Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob74

Bricked after OTA update

My mygica ATV582 HAS been workingredients great until today.  When we went you use it today, there was a message that said it had done an upgrade and needed to be restarted.  it proceeded to restart, went to the kit Kat logo, the the green android guy logo with a progress bar that went all the way to the end,  and then a black screen.  I left it all day, but can't get it to do anything.  any suggestions ? 

Hi Rob,

I am sorry to hear this problem. Hopefully we can get this fixed without the need to send it to us for fixing.

First, when and where did you purchase the device?

what lights are on the front when powered on?

If the lights are not just a red light, you can try loading the files.

Let me know about my questions and we will get this figured out one way or another.

I just have one blue light on.  I purchased it at Canada Computers in Kanata, Ontario on October 10, 2015 and is has been working pretty good until that update.  now it does nothing,  my TV doesn't even recognize that there is a device connected.

16 minutes ago, Rob74 said:

I just have one blue light on.  I purchased it at Canada Computers in Kanata, Ontario on October 10, 2015 and is has been working pretty good until that update.  now it does nothing,  my TV doesn't even recognize that there is a device connected.

I will look into this. Rob, I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Can you tell me, what happened during the process of updating? Try to give lots of details. The more the better for me looking into the solution.

Thanks

There was a message that said it had done an upgrade and needed to be restarted. The message said restart required,  and that it would be upgraded to an uprooted system and any apps that were installed that were rooted would no longer work, and had an ok button.  I clicked ok,  it proceeded to restart, went to the kit Kat logo, the the green android guy logo with a progress bar that went all the way to the end,  and then a black screen.

Typical of the support on this site. There is none. Now wait they will come back with another question and be gone for days again and come back again with no answers.

21 hours ago, Rob74 said:

Seeing as they haven't responded since last Thursday, I'm guessing theyes have no suggestion.  Sad!

On 12/12/2016 at 3:22 PM, Cornflake said:

I have the exact same problem.  Initially it rebooted and just showed the KiKat screen but now just blue light and no hdmi output at all.

Sorry guys, we have been all hands on deck this close to christmas.

As you guys may know by now, that update caused a loop in the update process.

While I understand this is a pain in the butt, lets get this taken care of. Can you each PM me the serial number of your box, and the location and approximate date you purchased the device? I will figure out what to do here.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:25 AM, komodoo said:

same problem here but no lights !! 

this update was turned off a month ago. 

Did you recently update your box and now there are no lights?

If this has just seemingly happened on its own, there may be a hardware issue. The fact that there are no lights tells me this is seperate from this topic. 

Please head over to mygica.tv/help and start an rma/warranty claim.

If your box is out of warranty, there may be service charges, which are low.