Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freebeer761

Webcam for Skype

I upgraded to the 1900Pro from an ATV1200 and was using  a Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000 for Skype.  When attached to the 1900Pro I get an error saying the video service failed to start.  Is there a way to add drivers to the operating system on this box, add an app or change configuration to make this work? If not, can provisions for generic Chinese cameras as well as mainstream Logitech cameras be added to future software upgrades.   

Hi,

Yes the  QuickCam Pro 5000 worked on my ATV 1200.  The 1900Pro just says can't connect to camera service.

I'm hoping to add camera support without having to wait for a complete software upgrade?  In the Windows world I would just add a driver, is that possible in Android?

On 1/2/2017 at 1:06 PM, freebeer761 said:

Hi,

Yes the  QuickCam Pro 5000 worked on my ATV 1200.  The 1900Pro just says can't connect to camera service.

I'm hoping to add camera support without having to wait for a complete software upgrade?  In the Windows world I would just add a driver, is that possible in Android?

We have to add the driver ourselves to our Firmware

Since when it comes to Android, the OS is maintained by the device seller, since every device running Android is using a its own custom version of Android.

I will get the Camera Driver added to our next software update. 

On 11/01/2017 at 6:32 PM, Justin said:

We have to add the driver ourselves to our Firmware

Since when it comes to Android, the OS is maintained by the device seller, since every device running Android is using a its own custom version of Android.

I will get the Camera Driver added to our next software update. 

The software update has been applied to my device and my webcam still does not work.  Were camera drivers added to this update?  Skype is one of the default applications in your software, I would assume you have tested it's operation.  If you have tested various cameras, could share model numbers that do work?  If anyone else out there on the interweb has any experience using Skype with these boxes running this version of code please chime in.  It seems obvious i'm going to have to replace my camera to get this to work, it would be nice to know what camera models work before I go shopping.