Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silver_foxx

How to get Netflix working with 5.1 audio

Hi I just purchased the ATV-495pro and would like to know how to get Netflix to play with 5.1 audio. I have updated Netflix to the latest version but I think this is the android phone version. How do I get the TV app version installed and play HD and 5.1 audio? The only reason I bought a new Mygica is for 5.1 audio with Netflix. My old atv-582 was not able to do this. Do I need to set something in Kodi? Do I need to get an addon in Kodi for Netflix or should everything work with the Netflix that came with the unit?  I cannot find settings in Netflix. I do have my Netflix working fine with my Xbox with 5.1 audio on the same TV. I have HDMI set to passthrough and 2.0 stereo on Kodi. My movies in Kodi play fine with 5.1 audio. Please someone help me. Thanks

Hi everyone, I guess I never got a response to my questions but the Tech support team replied and I would like to thank them for replying. Below is their response. I have since returned the box to the store and will wait once Mygigica gets an agreement with Netflix to play 5.1 audio with the ATV-495 pro or the ATV-1900 pro. The hardware is there to play the 5.1 audio and full HD but Mygica needs to get the rights to use the full capability with Netflix.   Here is my email response.

The Netflix app is not made for Android TVOS, we are in communications with Netflix to get rights to place them on our boxes. that is why you do not get full HD sound out as your Xbox gets. 

but for other apps makes sense why you get better quality sound, our boxes are capable of handling 5.1 sound.  

we do not have a timeline yet so we could say it will be so and so time till we get it. just hope its quick and easy to gain that Netflix app for our New boxes. 

Your RMA Request Team,

On 12/31/2016 at 0:54 AM, silver_foxx said:

Hi everyone, I guess I never got a response to my questions but the Tech support team replied and I would like to thank them for replying. Below is their response. I have since returned the box to the store and will wait once Mygigica gets an agreement with Netflix to play 5.1 audio with the ATV-495 pro or the ATV-1900 pro. The hardware is there to play the 5.1 audio and full HD but Mygica needs to get the rights to use the full capability with Netflix.   Here is my email response.

The Netflix app is not made for Android TVOS, we are in communications with Netflix to get rights to place them on our boxes. that is why you do not get full HD sound out as your Xbox gets. 

but for other apps makes sense why you get better quality sound, our boxes are capable of handling 5.1 sound.  

we do not have a timeline yet so we could say it will be so and so time till we get it. just hope its quick and easy to gain that Netflix app for our New boxes. 

Your RMA Request Team,

The 1900PRO and 495 PRO will both work with the Netflix HD TV app

However to get 5.1 audio, yes it is required to get this part to work only through Netflix directly.

We got the TV APP and HD to work as we added Widevine Level 1 DRM support to both of these models.

Hi I understand the hardware is there that is why I bought the 495 Pro, now we need your company to work out an agreement with Netflix so when do you think this will be in place and what if Netflix does not allow Mygica to have full HD and 5.1 audio? I hope your company can get this.

Your RMA Request Team,

On 1/13/2017 at 6:57 PM, silver_foxx said:

Hi I understand the hardware is there that is why I bought the 495 Pro, now we need your company to work out an agreement with Netflix so when do you think this will be in place and what if Netflix does not allow Mygica to have full HD and 5.1 audio? I hope your company can get this.

Your RMA Request Team,

We are still trying to get an agreement from Netflix

Once we have this, it will allow us to provide use of 5.1 audio within Netflix.

As of right now, I do not have a date for this.  I will update once  I know more though