Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frosty911

1800E power on from standby black screen

7 minutes ago, meagain said:

They are still working on it but have got some replies this time.

Thanks for replying did u get an estimated time 

Hi,

here is the exact issue.  I know many people with this model, 1800 and I love it and tell everyone to buy it until now...

Canada computers on Kennedy Rd in Scarborough must have got a bad batch.  Returned the first one to have the same problem with the next.  Even updated the first one to lollipop same problem.  This problem happened right of the box.

The issue has to due 100% with the usb dongle boot process after going in stand by.  This box has come with three different remotes over time.  Image 1, Image 2, and Image 3.

Image one, is the most recent remote.  Plug in the dongle and the box will never turn back on unless you unplug it.

Image two, the small remote with the keyboard...  Plug the dongle in and the box will turn on and display on the tv but there is a delay and the remote works wacky.

Image three, with no dongle inserted, no problems at all.  turns on and off like a champ.

Please fix the remote issue asap, by the end of the week.  I encourage people to buy this box and products from you.  If there is no fix soon, I will encourage them to buy other androids.  This has gone on too long.

Thanks, and if you knew this was the issue, you should have explained it to all of us.  Please respond.  Thanks :)

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 3.jpeg

On 2016-12-19 at 0:53 PM, meagain said:

Well then I wouldn't say it works perfectly....

Hey Mygica we have been waiting patiently and politely for a fix and an answer. I realized that you guys don't care about your coustmer satisfaction which is really sad, I really do advice everyone out there is not to make the same mistake as I did and buy this box as there is a lot of boxes out there with reputable sellers and amazing team to keep your box updated. It was really nice testing this box as for me my family n friends will be moving forward with a new box. Enjoy everyone 

13 hours ago, Ricco said:

Hey Mygica we have been waiting patiently and politely for a fix and an answer. I realized that you guys don't care about your coustmer satisfaction which is really sad, I really do advice everyone out there is not to make the same mistake as I did and buy this box as there is a lot of boxes out there with reputable sellers and amazing team to keep your box updated. It was really nice testing this box as for me my family n friends will be moving forward with a new box. Enjoy everyone 

I'm not sure why you say that you know we don't care, when we have a forum and answer questions and concerns. 

This issue has proved more difficult to figure out. I can't go into detail about how many resources  are being given to this matter, but I can assure you that we are working on this. 

We understand how frustrating this might be and we will not let this go on any longer than we have to. 

I also understand the mentality of switching brands when an issue arises. 

All we can do is hope that you hang in there while we accomplish this task. 

14 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

I'm not sure why you say that you know we don't care, when we have a forum and answer questions and concerns. 

This issue has proved more difficult to figure out. I can't go into detail about how many resources  are being given to this matter, but I can assure you that we are working on this. 

We understand how frustrating this might be and we will not let this go on any longer than we have to. 

I also understand the mentality of switching brands when an issue arises. 

All we can do is hope that you hang in there while we accomplish this task. 

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my concerens it is really nice of you, but honestly you guys could do way better than just answering and writing a couple of paragraphs. I will tell you why I don't think you guys really care about your coustmer, first of all you have brand new boxes going out with the same issue secondly you keep giving us dates about the fix and no solution third in my opinion you guys should of took the time to come up an adroid realese that would actually work or not to update at all and finally if you do care you should issue a statement to all your sellers that if any coustmer has this issue should get a replacement. I apologize in advance if I sounded or rude or not nice 

Hi Everyone,

I have received a fix for the black screen issue on the 1900pro. I am testing it all day today. If it works and I give final approval, it will be released as an ota update tomorrow. As for the 1800e having this issue, it will also be made into an 1800e patch in the next few days.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Edit: initial testing seems to be working well!

On 1/18/2017 at 11:59 AM, Ricco said:

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my concerens it is really nice of you, but honestly you guys could do way better than just answering and writing a couple of paragraphs. I will tell you why I don't think you guys really care about your coustmer, first of all you have brand new boxes going out with the same issue secondly you keep giving us dates about the fix and no solution third in my opinion you guys should of took the time to come up an adroid realese that would actually work or not to update at all and finally if you do care you should issue a statement to all your sellers that if any coustmer has this issue should get a replacement. I apologize in advance if I sounded or rude or not nice 

On 1/17/2017 at 10:52 PM, Ricco said:

My advice is return it while you can as there won't be a fix. 

I would normally put this in the Downloads section, but felt the need to post it here as well

I got this from our guys this morning

We have been trying this here all day with 100% success so far.

You can install this using an SD card or USB drive through the Upgrade app.

Fixes the power back on issue everyone has been having

We will send out an OTA update for this ASAP

---------------------------------------------

I take offence to you saying we do not care about our customers.
Our customers is our #1 Priority, as you can see from me almost having 6000 posts on my own.
Leaving you guys in the dark about all of this and not keeping everyone updated would have been bad customer service, but that did not happen here.

Informing our sellers to give out replacement units was not necessary for this, as this was a software issue and not a hardware issue. So the problem would just keep happening 1 unit after another until the software fix I attached to this post was released.

I apologize for the delay in getting this fix, but this was our engineers #1 priority as not only was MyGica devices affected but other OEM boxes as well.
I never gave an exact date, as I did not have one to give, I could only give updates whenever I received them.

i was curious, when i go to locally update using the image file it does not show up to select.  would i go about installing this update the same way as i did the 'root patch' update?  thanks im eager to try

36 minutes ago, frosty911 said:

i was curious, when i go to locally update using the image file it does not show up to select.  would i go about installing this update the same way as i did the 'root patch' update?  thanks im eager to try

If it doesn't appear

Then press the 3 lined menu button on the remote 10+ times when in the local update screen and the file will appear.

51 minutes ago, Justin said:

If it doesn't appear

Then press the 3 lined menu button on the remote 10+ times when in the local update screen and the file will appear.

hhmmmm i did try it and the file doesnt show up.  i did notice that other files i have appear in blue in my file explorer.   the black screen.img file appears grey in color.  i can wait for the OTA to come around.  no worries  

6 hours ago, Justin said:

I would normally put this in the Downloads section, but felt the need to post it here as well

I got this from our guys this morning

We have been trying this here all day with 100% success so far.

You can install this using an SD card or USB drive through the Upgrade app.

Fixes the power back on issue everyone has been having

We will send out an OTA update for this ASAP

---------------------------------------------

I take offence to you saying we do not care about our customers.
Our customers is our #1 Priority, as you can see from me almost having 6000 posts on my own.
Leaving you guys in the dark about all of this and not keeping everyone updated would have been bad customer service, but that did not happen here.

Informing our sellers to give out replacement units was not necessary for this, as this was a software issue and not a hardware issue. So the problem would just keep happening 1 unit after another until the software fix I attached to this post was released.

I apologize for the delay in getting this fix, but this was our engineers #1 priority as not only was MyGica devices affected but other OEM boxes as well.
I never gave an exact date, as I did not have one to give, I could only give updates whenever I received them.

update_s905_ddr_crash_20170118.img

Hey Justin am not going to quote how many times you lied about the fix or a solution telling coustomers that it's going to be out , second of all I have been on this website for  a while just browsing and your the reason I signed up. From day one you guys put android releases that killed coustmers boxes fried them and you can only say to coustomers to be patient what you got a fix for a box that just came 1900pro lol you are very sad it's a brand new box how could it have flaws. Mygica support said this fix for the 1900pro a fix will follow up for the 1800e 

Thank you for your work Justin.I'ts great this Support.

No other company offers this collaboration.

It was worth the wait.

Regards from Catalonia (Spain) and sorry for my English .

13 hours ago, Ricco said:

Hey Justin am not going to quote how many times you lied about the fix or a solution telling coustomers that it's going to be out , second of all I have been on this website for  a while just browsing and your the reason I signed up. From day one you guys put android releases that killed coustmers boxes fried them and you can only say to coustomers to be patient what you got a fix for a box that just came 1900pro lol you are very sad it's a brand new box how could it have flaws. Mygica support said this fix for the 1900pro a fix will follow up for the 1800e 

I am not sure as to which fixes your referring to that fried boxes.  I do not release something to be used unless it has been used by myself and tested.

If your referring to users killing their Dual Cores, well that's out of our control, when upgrading the OS on the Dual Cores if you miss one step then yes it will brick your box.
AMLogic fixed this in the chipsets that followed Dual Core which are used in the 1800/582/585/1900AC, which now 9/10 times can simply be fixed with a bootcard, for the units that can't be fixed we then replace them under warranty.

As for the issue that we just fixed,  we just released these 2 new models over the last 3 months.
We actually had to buy about 6 different TV's till we were able to reproduce the problem ourselves, this does not happen for Everyone.
For example, my Sony LED TV that I use in my own home, I could not reproduce this problem on it, no matter what I did.

You mention its a brand new box, how could it have flaws.  Have you read about the Samsung Note 7 as of late???

Once more and more units were being sold, we then found that it was a widespread problem, and worked hard to fix it as fast as we could.
We actually needed AMLogic to help us fix this.

As I have said before, I apologize for the delay on this. If this still does not satisfy you. Then I am open to suggestions on how to improve in the future.
I will admit that in the past, yes I missed dates for software releases. Which is why I no longer give exact dates anymore.

Thanks

Justin 

Hay Justin, I'm unable to get the *.img file to show up using the center 3 lines button approach.  Just wanted to confirm that the file does work via that method? No one has really posted that they installed it using that method and it worked.   I don't mind waiting for the OTA update but I just wanted to ask.  Could be just me.  Was just curious.  

Thanks 

6 different tvs? What a joke. The issue isn't the tv. It's the boot process related to the USB dongle for the remote. Still waiting on the 1800 fix please. 

I believe I just had an ATO update but I was unable to select it and it disappeared on me.  Is it possible to get it back or do I wait until it asks again?   I don't know how to get the notification back. 

Okay so I left the box on all night.  Woke up this morning and I started an app on the box.  At the very top of the screen a notification pulled itself down from the top of the screen and it mentioned an update.   It said "install now" or "install later" and "details".   The problem is I can't select any of the options because the app that's open has control of the screen.  Then the notice will disappear.  

Ill try try and get a screen shot if it occurrs again 

Okay here ya go.   This popped up and no matter what I do I can't choose any of the options.   The mouse or cursor just stays on the main screen and moves or slides right underneath the window for the update.  

I set the box to do this setting for updates but it doesn't look like it did it.  I was hoping this setting would fix it for me  

image.jpg

IMG_1834.JPG

7 hours ago, frosty911 said:

Okay here ya go.   This popped up and no matter what I do I can't choose any of the options.   The mouse or cursor just stays on the main screen and moves or slides right underneath the window for the update.  

I set the box to do this setting for updates but it doesn't look like it did it.  I was hoping this setting would fix it for me  

image.jpg

IMG_1834.JPG

Is this for the 1800e? 

Did anyone get the patch file yet? 

36 minutes ago, Ricco said:

Is this for the 1800e? 

Did anyone get the patch file yet? 

this is the 1800e....just above a few posts there is a *.img file to download...  after downloading the file I was unable to install it because the box would not recognize the file.

20 minutes ago, frosty911 said:

this is the 1800e....just above a few posts there is a *.img file to download...  after downloading the file I was unable to install it because the box would not recognize the file.

It happened the same to me too. My box would not recognize the file. The file size only 712 KB, I just wounder it it right.