Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jhardy

Studdering and quitting

My 1800E now has Lollipop on it. Was hoping it would cure the problem but it hasn't!   when watching a program it studders  for 2 or 3 seconds continuously which is extremely frustrating.  Then after an undetermined amount of time it quits and goes back to the previous menu??  In a half hour program yesterday I had to restart the program 3 times!

It's almost like it runs out of memory and then quits?  I have no idea why it is doing that or what is causing the studdering and sometimes it gets out of audio video sync by as much as 30 seconds? 

any thoughts?? 

When I first got my 1800e a couple months ago I had a slight studder every 10 seconds or so of video playback using Kodi.   I had the complete system freeze but I soon realized that standby mode using the remote's power button was causing it. I mostly just leave the box running 24/7 now,  unplugging if I need a reboot, and that hasn't happened since.  As for the studder, yes clearing cache is good.   I installed zero cache (I hear is risky so it's at my own risk) and that cleared it up.  Your internet speed and the source you're streaming from, if slow,  could cause massive studdering. 

Every time you get out of Kodi (as in "quit and go back to android") you clear the cache. Don't forget, these boxes only have a default cache of 20-30 meg (not the full ram like 0cache does) so you would only be saving 30 meg max. 

You're also running (streaming) a file within an Addon that's running within Kodi that's running on a platform (Android). With that kind of bloatware 2 gig of ram is s**t.

Mine does that too, until I figured out that the MyGica boxes don't do HD very well. try the same stuttering Video on youtube or Kodi and turn the resolution down to SD and see what happens.

I have the 1800e with the 4k sticker on it, and it can't actually do 4k, mine stutters on 1080P Video (from an SD card even)

We have tested this box for months on 4K before we created the model 1800E if you having issue please create an RMA ticket and let our technical dept take care of your box. with respect to there warranty period.