Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DreamEel

Any new firmware is expected? it's been a while...

15 hours ago, DreamEel said:

We have not abandoned this unit. I will follow up and see what I can find out about this firmware.

We are at CES this year, but for some reason it is not showing up. 

unnamed.jpg

19 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

We have not abandoned this unit. I will follow up and see what I can find out about this firmware.

We are at CES this year, but for some reason it is not showing up. 

unnamed.jpg

I really hope you are gonna give us a new update soon! It has been really a long time ... I'm desperate...

bought this unit especially because of the epg and recording functions and they are useless since more than 5 months...

would have returned the unit if I could despite the fact that. I loved it before the last update.....

Another vote/plea for an update, please.  My box is barely sputtering along at this point, needs to be power cycled regularly to stop sync issues with OTA TV.  

How will you be able to inspire confidence your new products (presumably showing at CES) when the firmware support has been so lacking? 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:56 PM, PoC said:

Another vote/plea for an update, please.  My box is barely sputtering along at this point, needs to be power cycled regularly to stop sync issues with OTA TV.  

How will you be able to inspire confidence your new products (presumably showing at CES) when the firmware support has been so lacking? 

One of the big topics that were discussed by our entire Team at CES was the support and new update to our OTA products being used on Android.

We are going to release a completely new version of DTV Player, which will be similar to our EYETV 3 Software for the MACOSX

As for a release date on this, I cannot comment on this right now as I do not know 100% yet of an estimated release date, but it is for sure apart of our early 2017 Road Map.

Justin,

That's great news indeed.

Any more details you can share about the new DTV Player? What's new there that would trigger us to update our present units?

Any ETA for the new firmware for the present DTV players?

Thanks ahead!

22 hours ago, DreamEel said:

Justin,

That's great news indeed.

Any more details you can share about the new DTV Player? What's new there that would trigger us to update our present units?

Any ETA for the new firmware for the present DTV players?

Thanks ahead!

Once I get new screenshots of the DTV player I will share it.

One thing I can mention is that we met with TIVO at CES as we currently purchase their Internet TV GUIDE services for eyetv, and were looking to add this feature to the new DTV Player.

Will the update have a more useful recording function, with an option for manual input of channel, date and time to record?

(Even if you get TIVO TV guide, there can be inaccuracies and times when it is better to enter a recording program manually.)

thanks.

MAM

17 hours ago, mam125 said:

Will the update have a more useful recording function, with an option for manual input of channel, date and time to record?

(Even if you get TIVO TV guide, there can be inaccuracies and times when it is better to enter a recording program manually.)

thanks.

MAM

Yes it will have option to setup recording manually.

I do not have any dates on this right now though, since DTV Player is basically being totally re-done.

I guess that means we will be waiting a looooooooong time for epg and DTV features that work.
Are you spending lots and lots of time making fancy-schmancy graphics and logos and skins and effects and click-on-the-epg interface?

I would rather see a simple text input and get it done sooner.
K.I.S.S.

MAM

On 2/11/2017 at 10:48 AM, mam125 said:

I guess that means we will be waiting a looooooooong time for epg and DTV features that work.
Are you spending lots and lots of time making fancy-schmancy graphics and logos and skins and effects and click-on-the-epg interface?

I would rather see a simple text input and get it done sooner.
K.I.S.S.

MAM

We are not creating anything that will be super fancy.

It was just put aside for other projects, we just started it again a few weeks ago.

38 minutes ago, DreamEel said:

Justin,

What is the ETA for the new firmware?

Currently have no timeline I can give on this

Will update everyone once I know more.

A few days ago we celebrated one year since the last firmware for the  ATV586T2 was released :-)

Any update ETA for the new one? I hate to replace the ATV586T2 for a new $30 generic android TV Box  just to I will be able to install Kodi 17.1 and I really hope that MyGiga will stand behind their product and provide support in shape of continuous and stable firmware updates.

11 hours ago, DreamEel said:

A few days ago we celebrated one year since the last firmware for the  ATV586T2 was released :-)

Any update ETA for the new one? I hate to replace the ATV586T2 for a new $30 generic android TV Box  just to I will be able to install Kodi 17.1 and I really hope that MyGiga will stand behind their product and provide support in shape of continuous and stable firmware updates.

I am currently testing a Android 5.1 version on the 586

But the tuner is disabled on this version

Trying to see if we can get the tuner to work, but I am not sure right now.

Will keep you updated.

On 2017-05-17 at 11:42 AM, Justin said:

I am currently testing a Android 5.1 version on the 586

But the tuner is disabled on this version

Trying to see if we can get the tuner to work, but I am not sure right now.

Will keep you updated.

Just following up... haven't heard any updates

21 minutes ago, Djewell said:

Just following up... haven't heard any updates

Nothing to post on right now.

So here we have several users of this model asking, since months, for a solution to a common problem related to the obvious fact that MyGica company is waiting for this units to slowly stop working. Between several thousands people that probably bought the 586, only few actually know what's really happening to their units and can consequently ask questions on this forum. These units are not inexpensive and Mygica is obviously not respecting us as clients and is also not respecting consumers rules worldwide. This is definitely the right time for a CLASS ACTION, considering the fact that several things are not going the way they were promised for this specific model advertising.

As somebody said,  serious companies recall their products when they don't work properly due to the manufacturer's negligence. We could easily call it scam.

Answers and solutions are mandatory. Obviously not coming from a simple technician but somebody instead that has the face and the courage to expose his white collar and speak to the people that pay for his salary.

I concur. I bought this unit based on some online and youtube reviews and unfortunately did not see this forum pre purchase time to see what this ineffective unit is really like. EPG useless, OTA HDTV audio/video out of sync always,   slow play on standard definition recording from local DNLA  server with 100MB wired connection.. which I had to set up a computer to do with a WinTV stick as this unit is unable to do so, Netflix App running clumsy and faulty unable to scroll through movies, so many negatives on this product.

On 6/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, Manuelfantoni said:

So here we have several users of this model asking, since months, for a solution to a common problem related to the obvious fact that MyGica company is waiting for this units to slowly stop working. Between several thousands people that probably bought the 586, only few actually know what's really happening to their units and can consequently ask questions on this forum. These units are not inexpensive and Mygica is obviously not respecting us as clients and is also not respecting consumers rules worldwide. This is definitely the right time for a CLASS ACTION, considering the fact that several things are not going the way they were promised for this specific model advertising.

As somebody said,  serious companies recall their products when they don't work properly due to the manufacturer's negligence. We could easily call it scam.

Answers and solutions are mandatory. Obviously not coming from a simple technician but somebody instead that has the face and the courage to expose his white collar and speak to the people that pay for his salary.

Kevin, is that you?  If it isn't you two should really get together - you'd communicate well since you both have the same grade 4 grammar skills, like to use big words you don't understand and make the same hyperbolic threats.