Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pico

No EPG guide on ATV 586

I Can't get EPG guide on my ATV 586 I tried factory reset and rescanned for channels and I get 43 stations and none have EPG guide

The ATV586 relies on EPG data sent by the OTA station, buried in the OTA signal.

Some stations send no EPG data, and some send incorrect EPG data, but if you are getting no EPG data at all for 43 stations, I suspect that something is wrong.

It might be a software/firmware update thing.  Have you updated to the latest from MyGica? I think the last one I got was in about April or May 2016.

Even if you get some EPG data, you might not get good correct data for all stations.

I get a variety of OTA stations from U.S. and Canada, and none of them have useful, correct EPG data.

MyGica is not Tivo.

(This would not be too bad if the MyGica ATV586 had an option to set recording programs manually - by entering the channel, date, and time to record - but it does not. So, for stations without good EPG data the only way to record is to stand there and push the record button - like a caveman or something. MyGica has been promising for over a year to add manual program but has not delivered.)

MM

The stations are sending correct data. It probably is a software problem.
For example..if I'm watching ABC and then hit the EPG guide I get listings from different channels. PBS or FOX or whatever.

Its different every time. Have tried updates several times.......