Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dalziel

Can't get past next screen on set-up

Just got the 1800e box for Xmas and I'm trying set it up. I am stuck at the "next" screen. The only button on the remote that seems to work is the power button. I tried new batteries and tried rebooting, but no avail.  Kind of frustrated. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat and have two remotes.  Had my unit for over 6 months working perfectly then the remotes just stopped.  They both work fine when conected to computer so it's something in my ATV1900AC unit.  There doesn't seem to be much information about remote issues but it seems lots of people are having issues.

It seems like you two are having different issues.

Dalziel, 

Please ensure you have the dongle that came with the remote plugged into the usb of the mygica box.

Luke tanner,

This is very odd and have not heard of this happening. Are these aftermarket remotes? which two remotes do you have?

Got the remote to connect to the box, but the remote itself is a piece of junk. Four of the keys do not work! I'm going to try a USB keyboard and see if that works.

I see these remotes sold individually elsewhere. I would recommend people NOT buy one!

Im sorry you are having this issue, but which 4 buttons do not work?

Obviously this is not intended, and we are happy to fix or replace the unit if it is still within the remote warranty period.

5 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

It seems like you two are having different issues.

Dalziel, 

Please ensure you have the dongle that came with the remote plugged into the usb of the mygica box.

Luke tanner,

This is very odd and have not heard of this happening. Are these aftermarket remotes? which two remotes do you have?

The remotes were the MyGica remotes supplied with the ATV1900AC unit.   I recall the sales guy telling me that it comes with the KR54 (with volume up/down buttons) but I should get the KR301 also as it was a better remote.  I'm worried that the 4 x USB ports in the unit have stopped working because I can't even connect a standard USB mouse or keyboard.  Would really like a link to the original Android Version 5.0 firmware just to rule out a buggy OTA update which lacks driver support for my two remotes perhaps?

Thanks for the links on the YouTube post but none of them work. I would like MyGica to provide a link to the software which is not a big ask really my box has been useless for 2 weeks now. (ATV1900AC Android 5.0) - I'm going to try loading the OpenELEC Operating System that Justin has posted but feel this is a step backwards as it sounds like it's just for KODI and I want things like Spotify, Pandora, Netflix etc... but this will confirm if it's the unit or OS causing the problem.

Thanks for the responses. I managed to get past the setup screen only to find that my remote was a piece of crap. 4 of the buttons did not work! Problem solved when I used a spare cordless keyboard.

On 1/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, Dalziel said:

Thanks for the responses. I managed to get past the setup screen only to find that my remote was a piece of crap. 4 of the buttons did not work! Problem solved when I used a spare cordless keyboard.

Which remote control listed on this page was included with your box?

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=Main_Page