Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frosty911

1800E power on from standby black screen

So, it seems they may have figured out the problem. We SHOULD have the update later next week. 

Thanks for the continued patience. We will not let this go any longer than we have to.

2 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

So, it seems they may have figured out the problem. We SHOULD have the update later next week. 

Thanks for the continued patience. We will not let this go any longer than we have to.

That's awesome news.  AWESOME

These are just becoming excuses.  Everyone who is waiting for a fix just buy a cheap Chinese box for a 1/3 of the price  because you do not receive any help here for there Chinese junk. I'm pissed and have every right to be as should anyone else here who is waiting for answers for questions asked. Why have a forum and not man it for days on end and then come back and say(I meaning you) where at a show or some kind of excuse and haven't been here to answer questions Sorry...   A simple little bit of  courtesy saying you had a commitment and would be gone for a few days would go a long ways but I guess that is to difficult  of a task  to do for the people  of this forum who paid a good buck for pretty well no support. 

For those of you having the black screen issue coming out of Standby on any of our Android 5.1 Firmwares.

I am pushing hard everyday to get a fix for this ASAP.

I will keep everyone updated about this.

Sorry if nobody was active on our Forums for the last week or so.

Our entire team was at CES in Las Vegas, and we were all very busy during this time

I apologize for this. 

6 minutes ago, meagain said:

And here we go, another apology... Exactly what I said would be said......

I am the main contact with our engineering team in China for all of our software.

Sorry if this does not satisfy you right now, but this will be fixed ASAP as it is #1 on our priority list.

I know you don't want my opinion but these so called engineers should be fired for the firmware that has come out of this company but you will never satisfy me with you BS stories over and over and over and over and over and over again. All I know is I will never buy a piece of shit like MyGica  again. I will buy 4 or 5 $50.00 boxes (Chinese) like yours than pay the cost of  a gold priced MyGica Product.

Meagain,

You and l have had several conversations in the past where you have voiced your anger and frustration towards our company. A lot of other people praise us for our service. I understand that we have had some issues that have caused you a headache. 

We are constantly faced with issues created when new chipsets and hardware comes out with little support in way of making them work on tv boxes. Some people say to just buy a cheaper box with default android and these issues wont be there. 

A lot of people are looking for the better system come to us, see an issue and rightfully have some frustration. Sure you can get a basic box for cheap that will do the basic functions that a lot of users may find to be fine, but there are many limitations on those systems in way of audio abilities, actual 4k, as well as all of the other new stuff that we do that others do not.

Another thing I would point out is that these other boxes usually do not have any licensing, including electrical safety licensing. That for me is a no-no when it comes to being put into my home. The lack of licensing means less apps work from the google play store. If you value these types of things that I have mentioned above, then you can understand why going to the cheaper system is not advised.

Going back to the issue. We are working on this problem. I spend a lot of my time recently in this forum going through all of the work our moderators, mainly Justin, has put into solving problems no matter how big or small. I can say with confidence that the majority of every single problem whether it is user, hardware or a software issue has been resolved in some fashion with the consumers satisfaction at heart.

It seems that your frustration with our product is so much that you are here in what it feels like an attempt to get others to not purchase our product. I am asking you to please stop doing this. You can see that we are quite liberal with things being said openly on our site without deleting posts. In saying this, I hope you can respect this in some way. We hope to resolve this conflict, and trust me that I know that issues like this are not good for business. While it is frustrating for you, it is incredibly tough to see it not only affect sales, but that the loyal community is not happy. If we didn't care about the quality of our product and the feedback of our customers, we wouldn't have this forum.

2 hours ago, meagain said:

I know you don't want my opinion but these so called engineers should be fired for the firmware that has come out of this company but you will never satisfy me with you BS stories over and over and over and over and over and over again. All I know is I will never buy a piece of shit like MyGica  again. I will buy 4 or 5 $50.00 boxes (Chinese) like yours than pay the cost of  a gold priced MyGica Product.

12 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Meagain,

You and l have had several conversations in the past where you have voiced your anger and frustration towards our company. A lot of other people praise us for our service. I understand that we have had some issues that have caused you a headache. 

We are constantly faced with issues created when new chipsets and hardware comes out with little support in way of making them work on tv boxes. Some people say to just buy a cheaper box with default android and these issues wont be there. 

A lot of people are looking for the better system come to us, see an issue and rightfully have some frustration. Sure you can get a basic box for cheap that will do the basic functions that a lot of users may find to be fine, but there are many limitations on those systems in way of audio abilities, actual 4k, as well as all of the other new stuff that we do that others do not.

Another thing I would point out is that these other boxes usually do not have any licensing, including electrical safety licensing. That for me is a no-no when it comes to being put into my home. The lack of licensing means less apps work from the google play store. If you value these types of things that I have mentioned above, then you can understand why going to the cheaper system is not advised.

Going back to the issue. We are working on this problem. I spend a lot of my time recently in this forum going through all of the work our moderators, mainly Justin, has put into solving problems no matter how big or small. I can say with confidence that the majority of every single problem whether it is user, hardware or a software issue has been resolved in some fashion with the consumers satisfaction at heart.

It seems that your frustration with our product is so much that you are here in what it feels like an attempt to get others to not purchase our product. I am asking you to please stop doing this. You can see that we are quite liberal with things being said openly on our site without deleting posts. In saying this, I hope you can respect this in some way. We hope to resolve this conflict, and trust me that I know that issues like this are not good for business. While it is frustrating for you, it is incredibly tough to see it not only affect sales, but that the loyal community is not happy. If we didn't care about the quality of our product and the feedback of our customers, we wouldn't have this forum.

You asked me a question on Dec 30/16 and still haven't answered that one and wonder why I come on here and am pissed. Well you just did it again asshole and continue to do it to everyone that has a problem with there unit. You have yet to prove you stand behind your products. You have no proof of what you say about other boxes when you and your company can't fix your own junk. Ban me if you want because at this point I couldn't give a rats ass as I can come back at anytime and you won't have a clue as to who I am. This is why you don't use the OTA updates because rather than fuck up all boxes you only fuck up the ones that try it out and find out the hard way it  don't work and makes matters worse and this is what tells readers not to update not you or Justin relay that info. Over 2 weeks later and still no fix so I suggest you find programmers that can fix issues and stop with the lame excuses. 

I have had a box for over 2 years now and I can tell you this forum dose provide answers. Sometimes it takes awhile but Justin and others do come through. Friends of mine have bought your so called cheap "Chinese" boxes and that is exactly what they are. Buy them and you are on your own...no firmware upgrades and no one to talk to. Be a little patient and the fix will come through. Just my 2 cents!

T

2 hours ago, glchud said:

I have had a box for over 2 years now and I can tell you this forum dose provide answers. Sometimes it takes awhile but Justin and others do come through. Friends of mine have bought your so called cheap "Chinese" boxes and that is exactly what they are. Buy them and you are on your own...no firmware upgrades and no one to talk to. Be a little patient and the fix will come through. Just my 2 cents!

I have no patience for promises and lies. I was messaged and I quote. Read the date.... and no answer yet..  What updates? You call killing boxes updates because that's about all they do. As for the Chinese remark I'm running one as we speak and it does have updates and have not had to unplug the unit once because it's locked up.  I have 2 MyGica units  and both have had two many lock ups to count. 1800 is now dead so one less pain . You would be pissed to if you only had one box which I imagine a lot of people have. At $200.00 + a pop you tend to get agitated at the answers you receive which are none... 

Hi Megain,

Where are you located? Maybe we can just get your box replaced with a proper working unit?

Meagain,

I searched all over yesterday as to where it was that I had missed your answer to a question that I had missed. With the forum format being new, I dont know how I missed your PM. 

This being said, I am still happy to uphold my offer. It seemed that in another forum post, that you were having more than just a black screen issue when trying to restart, am I correct?

I am also havig issues with my box for 2days now ive had a blank screen and a green light ..

After reading that this was an issue back in December im begining to think that my box is fried ...can a support member confirm this?...i spent $200 2 months ago now  wonderinf if it was just money down the drain....will the store i bought this from take it back? ..

Is it there problem to deal with or a problem for the consumer to deal with ? ...these issues are across the globe which again makes me feel like its a mygica fault ..

Will there be a recall on these units?

Thanks

I am also havig issues with my box for 2days now ive had a blank screen and a green light ..

After reading that this was an issue back in December im begining to think that my box is fried ...can a support member confirm this?...i spent $200 2 months ago now  wonderinf if it was just money down the drain....will the store i bought this from take it back? ..

Is it there problem to deal with or a problem for the consumer to deal with ? ...these issues are across the globe which again makes me feel like its a mygica fault ..

Will there be a recall on these units?

Thanks

Hi

i have the same issue guys black screen and my box now freezes upon loading is my box going to fry up? And why is there an update file without being tested ? Take down the update that's unfair.

i have been reading for days can i down grade until you guys can actually come up an actual realese and not a virus please 

thank you 

On 2017-01-12 at 9:23 PM, meagain said:

T

I have no patience for promises and lies. I was messaged and I quote. Read the date.... and no answer yet..  What updates? You call killing boxes updates because that's about all they do. As for the Chinese remark I'm running one as we speak and it does have updates and have not had to unplug the unit once because it's locked up.  I have 2 MyGica units  and both have had two many lock ups to count. 1800 is now dead so one less pain . You would be pissed to if you only had one box which I imagine a lot of people have. At $200.00 + a pop you tend to get agitated at the answers you receive which are none... 

Hi Megain,

Where are you located? Maybe we can just get your box replaced with a proper working unit?

Hey buddy did you get any answers. Or did they buy you out?

14 minutes ago, Ricco said:

Hey buddy did you get any answers. Or did they buy you out?

They are still working on it but have got some replies this time.