Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSk

brand new atv 1800e won't turn on unless unplugged/plugged back in

hello, I see lots of issues here similar to mine, but can't figure out a resolution.  I've tried multiple HDMI cables and USB ports for the remote... nothing works.  Basically here's the problem...

Once the box is turned off, light goes red, i'm not able to use it again until I unplug it and plug it back in.  If I press power on the remote or the box, the light goes green on the box, but there's no video.

I just got the box yesterday, not sure what to do.

help is appreciated, thx,

Dave 

Sounds a lot like the thread I started.  I have the same issue but the problem only started after doing the firmware update.  Worked fine before. 

I have this same problem on the 1800E I have hooked to my Samsung TV. The 1800E I have attached to my LG TV works fine. As such, it appears to be a communication problem with the Samsung.

I got so frustrated trying to get this working, I took it back to the store and bought a similar device from another manufacturer.  Hopefully it works ....

you can close this thread

21 minutes ago, DaveSk said:

I got so frustrated trying to get this working, I took it back to the store and bought a similar device from another manufacturer.  Hopefully it works ....

you can close this thread

I bought a new one to from a different mfg  as well as theses boxes are just not worth the headaches anymore. Whoever makes the firmware for these boxes should be replaced with people that know what the hell there doing. I have the 1800 & 1900 and have never had an OTA update ever and they got a new server for this purpose and still no OTA updates. I believe it's because rather than screw up everyone's boxes with OTA  lets let a few people download the firmware and see if the forum lights up. Well it has and where's the help MIA again.  It's the lack of responses from  Mods here that is really pissing me off and probably a lot of others as well. We purchased boxes to watch TV not sit back for days waiting for answers while having no working boxes to watch TV.

By a ****** excellent firmware and OTA works right out of the box I have bought two Mygica and I am done with them there website is confusing and OTA has NEVER worked for me also. They are just hurting themselves. Upgraded 1800E to lolipop and it has bugs in it ***** releases updates every 2 months and their boxes run flawlessly!! Do your research before you buy another box.

16 hours ago, mrennie1957 said:

By a ****** excellent firmware and OTA works right out of the box I have bought two Mygica and I am done with them there website is confusing and OTA has NEVER worked for me also. They are just hurting themselves. Upgraded 1800E to lolipop and it has bugs in it ***** releases updates every 2 months and their boxes run flawlessly!! Do your research before you buy another box.

Our OTA Updates do work, not sure why you have not received any for Android 4.4

Our 5.1 has not had OTA updates yet for our older models.

You want to talk good about the other brand you just bought. Well then where is there Android 5.1 update for their S802/S812 boxes (X8/X8-PLUS????)

It is No Where to be Found.....

Unlike the other brand you speak of, we actually provide new OS updates if they are possible.  They have a lot of threads from their users asking about this on their own forum, and they are very vague about this subject.

Curious to know which bugs you found in our 5.1 software, as I have read through the latest feedback thread and majority of it has been positive.

Since I tried it on my 1800 I have not attempted to update my 1900 for fear it will do the same as it did to the 1800 and then no TV  at all. 

It is unfournate that we all are looking forward for a fix and no one is responding, they only choose what to answer and who to answer to. As for everyone you guys should limit your use to the box if not at all until they come up with a fix as there is a lot of people reporting there boxes are dead. I know it's not ideal for us not to use are boxes but it's the only way until we get answers.

thank you 

On 2017-01-14 at 11:46 PM, Buffet_Bob said:

Looking forward to a fix. Thanks

On 2017-01-15 at 8:59 AM, Ricco said:

It is unfournate that we all are looking forward for a fix and no one is responding, they only choose what to answer and who to answer to. As for everyone you guys should limit your use to the box if not at all until they come up with a fix as there is a lot of people reporting there boxes are dead. I know it's not ideal for us not to use are boxes but it's the only way until we get answers.

thank you 

We should have a fix for this in the coming week. I know you have all been waiting patiently. 

We received a fix for the 1900pro for this issue, once we approve this fix tonight, we will release it for the 1900pro tomorrow OTA. 

The 1800e will follow very quickly. 

18 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

We should have a fix for this in the coming week. I know you have all been waiting patiently. 

We received a fix for the 1900pro for this issue, once we approve this fix tonight, we will release it for the 1900pro tomorrow OTA. 

The 1800e will follow very quickly. 

We will start the OTA fix for 1900PRO/495PRO with this issue starting early next week.

I hope to get the 1800E/1900AC Android 5.1 fix for this early next week as well, but I am not 100% sure due to Chinese New Years starting on Tuesday.

Glad updates are coming. However I've never been able to get any OTA updates for my 1800e with Android 4.4 . Is there anything special that needs to be done to get them? The Android box is always left on to ensure I would not miss them.

thanks

On 1/20/2017 at 0:18 PM, Jovialtraveller said:

Glad updates are coming. However I've never been able to get any OTA updates for my 1800e with Android 4.4 . Is there anything special that needs to be done to get them? The Android box is always left on to ensure I would not miss them.

thanks

The last update we sent for 1800E OTA was from July 2016 for Android 4.4
I do not think we will be sending out OTA updates anymore for Android 4.4

What is the version # you are using currently?

18 hours ago, Jovialtraveller said:

I'm using android version 4.4.2 build V002M801_20151014

Most likely I'll wait to upgrade to version 5.1 but I'm hoping to get OTA for future releases and I still don't know why I have not got any

We do not plan to have anymore OTA updates for 4.4

We have switched to 5,1, however you need to install 5.1 manually.

1 minute ago, Jovialtraveller said:

I will update to ver 5.1 but based on the user comments,  I wonder if the version is stable for 1800E ?

Thanks

I am using it as we speak, it is running flawless. 

2 hours ago, biasbowler said:

Is the update for the 1800 E 5.1 version complete with the fix for the off on issue? If so where do I find it?

We fixed it on the 1900PRO/495PRO

Since our engineers went for Chinese New Years as of yesterday, we cannot fix it for the 1800E/1900AC until after February 7th.