Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

User007

Android 5+

Hello Justin,

Is there any news if The developers will be releasing an update that works on the 582 for Android 5 or later any time soon.  

thanks 

Hello,

Unfortunately, the 582 has been struggling with newer firmware mainly due to the 1gb of ram. We are trying to optimize the firmware to work, but do not have any timeline or guarantee at this moment.

Has the 5.1 upgrade for 380's been abandoned? I find it interesting that the problem seems to be related to the 1gb of ram when the 395 has 1 GB and is sold with 5.1 preinstalled

this must have been shipped with the same 5.1 that we have experienced issues with. The decision to bring this box in with 5.1 on 1gb of ram was not up to us. A private company brought in some from China. I haven't actually tested one before.

This being said, you can try installing the 5.1 for 1800, and give feedback on its performance.

Any plans for anything greater than kit kat on the 582? The newest Kodi just came out, but only for devices 5.x or later.

Could spell the end for the 582 if add ons stop supporting the older versions.

1 hour ago, jpmccarthy said:

Any plans for anything greater than kit kat on the 582? The newest Kodi just came out, but only for devices 5.x or later.

Could spell the end for the 582 if add ons stop supporting the older versions.

We have been trying, but has been very tough to optimize Android 5.1 onto 1GB of Ram.

The 582 is almost 3 years old now since its release, so it becomes harder to support older devices over time.

Hi, I think a simple yes or no would be great, I have 2 MyGica 582 units, and kodi 17 is not compatible, stating it's 3 years old and has 1gb is info we know, call it point blank that it would not come out, then we can change h/w or make a commitment to 5 so we at least know what to expect?

I've been using 5.1 on my 380 (same as 582) and it's generally been ok. 4.4 was sluggish anyway so I don't notice any difference. I haven't tried Kodi 17 yet though. I'll post something when I do.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:58 AM, osadrian said:

Hi, I think a simple yes or no would be great, I have 2 MyGica 582 units, and kodi 17 is not compatible, stating it's 3 years old and has 1gb is info we know, call it point blank that it would not come out, then we can change h/w or make a commitment to 5 so we at least know what to expect?

Right now we are only trying to make it work.

We are only capable of working with what Amlogic has provided us, we cannot just create an AOSP of Android on our own.

I will continue to update once I have more information

On 2/17/2017 at 1:26 PM, garenic said:

I updated to Kodi 17 and it's running quite well

What model # of MyGica are you using?

10 hours ago, jpmccarthy said:

Above he says he's running it on the 380 with 5.1 installed - not sure which firmware, assuming last beta maybe?

He must be running this version

Yes. And I ran the Root patch as well. I do find Kodi will crash after a while when playing music though. Not sure if that's the root patch that's causing it. Passthrough on some audio types not good but I did realize that would be a limitation.

On 2/25/2017 at 6:55 AM, garenic said:

Yes. And I ran the Root patch as well. I do find Kodi will crash after a while when playing music though. Not sure if that's the root patch that's causing it. Passthrough on some audio types not good but I did realize that would be a limitation.

I read some issues Kodi 17 was having with Music

Have you tried 17.1, I think they addressed it in this version

On 2017/02/14 at 8:25 PM, Justin said:

Right now we are only trying to make it work.

We are only capable of working with what Amlogic has provided us, we cannot just create an AOSP of Android on our own.

I will continue to update once I have more information

Hi Justin, any progress update or feedback....?

On 3/27/2017 at 9:32 AM, osadrian said:

Hi Justin, any progress update or feedback....?

For now we have released our fork of KODI 17 to work on the 582/380 

Can be found here