Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frosty911

1800E power on from standby black screen

Can anyone assist me in figuring out my problem?

after doing the firmware update I have to reboot the device each time to get to the home screen.  

If I press the power button and choose "Standby" the unit turns off.  Now when I turn the unit on using either the remote or the power button on the box, the unit appears to power on (the red light turns to green) but the screen on the tv stays black.  

This causes me to unplug the unit and plug it back in to do a reboot.  Once I do that it works just fine.  

Its not going over very well with the wife and kids......  

any help or suggestions woukd be appreciated

thanks 

Try to set the box manually to your TV resolution in the display options in Settings.

For example :    More Settings->Display->Screen resolution-> 1080p-60hz (or whatever you want)

if that doesn't work maybe a setting on the TV? A lot of TVs I've seen have a feature to turn on a device through HDMI when the input is changed. Maybe that could be the problem there

also, make sure you  have a good HDMI cable. I DO NOT mean an expensive one....a Good HDMI cable could be a $5 Cable you got from walmart, but maybe HDMI1.3 or something, just as long as it looks like it's made well.

Okay I will give the resolution settings a double check.  It worked fine before the firmware update so it has me leaning towards that being the problem.  I've been using the same hdmi cable since day one so I think it's safe to rule that out.  I'll also check to see if there is a setting in the tv but I don't ever remember seeing anything.  

And on a side note, when I turn the box on it actually "wakes" the tv because the screen saver on the tv disappears but still only a black screen.  

And I am unable to power the box off via the remote or power button on the front of the box.   Forcing me to unplug the power cord. 

2 hours ago, frosty911 said:

IMG_1558.JPG

This with the 5.1 update? I had this with that update, all I recall doing was a proper reboot and also unplugged the USB dongle and plugged it back in. Don't know if I used a different port or not as I just reached in the cabinet and did it. Hopefully that helps, as I've tested the standby from menu and remote and it's good now.

ok aybe there was something with the boot process and that USB dongle.

I would have suggested to go back to Android 4.X.  Honestly 5.1 for these crappy boxes makes NO difference that I've seen

17 hours ago, PhoenixIce said:

This with the 5.1 update? I had this with that update, all I recall doing was a proper reboot and also unplugged the USB dongle and plugged it back in. Don't know if I used a different port or not as I just reached in the cabinet and did it. Hopefully that helps, as I've tested the standby from menu and remote and it's good now.

Just wanted to ask about "proper reboot"? You talking about a reset using the toothpick method or just simply pressing "reboot" when the power button is selected?

thanks 

17 hours ago, googi said:

ok aybe there was something with the boot process and that USB dongle.

I would have suggested to go back to Android 4.X.  Honestly 5.1 for these crappy boxes makes NO difference that I've seen

I would have never updated if it wasn't for a specific app that will shortly be requiring android 5.0 or better.  (Cough kodi) 

I have this problem with my Samsung TV only. The 1800E hooked to an LG works just fine and yes I have the 5.1 upgrade installed on both of my boxes.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:37 PM, frosty911 said:

Just wanted to ask about "proper reboot"? You talking about a reset using the toothpick method or just simply pressing "reboot" when the power button is selected?

thanks 

Just reboot from the menu.

okay, rebooting does not fix the issue... I did a reset and started all over again and that does not fix the issue either...  I hate having to unplug the box every time I need to turn it on.  the form is crawling with people complaining about the same issue.  I have an LG tv.....

Just want to confirm this by everyone having this issue of black screen after coming out of standby

You are all using the newest Android 5.1 Firmware update??

29 minutes ago, Justin said:

Just want to confirm this by everyone having this issue of black screen after coming out of standby

Justin I can't speak everyone that they are  on 5.1 firmware but I can guarantee that I am and I can also guarantee that the box worked perfectly before the firmware update which was 4.4.    After the update, the problem started.  

So far this problem is the only problem I've encountered after updating the firmware.  

Thanks for inquiring 😃

Scrolling up a the list of replies, it looks as though most are. 

Both TV's are Samsung and no choice to try on another as it sounds like  a lot of others are having problems on Samsung.

5.1 being used here.....

**** UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE*****

SEVERAL USERS HAVE REPORTED THIS ISSUE. WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS AND IT SHOULDNT BE LONG. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing in the meantime. We will be back soon with a patch.

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

**** UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE*****

SEVERAL USERS HAVE REPORTED THIS ISSUE. WE ARE LOOKING INTO THIS AND IT SHOULDNT BE LONG. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing in the meantime. We will be back soon with a patch.

Awesome news.   Fantastic news!!!  On a side note which I don't believe I mentioned earlier.  After turning the unit on and getting the blank screen, I am also unable to power down the box by pressing the power button on remote.  Not sure if that info helps in  diagnosing he issue. 

Cheers

brad 

14 minutes ago, frosty911 said:

Awesome news.   Fantastic news!!!  On a side note which I don't believe I mentioned earlier.  After turning the unit on and getting the blank screen, I am also unable to power down the box by pressing the power button on remote.  Not sure if that info helps in  diagnosing he issue. 

Cheers

brad 

More info is always better, Brad. Thanks!

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎12 at 10:43 AM, Justin said:

Justin this was happening to me even before the update to 5.1 so that is not the problem. I have also changed HDMI cords but nothing helps. I just upplug the box, plug back in and all works well until the next time.

On 12/16/2016 at 3:49 PM, glchud said:

Justin this was happening to me even before the update to 5.1 so that is not the problem. I have also changed HDMI cords but nothing helps. I just upplug the box, plug back in and all works well until the next time.

For me this strictly started after the firmware update.  

Just curious if the mygica team has been able to reproduce the problem or have any indication as to what the issue is or might be.   I've had to train my kids on what's involved for them to power the unit on/off.  

Cheers. 

On 12/12/2016 at 11:43 AM, Justin said:

Yes, It also happened to mine after It upgraded to newest 5.1

Hello, 5.1 works perfectly in 1800E. But I have the same black screen problem when I open the box.

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Catalonia (Spain)

1 hour ago, jsune08 said:

Hello, 5.1 works perfectly in 1800E. But I have the same black screen problem when I open the box.

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Catalonia (Spain)

Well then I wouldn't say it works perfectly....