Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ron

AC1900 no Netflix HD

Justin:

After waiting and waiting and waiting for a year and still get no Netflix HD for this  $200 box.    Can you do something to resolve the Netflix HD?    

Ron

3 hours ago, ron said:

Justin:

After waiting and waiting and waiting for a year and still get no Netflix HD for this  $200 box.    Can you do something to resolve the Netflix HD?    

Ron

Ron,

Netflix HD was never promised for this box. HD requires licensing burned into the hardware during manufacturing.

We truly wish there was way to do this.

Justin:

I found this 1900ac box thru Mygica's website and it advertised as a HD box and pre-insatlled with Netflix.   

There is no  warning for consumer that this box is not supported Netflix HD .   

Aside from the Netflix HD issue ,  we been  trying all these beta firmwares since I brought this box last November and never able to to enjoy your product.

Justin, if there any Mygica box can support Netflix HD  and you can do something?

Ron

Ron,

I am sorry that you feel this way about the system. It is generally common knowledge that only a couple of android systems out there have HD netflix. This is not any fault of ours as we have been trying for years to acquire HD netflix. 

Obviously as we are now rolling out HD netflix, we knew it would outline to some that the previous versions didn't have true HD. I apologize if this wasn't known to you.

"  It is generally common knowledge that only a couple of android systems out there have HD netflix.

I am shock on your reply.   This is a very irresponsible statement.

On your website Mygica ATV1900AC   advertised as a HD box and pre-installed with Netflix.    "  , without  any  warning  or clearly stated that  "This product is NO Netflix HD supported"  .

What will an  ordinary consumer when read "HD box and pre-insatlled with Netflix."   will interpret as Netflix HD .

Ron,

I can assure you that this was not intended to be malicious. Most devices on the market advertise the quality of their devices definition but do not have  HD Netflix and I am sure they too are not intending to trick people. 

"...  advertised as a HD box and pre-installed with Netflix "

Correct. Our older model boxes provide HD content for almost anything you do on it, except Netflix. The list for compatible devices for HD on Netflix has been very short in contrast to what is out there in the market. 

Even apple went nearly 4 years without HD Netflix on their "Retina Display". 

As a consumer and a huge geek myself I understand how easy it is to assume the worst about a corporations tactic to get you to buy something.  I apologize that you feel that we have intentionally marketed our hardware to mislead customers.  We pride ourselves in providing a proper service to consumers, engage with the community, offer domestic warranties and have someone answer questions and concerns through a number of platforms from forums to telephone support.

Below, is an article that talks about this issue and shares the frustration  surrounding the lack of actual HD netflix on tons of devices. Even Chrome and Firefox in Windows doesn't display 1080p.

It seems that more and more we have to  run a fine tooth comb through the details of understanding technological changes and limitations. I am sure you can understand why a company wouldn't put in big writing "We do not have netflix HD". Expressing a devices limitations is not a normal marketing strategy. 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/why-android-and-other-devices-cant-stream-hd-netflix/

I hope this helps to settle the frustration, or at least direct it away from us even just a little.  We try our very best to provide support for our boxes as long as we can. We released an update to our original flagship 1200 model last year, several years after release even though we had stopped selling them some time before that. 

If you are wondering why the firmware says "NO NETFLIX HD" is because this firmware works on boxes that now have HD netflix, and we need to make sure that we easily clarify which is which regarding firmware.