MyGica Support

1900AC/1800E 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

My atv1800e is frozen in the lollipop screen. It was working and then it froze and it does not get out of that screen.

I have tried to reload the firmware but it gets stuck in the same screen. The lights blink but that is as far as it goes and the android bot never shows, just the lollipop screen.

I am going to try to get in via USB as I had usb debug active but I don't fancy my chances. Are any other ways to use ADB to sideload the firmware?

I think it has come to an end of its service life. I really liked it but now it is stuck in the lollipop screen and there is no way to get it out of it. If someone can help with that it will be great but otherwise I will buy a new box

On 9/10/2017 at 12:31 PM, munecito said:

Stuck there for about 6 hours after several attempts to reflash using the hold reset while connecting the cable until the led blinks.

DSC_0093.JPG

Which model # are you using?

May I know when and where you purchased it from?

8 hours ago, Justin said:

Which model # are you using?

May I know when and where you purchased it from?

It is an ATV1800E

I bought it on aliexpress from the MYGICA Official store on the 21/08/2014.

I have used it a lot, but that is not a very dignified way to go. I was hoping to keep it for my room TV which is only 1080p

Sketch2.png

On 9/14/2017 at 6:19 AM, munecito said:

It is an ATV1800E

I bought it on aliexpress from the MYGICA Official store on the 21/08/2014.

I have used it a lot, but that is not a very dignified way to go. I was hoping to keep it for my room TV which is only 1080p

Sketch2.png

I also have a 1800 model from 2014 which I was able to install 5.1 onto without issues.

You can also try and use the Amlogic burning tool with a ADB Serial to USB cable
If you are familiar with this though, as it is for more advanced users.

On 20/09/2017 at 7:39 PM, Justin said:

I also have a 1800 model from 2014 which I was able to install 5.1 onto without issues.

You can also try and use the Amlogic burning tool with a ADB Serial to USB cable
If you are familiar with this though, as it is for more advanced users.

Justin.

I don't think you read my problem. I did not try to update the box as I had been running lollipop for a long while. The box froze during playback and then got stuck on boot at the lollipop screen. 

I am quite capable with ADB but I don't really think this it is worthwhile anymore to buy a serial cable and try to reload The firmware.

Back when I bought this box it was quite good but the hardware supports less and less features every time there is a Kodi update.

Thanks for your suggestions but I'm moving on to a newer box. 

Regards.  

On 24/11/2016 at 5:56 AM, MyGica Support said:

Here is Manual Update File for ATV 1900AC and 1800E  for Android 5.1

**This is the official release and no longer in Beta**

We have been testing this all week and last weekend. Please leave comments and feedback below. This should solve lots of issues you guys have been having.

To use the updater app, just download the  .img file and load it onto a usb or SD card.

**ALSO IF USING THE UPGRADE APP, MAKE SURE TO PRESS THE 3 LINED CONTEXT MENU BUTTON ON THE REMOTE CONTROL 10+ TIMES. THE FILE WILL APPEAR AFTER DOING THIS**

To do a full manual install or to fix problematic boxes, use the zip folder.

You must extract the all the Files from the Zip Folder.

You can load it onto the box using Micro SD. Hold down the reset button once the SD card is installed and plug in the power cord. Continue holding down the reset button until you see the front lights flash between green and red. From this point just leave it for about 10 minutes.

**THIS WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR BOX**

***CHANGES***

1.  voice search re-enabled. (You must install Google Now from the Playstore and enable it within Android settings under Language and Input settings menu)
2. power on/off issue fixed 
3. Memory Clean and Power Icons added to launcher
4. KODI 16.1 pre installed
5. You tube app updated

6.  Pre-Installed Facebook and Netflix apps need to be updated after logging into the Play Store
7.  Updated to latest Google Play Services now with Google Smart Lock
8. Home Screen Menu/Launcher now supports 24H and 12H Time

1900_factory_restore.rar

update_Mygica_ATV1900AC_5.1_NoNetflixHD_20161121.img

There is 2 files update.. Which one I have to upgrade first? My box from beta android 5.1 version before. 

On 9/24/2017 at 1:04 AM, Axios said:

There is 2 files update.. Which one I have to upgrade first? My box from beta android 5.1 version before. 

We have a new one that does not require 2 files

You can find it here

I have locked this thread

You can find the updated Firmware which fixes a lot of the issues listed in this thread by going here

Thanks

Justin