Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spinnersp

No display

After a power down, when I turn box back on, i have no display, and remote seems unresponsive,though without anything on the tv its hard to tell. I have to unplug/replug to get it going again

I also have the same problem. If I have to unplug this thing from the wall and reboot it everytime I want to turn it on,  I will be looking for a refund.

I have the same problem.  The unit becomes unresponsive once it's been put to sleep.  It's annoying to have to re-plug the unit every time I want to watch.  

I will return this box to Newegg.ca if this problem is not fixed in one week.  I bought a Nextbox from Amazon.ca a month ago for $80 without any issues. Therefore, I decided to buy a 2nd Android box with more features. I wasted the last 2 days trying to solve multiple problems with this ATV 1900 pro. Here are the problems in order of most to the least annoyance.

1. No display after turning the box off and on again. Sometimes, it will display if you turn it back on within 30-60 second after turning it off or to standby. I even updated the firmware to 2016.11.25 without any improvement. Based on my research, this problem is an issue with the older boxes too. Therefore, I don't think MyGica will release any update to fix the problem. I will not leave my box on 24/7 wasting hydro. I know the energy usage is low but if the box doesn't go to standby or off my wireless headphone receiver remain on 24/7 too.

2. The box that I got did not look like the picture on the original box. I don't see the left and right arrows light. Also, Android identify the product as ATV 495 pro. After I manually downloaded and updated the firmware from a micro SD, Android identify the product as s905 TV box. Why I cannot do the update OTA? I had to setup everything in Kodi from beginning. Wasted of time and deceptive advertising! I read somewhere that the build on ATV 1900 pro and ATV 495 are the same. If you are selling a premium product, please spend the time to release the right product without mistakes. I feel like I bought a knockoff product.

3. In Kodi, some of the live TV channels shrink to the middle of my TV screen. I don't have any of this problem using Kodi from my $80 Nextbox or from PC to the same TV. Also, my TV screen flicker occasionally in Kodi and on the Home screen

Same issue here. After the box has been in standby for an extended period, I will try to turn it on (and it will turn green as soon as I press the power button) but no action on the tv.

Also, once the box turns green, I can no longer use the remote to turn it off (i.e. Make it red again). 

As everyone mentioned, the only solution is unplugging and replugging.

I'll just leave mine on. I bought a 486 and bought a Rii remote for it. Then less than a week later I bought the 1900Pro. I thought it was the Rii remote causing a issue. But it's good to know that it's a known issue. If it will ever get fixed, who knows.

Hi Support,

I'm encountering the same issue. After taking a quick glance through your support threads, it appears this is an existing issue that is prevalent across various box types and TV types. Is it at all possible to implement a hard shut down of the box using the remote?  

Hello,

I just purchased a brand new MyGica 1900 Pro after purchasing an 1800 model for my parents this Christmas. I seem to be encountering the same issue with my 1900 Pro as the original poster. What are my options? Can I open a ticket or do I return this unit as it is clearly defective? 

We are fully aware of this issue.

After speaking with my team over the weekend, we hope to have a software fix for it this week.

It will be sent as an OTA update.

On 2017-01-16 at 11:53 AM, Justin said:

We are fully aware of this issue.

After speaking with my team over the weekend, we hope to have a software fix for it this week.

It will be sent as an OTA update.

Am sorry but u start sounding like a broken record. Stop giving people hope, weemaddox if you can return the box do so as these guys will never come up with a fix but they sure do can come up with broken promises and more and more excuses.

So I'm new here.  Got a ATV 1900 Pro over the weekend. The review video I watched said there was a way to format the Sata HD I added, I could not find it :(

I was able to format it on my Mac & it's working fine. All in All I think the 1900 Pro is a pretty good unit. I look forward to the new update, So I can use the orange button to shut it off :) 

I'm having the same problem.  Put the device on standby. Green (solid) light stays on. No display. The unit becomes unresponsive once it's been put to sleep. I have to re-plug the unit every time I want to watch.  Not good Mygica. Please fix this asap, or I will have no choice but to request a refund and think twice before I purchase another Mygica box. 

sorry i should say put the device on standby using the remote and than power it on. No display. Remote is unresponsive. I have to re-plug to power it on again.

Peterpan, nice way to be a forceful and wrong way to ask for support.  but to answer you,  it was a known issue, we have already fixed the issue the OTA update should be out in few days. 

no need to return your unit, if you still not happy and nice do return your unit to your seller with respect to their return policy. 

Note: 
" People that can not wait for OTA update, please drop me a line as PM for manual patch update file, remember we are here to help, and not to be forced or pushed on another mistake, just because you want to get something done quickly "  

7 minutes ago, bindaredondat said:

Peterpan, nice way to be a forceful and wrong way to ask for support.  but to answer you,  it was a known issue, we have already fixed the issue the OTA update should be out in few days. 

no need to return your unit, if you still not happy and nice do return your unit to your seller with respect to their return policy. 

Note: 
" People that can not wait for OTA update, please drop me a line as PM for manual patch update file, remember we are here to help, and not to be forced or pushed on another mistake, just because you want to get something done quickly "  

I would like to have the fix for 1800e please since you have it 

thanks

6 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

Note: 

Not being forceful at all. Just stating the facts. Someone from your team said a patch was in the works from last week and that it would be released this week. The week has come and gone and nothing yet.  

Does Mygica test their products at all before release?

Returning the item will result in a 10% restocking fee from the retailer I purchased this from. Not only does this not work, but I end up losing money when it is all said and done. Now tell me how this makes sense for me?

Please PM a manual patch to fix the problem 

Thank you.

9 hours ago, bindaredondat said:

Note: 

Hi buddy I did pm you for the file and no answer ? Could you please post the file patch and thank you 1800e,,,,

13 hours ago, Ricco said:

Hi buddy I did pm you for the file and no answer ? Could you please post the file patch and thank you 1800e,,,,

We currently only have the patch file for 1900 PRO and 495 PRO

We do not have it for 1800E/1900AC running Android 5.1

You can switch to Android 4.4 on your 1800E and you won't have this issue.