Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomcat61

Box no longer reboots

Woke up this morning to watch some shows only to find my 1800 no longer works. Worked just fine 8 hours before. When turned on it went to the android logo, normal, then to a (android system recovery    3e) page. Not normal. Tried rebooting and powering off by removing power cord. Anyone have any thoughts on whats happening? Do I have to do a factory reset?

Thx

Tim

Tomcat,

It seems something went wrong with the firmware. It probably needs to be reflashed if it is stuck in the android recovery screen.

Please follow the link below for detailed instructions on getting this working again. Unfortunately it will delete anything that has been done to it though. If this is a pain, please backup apps and programs in the future to avoid this happening again.

Alternatively, if the box is still under warranty, you can bring it or ship it to one of our repair places to get this done for you by heading over to mygica.tv/help

Please follow the instructions carefully.

I used this procedure and it took me back to the original Gica set-up.  This is definitely not even close to the system I purchased three years ago .  The main screen is very old.  How do I restore my usual apps and display screen? 

On 1/3/2017 at 11:23 PM, Spinx said:

I used this procedure and it took me back to the original Gica set-up.  This is definitely not even close to the system I purchased three years ago .  The main screen is very old.  How do I restore my usual apps and display screen? 

We have not changed our Home Screen of the ATV 1800E since July 2014, so not sure what you are referring to as to not even being close to the same system you purchased 3 years ago?

Maybe the company you purchased it from customized it themselves for you, which is definitely possible as you can do anything really when it comes to Android.

It will be hard for us to tell you how to restore your apps and display screen, as we have no idea what apps and display screen you were using before.

Most of this stuff can be found in the Google Play Store, as that is where majority of Android Apps come from.