Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

silver_foxx

Popping while playing movies Kodi 16.1 ATV-495 Pro

Any movie played with Kodi 16.1 has popping sounds. The ATV-495 was purchased a couple of days ago to replace my ATV-582. The ATV-582 has Kodi 16.1 and has no popping with the same movies. How do I stop the popping, does the ATV-495 Pro have settings to prevent this. The movies are on my PC and are connected via Ethernet connection. I have Kodi set to stereo, pass turned on in the system settings. I have the digital audio set to PCM. 20161222_181820[1].jpg20161222_181845[1].jpg20161222_183432[1].jpgthrough on, DTS and AC3 is

I have the same problem with 1900pro.

The problem appears to be happening if you have these exact settings as in the original post screenshot. In particular, it has something to do with enabled passthrough and AC3 decoding.

What's happening in my case is that every 2 or 3 seconds the sound disappears completely for a second. So, it's not possible to use AC3 passthrough via my 5.1 amplifier. Ihave to disable passthrough, but this makes 5.1 sound to be something like 3.1 Very disappointing.

DTS is working fine.

I use optical cable to connect 1900pro to my amplifier.

Please, fix it.

23 minutes ago, 747pilot said:

I have the same problem with 1900pro.

The problem appears to be happening if you have these exact settings as in the original post screenshot. In particular, it has something to do with enabled passthrough and AC3 decoding.

What's happening in my case is that every 2 or 3 seconds the sound disappears completely for a second. So, it's not possible to use AC3 passthrough via my 5.1 amplifier. Ihave to disable passthrough, but this makes 5.1 sound to be something like 3.1 Very disappointing.

DTS is working fine.

I use optical cable to connect 1900pro to my amplifier.

Please, fix it.

Will be fixed within a few weeks.

I have seen the problem based on this thread.