Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyGica Support

1900AC 5.1 Firmware November 23 2016

It never has woken up properly from standby, and it never displayed ``ATV1900 Pro'' as Model in About, but started out thinking it was an ATV495 Pro16GB --- customer service pointed me finally to an image with ATV1900Pro in its name, and after I finally got that installed using the ``update app'' (holding reset button never worked), it thinks it is an ATV S905, and quite a few apps including the MyGica store are missing.

Is the ATV1900 Pro closer to the ATV1900 AC or to the ATV495 Pro16GB?

We are working on the stand-by issue. It seems related to the background app refresh being paused.

30 minutes ago, user37 said:

It never has woken up properly from standby, and it never displayed ``ATV1900 Pro'' as Model in About, but started out thinking it was an ATV495 Pro16GB --- customer service pointed me finally to an image with ATV1900Pro in its name, and after I finally got that installed using the ``update app'' (holding reset button never worked), it thinks it is an ATV S905, and quite a few apps including the MyGica store are missing.

Is the ATV1900 Pro closer to the ATV1900 AC or to the ATV495 Pro16GB?

The firmware doesnt work! Well not on my box at least. Whats even more worrying is when i read peoples posts the problems with these devices are vast but the fixes and product support lacking. I am a true tech tard and honestly, a phone is a phone and a "tv box" is a tv box.........if i knew i was buying a telephone, i might have thought it through a little better. But, i must admit, when it works properly and a mean WHEN, it is an awesome device.

I have an 1800E and can tell you that the firmware does work, if you do it right. What box do you have and how did you upgrade it?

Where is the firmware update ie. Android 4.4 KitKat to Marshmallow 6.0 and up?

Please don't leave us folks behind.  We bought MyGika ATV600 late October 2016 and as we all should know, KitKat is old, having come out in October 2013.

What are we getting old shit from the store shelf or what?

16 hours ago, illiminette said:

Where is the firmware update ie. Android 4.4 KitKat to Marshmallow 6.0 and up?

Please don't leave us folks behind.  We bought MyGika ATV600 late October 2016 and as we all should know, KitKat is old, having come out in October 2013.

What are we getting old shit from the store shelf or what?

We rely on our chipset vendor for updates to newer versions of the Android OS.

The 585 uses the S805 chipset from AMLogic, and they have not provided us a stable version of Android 5.1 yet, and we are not sure when they will either.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:23 PM, user37 said:

Should this work also on the ATV1900 Pro?

No this will not work on 1900 PRO as that model uses a different chipset.

For everyone having the black screen out of Standby mode from any of our Android 5.1 FW for 1800/1900 and 1900P/495P

We will have a software fix for this very soon.

6 hours ago, glchud said:

Thanks Justin. I do have faith in your group as you have come through before. People just need to have a little patience.

Thanks for your comment.

I will continue to update everyone on this

Hello, Justin.

I m installed last firmware from 25 nov 2016 to my ATV1800E.  One of problem is cannot install app. Google (from PlayMarket). I m cleare chach in Google Play Service, Deleted updating, but Google connot install. Duaring installation appear message about eroor cod. 505. 

Now not working Google Now , Google Search, voice search and command for example "OK Google" not working..

How i can install app. Google ? I think that need update firmware or need patch.

After different test i m made ROOT and SuperSU. But without of your patch. Root made via install  Kingroort 4.8 and then install Super Sume. 

On 1/17/2017 at 0:24 AM, vorobjovhome said:

Hello, Justin.

I m installed last firmware from 25 nov 2016 to my ATV1800E.  One of problem is cannot install app. Google (from PlayMarket). I m cleare chach in Google Play Service, Deleted updating, but Google connot install. Duaring installation appear message about eroor cod. 505. 

Now not working Google Now , Google Search, voice search and command for example "OK Google" not working..

How i can install app. Google ? I think that need update firmware or need patch.

After different test i m made ROOT and SuperSU. But without of your patch. Root made via install  Kingroort 4.8 and then install Super Sume. 

Sorry I just want to confirm

You tried installing the APP "Google Now" and it wont work?

Когда им установлен Google Now, message появляются об ошибке 505. Это невозможно установить приложение.

17 hours ago, vorobjovhome said:

When they installed Google Now, message receive error 505. It is impossible to install the application.

Are you able to install other apps from the Playstore?

So I finally decided to install  firmware from 25 nov 2016 to my ATV1800E. At first manual upgrade seemed to work well ,as I reset the box with a toothpick and got the screen in recovery mode. Factory reset with data erasure initiated.  However after running for awhile I couldn't select the option to update from SD card. I tried resetting again but this time it did not work. After several attempts I tried just to see what I had by restarting the box normally. Well it was a blank screen for at least 5 minutes but finally came back up but android was still at ver 4.4 . 

I then noticed a software updates option in settings so I selected that from the menu and it then started to update the firmware from my SD card. After awhile I noticed it was stuck on 3/8 tasks to complete. At that point I disconnected the power and reboot the box. Fortunately the firmware did update to ver 5.1 and main screen options seemed fine but some apps were missing. That's not a big deal and got updates from play store. 

Unfortunately, I had backed up kodi ver 16 using sub-sdcard wizard and when I tried to restore it failed half way. In the end I went from scratch and decided to install kodi ver 17 krypton seems much more stable and quicker.

The whole process did take awhile and perhaps others had a more seemless experience.  All I can say is you need a lot of patience and then try things out of the box when the instructions fail you.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:24 PM, MyGica Support said:

We are working on the stand-by issue. It seems related to the background app refresh being paused.

Hi 

Is stand by issue been resolved? It s been so long i didn't hear from Mygica Support about this.

hello everyone ,i have a 1800e mygica and i installed the 5.1 file ,everything went well,the only problem i am having is that everytime i shut down the box and i go back and restarted it the arrow on the the remote jumps all over the screen and never stops on any addons,i have to rebooth the box everytime.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:35 PM, Edward Clarke said:

hello everyone ,i have a 1800e mygica and i installed the 5.1 file ,everything went well,the only problem i am having is that everytime i shut down the box and i go back and restarted it the arrow on the the remote jumps all over the screen and never stops on any addons,i have to rebooth the box everytime.

We are aware of the standby issues

For now we would suggest just always leaving the box on, this will avoid all the issues you are having