Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jarrod

Root access

I need to setup always on vpn within the box, but I just discovered that due to a longstanding Android issue, this does not work without fix that requires root access to run.  I noticed that you have a patch to unlock root access for the ATV 1900, but do not see the same patch for other devices.  I was wondering if this is something you could provide.

I just bought the 495 Pro last night and loving it so far. I installed Kodi and am using it to watch live tv from a server with a tv tuner. I wanted to install Advanced Wake On Lan to wake the server but was given a error saying that kodi needed to be run in root in order to send the ping commands. Is this the img file I need to use to update my device to allow me to use kodi in root mode?

Thanks!!

I upgraded to the latest firmware in the downloads section and then tried this file and received the same error about running kodi in root. Anyway to check that the patch is applied?

Thanks!

On 2/25/2017 at 9:25 PM, Samucia said:

I upgraded to the latest firmware in the downloads section and then tried this file and received the same error about running kodi in root. Anyway to check that the patch is applied?

Thanks!

The patch file only gives you root access to the box.

I think there might be some steps you are missing in order to run Kodi in root mode.

Sorry but I am not familiar with root access.  I have asked one of our other mods to chime in on this subject

However is there any other users on here that can share some info?

2 hours ago, Brian A said:

You need to install SuperSU but like I said above, this patch won't flash, it says it fails the security check.

Thanks I will try that out, I didn't have  any issues appling the patch on the jan 31 firmware.

Thanks for all the replies :D

12 hours ago, Brian A said:

You need to install SuperSU but like I said above, this patch won't flash, it says it fails the security check.

We have installed the patch file without any issues on multiple boxes

We have not heard about the issue you have from anybody else

On 3/1/2017 at 6:03 PM, Brian A said:

I got it to flash from an SD card. If you have problems flashing from USB, try that instead.

Good suggestion