MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

What's the progress with the below issues on 1800e android 5.1? Being worked on? Not being worked on? OTA update?

1. Core issue

2. Reboot option with alternate launchers

3. Stop android screensaver from going on when watching video content in kodi

4. Turn off sound effect in android when toggling through menu

I have to root my 5.1 android software on my 1800e box because there's an app I have which won't work unless the system is rooted. If I use the IMG patch file in this thread, will it wipe my device? And how do I install it?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

What's the progress with the below issues on 1800e android 5.1? Being worked on? Not being worked on? OTA update?

1. Core issue

2. Reboot option with alternate launchers

3. Stop android screensaver from going on when watching video content in kodi

4. Turn off sound effect in android when toggling through menu

1. Hope to have it switched to on demand with next release

2. This was addressed in a previous post.  This has to be supported by the Launcher developer themselves, we cannot do anything for this as were not the developer for launchers like Nova, C-Launcher etc.

3. This issue is resolved just from setting the screensaver setting of Android to "Never".
We can play Videos from Kodi for hours and hours on our boxes at the office and cannot reproduce this issue.

4. Will try to get this added, but cannot promise.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I have to root my 5.1 android software on my 1800e box because there's an app I have which won't work unless the system is rooted. If I use the IMG patch file in this thread, will it wipe my device? And how do I install it?

This will not wipe

You can just load it from a USB drive or SD card using the "Upgrade" app that is pre installed on all boxes.

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

1. Hope to have it switched to on demand with next release

2. This was addressed in a previous post.  This has to be supported by the Launcher developer themselves, we cannot do anything for this as were not the developer for launchers like Nova, C-Launcher etc.

3. This issue is resolved just from setting the screensaver setting of Android to "Never".
We can play Videos from Kodi for hours and hours on our boxes at the office and cannot reproduce this issue.

4. Will try to get this added, but cannot promise.

Great, thanks.

The screensaver issue is when it's on (as in wanting to use the screensaver, if it's set to never then you can't use it) it shouldn't turn on when you watch video content in kodi. It should only come on when the system is inactive. Is this clear? I've brought up this issue before, but am assuming you guys aren't going to fix it.

With the reboot option it was supported on the alternate launcher in 4.4 so don't understand why it's not in 5.1. I use square home tablet. Either way I did some research and I think I can download a reboot shortcut from the app store after I update to rooted. 

Is the core update going to be ota, or through this forum?

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Will this be an ota update or flashable via usb/sdcard?

Flash USB/SD

This is my 3rd attempt.  I feel like the invisible member.
I am unable to read h.265 files in Kodi and SMPC since Lollipop / Kodi Krypton.
It works fine with MX Player.  Can I have an update on that matter from anyone, please.

(ATV 1800e)

1 hour ago, hug1ca said:

This is my 3rd attempt.  I feel like the invisible member.
I am unable to read h.265 files in Kodi and SMPC since Lollipop / Kodi Krypton.
It works fine with MX Player.  Can I have an update on that matter from anyone, please.

(ATV 1800e)

1800e does not Hardware decode H.265

That is why it doesn't work properly for you.

6 hours ago, Justin said:

1800e does not Hardware decode H.265

That is why it doesn't work properly for you.

Thank you for answering Justin.
But why was it working properly with Kodi before my upgrade to Lollipop?
And I imagine that it works fine with MX Player because of the software decoder (on the same 1800e)?

Edited by hug1ca

On 5/24/2017 at 8:04 PM, hug1ca said:

Thank you for answering Justin.
But why was it working properly with Kodi before my upgrade to Lollipop?
And I imagine that it works fine with MX Player because of the software decoder (on the same 1800e)?

KODI changed video players on Kodi 17+

Before Kodi 16 and below used our modified Video Player from AMlogic on Android 4.4 and below

Now Kodi requires everyone to use the Google Media Player codec on Android 5+ and KODI 17+

2 hours ago, Justin said:

KODI changed video players on Kodi 17+

Before Kodi 16 and below used our modified Video Player from AMlogic on Android 4.4 and below

Now Kodi requires everyone to use the Google Media Player codec on Android 5+ and KODI 17+

Thanks for the explanation Justin.
It's really appreciated. :)

When I play games on my 1800e on 5.1 they keep stuttering and lagging. This was never present when I was operating on 4.4. 

I don't understand why you can't just duplicate the core settings you had on 4.4 over to 5.1? So many things about this seem off. If you guys are worried about the hardware malfunctioning, wouldn't it be more likely to malfunction if all the stress is being put on one core instead of all of them? And what's the point of buying a more expensive box if it operates the exact same as your cheaper models? There's android boxes that sell for $60 that can perform at the same performance as this box given how the specs are limited.

I really hope you guys aren't limiting the performance of the box just to provoke people to buy a newer model. That would be bad news. Or it seems like the developers created a one size fits all 5.1 firmware file, so the cheaper models run the same as the more expensive models. This way it's less work. I don't know if this is true, but I can only speculate. It doesn't make any sense that this problem would start happening on 5.1, which wasn't existent on 4.4. I'm finding there's a lack of transparency with the mygica team too. If no one on this forum can give a strong answer to what's going on with this, why not get a developer on here to explain it fully so it's clear. It honestly makes absolutely no sense that the hardware could handle using all the cores on android 4.4 but can't on 5.1. Also this shouldn't take months to figure out.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 10:24 AM, Frankie said:

When I play games on my 1800e on 5.1 they keep stuttering and lagging. This was never present when I was operating on 4.4. 

I don't understand why you can't just duplicate the core settings you had on 4.4 over to 5.1? So many things about this seem off. If you guys are worried about the hardware malfunctioning, wouldn't it be more likely to malfunction if all the stress is being put on one core instead of all of them? And what's the point of buying a more expensive box if it operates the exact same as your cheaper models? There's android boxes that sell for $60 that can perform at the same performance as this box given how the specs are limited.

I really hope you guys aren't limiting the performance of the box just to provoke people to buy a newer model. That would be bad news. Or it seems like the developers created a one size fits all 5.1 firmware file, so the cheaper models run the same as the more expensive models. This way it's less work. I don't know if this is true, but I can only speculate. It doesn't make any sense that this problem would start happening on 5.1, which wasn't existent on 4.4. I'm finding there's a lack of transparency with the mygica team too. If no one on this forum can give a strong answer to what's going on with this, why not get a developer on here to explain it fully so it's clear. It honestly makes absolutely no sense that the hardware could handle using all the cores on android 4.4 but can't on 5.1. Also this shouldn't take months to figure out.

Good news is I have a new Beta  FW + On Demand Patch.

I am still waiting on 1 more update that will include the patch + fix IR Remote issue on KODI 17.3 when using return button/menu button and also rename the firmware

Noticeable changes

1. Updated to KODI 17.3
2. Updated Google Play Services
3. Faster Performance 
4. Fixed Mac Address changing 
5. Turned off click sounds when browsing through the Home Screen + Android Settings
6. Fixed Screensaver issue when watching a video
7. Improved video playback
8. Improved standby issues as best we could. There is not much more we can do about this issue.

You can install this IMG file using the UPGRADE APP that is pre installed on your box, and just use Local Update.
Make sure to install 20170603.img first, and then the ondemand patch 2nd.

PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX

The setting of HotPlug in the earlier version was not intentional
I apologize for the big delay on switching it to On Demand.

Antutu Benchmark tests came back at over 37.000 for this FW
+ Geekbench test cames back at Multicore over 1600
This is so far one of our best FWs to date for 5.1 on the 1800/1900AC

The good news is, this also runs on the  ATV 582/380
It lags a bit when your first boot it or reboot the box, but after a few mins it runs smoothly on the 582/380

You can install this IMG file using the UPGRADE APP that is pre installed on your box, and just use Local Update.

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img

• Like 1

i downloaded and installed using the update software  the box froze on the erasing screen so i unplugged and restarted.  the box booted normally to my exsisting home screen.

i retired the update and everything went smooth.  the box rebooted and loaded up to ,y exsisting home screen menu.  it did not reset my box.  all my apps and short cuts are there.

question is, should it have reset my box completely no ,atter what?  is there anyway to tell that it is indeed updated?  i looked in the settings menu under More Info and it looked to be the 06052017 date   

is there any other way to tell?

Great news! 

Question about the standby issue. Is it resolved? You say you did the best you could. But what does that mean exactly? 

Thanks again Justin. 

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Good news is I have a new Beta  FW + On Demand Patch.

I am still waiting on 1 more update that will include the patch + fix IR Remote issue on KODI 17.3 when using return button/menu button and also rename the firmware

Noticeable changes

1. Updated to KODI 17.3
2. Updated Google Play Services
3. Faster Performance 
4. Fixed Mac Address changing 
5. Turned off click sounds when browsing through the Home Screen + Android Settings
6. Fixed Screensaver issue when watching a video
7. Improved video playback
8. Improved standby issues as best we could. There is not much more we can do about this issue.

The setting of HotPlug in the earlier version was not intentional
I apologize for the big delay on switching it to On Demand.

Antutu Benchmark tests came back at over 37.000 for this FW
+ Geekbench test cames back at Multicore over 1600
This is so far one of our best FWs to date for 5.1 on the 1800/1900AC

The good news is, this also runs on the  ATV 582/380
It lags a bit when your first boot it or reboot the box, but after a few mins it runs smoothly on the 582/380

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_ondemand_patch_20170605.img

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20170603.img

Can I use a usb instead of SD card?

14 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Can I use a usb instead of SD card?

I believe so.. I used one and I am currently doing the update as I type, but I believe it needs to be formatted a certain way.  I cant recal what it needs to be, fat32 maybe?   would have to do aome back tracking to verify

Edited by frosty911
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, frosty911 said:

I believe so.. I used one and I am currently doing the update as I type

Did you install firmware reboot and then install ondemand patch?

I have  not done the ondemand patch yet. Just finishing the 0306.img update 

mall done both updates finished.  Now what to check lol?  Stand by issue? 

Edited by frosty911