Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian oakes

Box won't boot up

I am having an issue with my box that I just bought. Atv1800e with the android ver 4.4.2. For it to boot up I need to pull the power cord on the back which will load to my Gica home screen but as soon as I power off and the box light goes from green to red - the next time I try to hit power button on front of box or on remote it will turn to green but I get no picture or home screen. I did upgrade my kodi from 16 to 16.1 but not sure if that would have caused the problem. Any help would be appreciated

Sounds like one of those prevalent "HDMI blackout issue" problems known to haunt the 582/380/1800 group of boxes. Basically, certain boxes coupled with certain tv's don't talk when turned back on. Thus the "don't see any video" issue. If you unplug/plug in the HDMI what happens?

I have the same problem. Home screen shows up for a bit then the screen just goes black. Green light on front is green but screen is black. Try factory reset but to no avail. The remote will not turn on box but will work for everything else as long as its on. Only way to turn on the box is by unplugging and plugging back in. Can't seem to keep screen on long enough to do anything. When I do get to the factory reset screen it will not lock on to anything as it jumping all over the page and not letting me scroll to any of the functions on the page. Help would be appreciated.  

Same problem, the useless box doesn't know how to wake itself up, most likely the HDMI handshake is not initiating or something. This is happening on all 3 of my panasonic panels from 3 different generations.

I've search every where on this forum its known as "HDMI blackout" if you search that you will see this problem has been known for a while; supposedly fixed lol 

In another post I read, Justin one of the mods was suggesting to the devs to add a power off button....I don't understand why when you power off the unit it doesn't shut it down, instead it puts it into a standby mode. Since these units come rooted I have tried downloading shutdown apps, but they do not work, there is something preventing a software shutdown (probably because the remote is incapable of remotely power on the unit?) Even when holding the power button the only options are standby or restart.

I'm tempted to update to 5.1 firmware but that is looking like a disaster too. If you look further down at Link141 post in the 1800e discussion forum,  he says support tells him he is SOL so they have essentially deemed this un-fixable. I am personally thinking of wiring in a push button switch to power cycle the unit, in the mean time I've decided to keep the unit on and not putting it into standby, but that is also causing problems like the remote stops working.  I would return this POS in a heartbeat if not for a 10% restocking fee, actually I still might....but the question is what kind of other problems will I be getting from another crappy product.