the fixes offered or move on..

You want to buy it?

7 hours ago, no12nv said:

Actually, the "leaving it on" solution is less than ideal.  I, for one, use a Harmony universal remote and it doesn't give me the ability to leave the MyGica box on, it automatically puts it in standby and I have to power cycle it every time I want use it.  

Furthermore, no fixes have been offered, only band aids.  

Edited by bbq_tom

7 hours ago, no12nv said:

Don't read and complain about him posting if it bothers you so much. He has every right for something he payed for to work properly.

28 minutes ago, meagain said:

Don't read and complain about him posting if it bothers you so much. He has every right for something he payed for to work properly.

Ty.  Like I said, I don't think someone would pay top dollar for a product that doesn't function they way it's advertised.  ie 7700k with only 2 working cores that doesn't reach clock speed as advertised.  I can downgrade the software but will give me other issues.  If people buy an expensive smartphone would they not be upset if they couldn't use any apps from the playstore/app store?  I think they would.  It defeats the purpose of buying a smartphone.

I paid 200+ dollars for this shit and people are saying I shouldn't complain.  They should get a box like mine where there are slowdowns because the dev ON PURPOSE reduced the amount of cores to be used (from 4 to 2).  Is there buffering ? YES!  It fixes audio issues but NOT standby issues.  Downgrade to 4.4?  Possibly with audio issues and still standby issues with no future upgrade to Kodi 17.1.  A product like this with all these issues shouldn't have been released with all these bugs that it seems they can't fix.

10 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Ty.  Like I said, I don't think someone would pay top dollar for a product that doesn't function they way it's advertised.  ie 7700k with only 2 working cores that doesn't reach clock speed as advertised.  I can downgrade the software but will give me other issues.  If people buy an expensive smartphone would they not be upset if they couldn't use any apps from the playstore/app store?  I think they would.  It defeats the purpose of buying a smartphone.

I paid 200+ dollars for this shit and people are saying I shouldn't complain.  They should get a box like mine where there are slowdowns because the dev ON PURPOSE reduced the amount of cores to be used (from 4 to 2).  Is there buffering ? YES!  It fixes audio issues but NOT standby issues.  Downgrade to 4.4?  Possibly with audio issues and still standby issues with no future upgrade to Kodi 17.1.  A product like this with all these issues shouldn't have been released with all these bugs that it seems they can't fix.

I also agree you have the right to complain.
You are not satisfied with your purchase.

I have read through everything from everyone and will try to get the Core Issue + Mac address issue resolved.
The standby issue on 1800, I still don't have a solution for it.  I touched on this already in a previous post within this thread.

Please keep in mind, the 1800 uses the Amlogic S802 chipset.  
We are one of the only box makers that have provided an OS update of Android 5.1 for this chipset, AMLogic themselves do not even have 5.1 available for the S802
The reason I say this, is because maintaining a version of Android on your own is not an easy task.

If this thread continues with just people bashing each other, I will have to close it

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

I have read through everything from everyone and will try to get the Core Issue + Mac address issue resolved.
The standby issue on 1800, I still don't have a solution for it.  I touched on this already in a previous post within this thread.

We are one of the only box makers that have provided an OS update of Android 5.1 for this chipset, AMLogic themselves do not even have 5.1 available for the S802
The reason I say this, is because maintaining a version of Android on your own is not an easy task.

If this thread continues with just people bashing each other, I will have to close it

I'm not here to bash anyone.  I just want these issues resolved just like everyone else.  I just don't agree with the methods these dev are taking with the product.

Justin, I'm going to send you a small video of the startup screen so you can see for yourself how slow the boot process is and it continues onto kodi where I get buffering issues where I should have none.  Just to give you an idea, my 380 is working better and faster than my 1900AC and it only has 1GB of ram.

• Like 1

Just now, madmitch said:

I'm not here to bash anyone.  I just want these issues resolved just like everyone else.  I just don't agree with the methods these dev are taking with the product.

Justin, I'm going to send you a small video of the startup screen so you can see for yourself how slow the boot process is and it continues onto kodi where I get buffering issues where I should have none.  Just to give you an idea, my 380 is working better and faster than my 1900AC and it only has 1GB of ram.

You don't need to send the video

I know what you are talking about

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

k  Ty.  I'm just a little frustrated.  I bought the 1900AC a little just over a year ago and surprised the issues are still going on.  I've had/.have the 520e, 582, 380 and now the 1900AC and the worst issues have been with the most expensive product.  I had put the 520e with open elect and it was awesome till it went kaput.  The 582 and 380 are working with no issues other than the fact I broke the clip on the ethernet box that secures the cable on the 582.  Both are stable just a little slower than when I had the 1900AC on Lollipop 5.0.  but on 5.1.1 the 1900AC is slower.

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

Justin, I think you guys are talking about the same graphics issue I mentioned in my earlier post, but not entirely sure. I'm finding it's present whenever there's fast motion on the screen. If you watch the mygica opening animation on 4.4 for 1800e vs. 5.1 for 1800e, you'll very noticeably see the difference. Whenever there's fast motion it plays kind of jerky. Did you end up looking into this?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Justin, I think you guys are talking about the same graphics issue I mentioned in my earlier post, but not entirely sure. I'm finding it's present whenever there's fast motion on the screen. If you watch the mygica opening animation on 4.4 for 1800e vs. 5.1 for 1800e, you'll very noticeably see the difference. Whenever there's fast motion it plays kind of jerky. Did you end up looking into this?

Exactly this.  I think it's caused by the hotplug and them reducing the 4 cores down to 2.  This is not present when all cores are working.  If they were to change the profile from hotplug to ondemand or some other similar profile I think it would work

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Justin said:

I understand, and I thank you for your efforts Justin.  

This reminds me of another situation I am in with my Eye-fi SD card. For those that don't know what they are. They are SD cards with wifi radios in them them so when you take pictures  they transfer via wifi to a smart phone and then I back them up in Google photos. But About 6 months ago the company decided to stop sending updates for the some models and basically turned them into just regular SD cards as they do not function without the newer updates.

In doing so they lost my business. And I moved to another company that does the same thing.

This is not the case here as MyGica has offered options for the older boxes with the Kodi fork 17.0  and has made an effort to update the boxes that they believe can handle 5.1.

In doing so, they have ensured that I will go back to them again when it is time to upgrade my android box.

So, I will continue to hope for a patch file for for this new firmware, and thank the people that work on it for me, because as you can see above, it doesn't happen like this all the time.

Thanks again Justin (and team) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, madmitch said:

Exactly this.  I think it's caused by the hotplug and them reducing the 4 cores down to 2.  This is not present when all cores are working.  If they were to change the profile from hotplug to ondemand or some other similar profile I think it would work

Okay, good. I'm surprised no one else reported this. I was told I was the first which means you're the second. I found a clear noticeable difference upon the first startup on 5.1 seeing the opening mygica animation. Whenever there's fast motion it feels like there's almost frames missing at times. Can't you guys just replicate the settings from 4.4 and transfer them to 5.1? I don't know much about the hardware/software, maybe it's more complicated than I imagine. But I guess they're working on it so will stay tuned for an update.

• Like 1

Hey Justin,

What's the news on these issues? Mainly the graphics problem? Will the updates be sent OTA? Can these issues be fixed? What's the status? I'm planning to get another 1-2 1800e's so want to see if I should hold off until these issues are fixed or not. Here's the issues again in order of importance.

1800e on 5.1

1. graphics issue

2. android screensaver problem (daydream)

3. no reboot option for alternate launchers

4. can't turn off android menu browsing sounds

On 4/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, Justin said:

Not sure how often you read through the forums, but thought I'd quote your last msg so you get notified. My post is directly above. ^

Hi everybody.  Hi Justin.
I think this is my first time posting in the My Gica forum.
Like a lot of you I have almost the same list of issues with the 5.1 on my 1800e.
- Standby issue (I will survive for now)
- Jerky motion on the My Gica startup (I know that the developper team will manage soon... I hope! :-) )

For my part, I have another problem that no one seems to have reported yet:
- I'm unable to read h.265 files in Kodi and SMPC since 5.1 and Krypton.
Worked just fine in 4.4 and Kodi 16.  Anyone?  Solution?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by hug1ca
missing words

On 4/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, Justin said:

What's going on with these issues? A simple update is appreciated.

Edited by Frankie

On 4/21/2017 at 10:24 AM, Frankie said:

Hey Justin,

What's the news on these issues? Mainly the graphics problem? Will the updates be sent OTA? Can these issues be fixed? What's the status? I'm planning to get another 1-2 1800e's so want to see if I should hold off until these issues are fixed or not. Here's the issues again in order of importance.

1800e on 5.1

1. graphics issue

2. android screensaver problem (daydream)

3. no reboot option for alternate launchers

4. can't turn off android menu browsing sounds

I am sure you will get upset on the answers, but here is the ugly truth..

OS 5.1 is still beta, needs alot of bug fixes which we are working slowly to make sure all fixes properly.

1. Graphics issue, ( i didn't see this personally if you do have maybe your box is 1800E first Gen, which we can not fix. 
2.  The Screen Saver you can turn off under Settings.
3. Other Launchers are not created by us, so if they add reboot that would help, but it is not our work we can not assist, Our Launcher on other hand works since we have code added. 
4.  stay on main screen or settings and press volume down and you will see the sound with bell icon beside it. ( take control and turn down volume )

like or hate it, its beta, there is a reason for that, we can not just fix one little thing and give another OS to upgrade to. (( No eta for next beta launch )).

4 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

I am sure you will get upset on the answers, but here is the ugly truth..

OS 5.1 is still beta, needs alot of bug fixes which we are working slowly to make sure all fixes properly.

1. Graphics issue, ( i didn't see this personally if you do have maybe your box is 1800E first Gen, which we can not fix. 
2.  The Screen Saver you can turn off under Settings.
3. Other Launchers are not created by us, so if they add reboot that would help, but it is not our work we can not assist, Our Launcher on other hand works since we have code added. 
4.  stay on main screen or settings and press volume down and you will see the sound with bell icon beside it. ( take control and turn down volume )

like or hate it, its beta, there is a reason for that, we can not just fix one little thing and give another OS to upgrade to. (( No eta for next beta launch )).

Thanks for your response. It's appreciated. I completely understand these things have to be worked on. My post you quoted is a follow up to a post I did about a month ago which goes into more detail about the problems.

1. Three people on this forum have reported this issue. Justin recognized the problem too, saying "I know what you're talking about." I get you don't see it, but it's been recognized by three people on here and Justin.

2. The problem is not knowing how to turn off the screensaver. The problem is the screensaver goes on when watching video in kodi.

3. The reboot option was available in 4.4 on 1800e in alternate launchers, so I don't understand why it wouldn't be available in 5.1? It was a shortcut option that could be added to the home screen.

4. I'll give this a shot.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Thanks for your response. It's appreciated. I completely understand these things have to be worked on. My post you quoted is a follow up to a post I did about a month ago which goes into more detail about the problems.

1. Three people on this forum have reported this issue. Justin recognized the problem too, saying "I know what you're talking about." I get you don't see it, but it's been recognized by three people on here and Justin.

2. The problem is not knowing how to turn off the screensaver. The problem is the screensaver goes on when watching video in kodi.

3. The reboot option was available in 4.4 on 1800e in alternate launchers, so I don't understand why it wouldn't be available in 5.1? It was a shortcut option that could be added to the home screen.

4. I'll give this a shot.

Thank you for your kind respond.

1. This issue is not known till we got our hand on an ATV1800 model, which this issue showed up. but since it is only one unit hard to determine.
2. The screen saver just turns it off, and then test it to see if still falling asleep, while you are in Kodi.  If it is let us know asap.
3. honestly we are working on a launcher,  the power button and paint brush for task killer to be built in, but still no eta on the beta update. but we are working on it.

do keep us update, so we could get this beta updated and get better quick.

8 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

Thank you for your kind respond.

1. This issue is not known till we got our hand on an ATV1800 model, which this issue showed up. but since it is only one unit hard to determine.
2. The screen saver just turns it off and test it to see if still falling asleep if it is let us know asap.
3. honestly we are working on a launcher fix for the power button and paint brush for task killer built in, but still no eta on the beta update. but we are working on it.

do keep us update, so we could get this beta updated and get better quick.

1. This has been reported by three people so the problem is on a minimum of three units. Maybe more if the owners own more than one unit. Also, how do you know if your box is 'old gen?' I don't know what this is.

2. The screensaver in the android 5.1 os (called daydream), turns on when watching video content in kodi. That's why I'm reporting it. It's a problem.

3. Okay.

Edited by Frankie

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

1. This has been reported by three people so the problem is on a minimum of three units. Maybe more if the owners own more than one unit. Also, how do you know if your box is 'old gen?' I don't know what this is.

2. The screensaver in the android 5.1 os (called daydream), turns on when watching video content in kodi. That's why I'm reporting it. It's a problem.

3. Okay.

I am sorry if was not clear on that comment, I wanted to say was, we did try out here and only came across one unit that showed the same issue, and alot of people did upgrade to OS 5.1 beta, we do check forums and views on each topic, and we did not come across alot of people having this issue with 1800E/1900AC  so it is not a widespread issue with all boxes.  but we are still looking into it to see if we could fix this issue.

- the screensaver in android 5.0 always called Daydream, never changed.  but to keep it simple I replied with the word "screensaver." 
- as I mentioned before we are working on the Beta software. it is not an easy task to just turn a switch on and off, it will take some time for this to be fixed, please bare with us.