Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksmitty

Miracast

So as posted recently in the 5.1 feedback thread, I was hoping to be able to cast (mirror) the 1900 to my Chromecast dongle so that I can watch tv in another room without moving the box. Currently this doesn't work with this Android build and I don't expect it will be made possible anytime soon so as an alternative I am curious if an EZCast dongle would work with the built in Miracast feature that is installed as part of the MyGica OS build. I see this product widely available hxxps://www.wintroniccomputers.com/1380-12216/hdmi-switch/eagle-star-pro/powercast-hdmi-wireless-1080p-streaming-dongle but wasn't sure if it actually works with the 1900. Has anyone had any experience with this? Justin, do you have any of these in the store that you can give it a quick test to let us know if it works or not?

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.

Thank you for the reply, this is great news. Fwiw I did try the EZCast dongle I noted above and it didnt work at all. If there is development underway,  I would think that an interface with Chromecast would be the preferred option. I'm not sure if Mirracast is the bridge to amke this work? Googlecast is already a base component of most any android device so I'm not sure what the gap is to make that work on the 1900...you wouldn't think its that big of a stretch, but im no techy....

On 1/25/2017 at 8:31 PM, ksmitty said:

Thank you for the reply, this is great news. Fwiw I did try the EZCast dongle I noted above and it didnt work at all. If there is development underway,  I would think that an interface with Chromecast would be the preferred option. I'm not sure if Mirracast is the bridge to amke this work? Googlecast is already a base component of most any android device so I'm not sure what the gap is to make that work on the 1900...you wouldn't think its that big of a stretch, but im no techy....

We cannot cast the box to Chromecast

There is 100s of hours of coding involved to make this work without any guarantees.
You also have the problem that whenever Chromecast comes out with an update, you risk not being able to support it.

Ok, thanks Justin, I can appreciate the investment of time it would take. I was thinking it was a base Android OS feature that wasnt hardware structure dependent. I'll keep testing other options and report any progress here. Keep up the great work!