Hums

Sound Cuts out in Kodi

12 posts in this topic

Is there any plans to further support the ATV585 range, there has been no bug firmware updates in months, I have had a issue were sound cuts out every couple of minutes in Kodi for a second or two, have read similar issues from users but no real fix has been provided?

Are there any plans to upgrade android on box, I have seen similar spec devices which has Android Lollipop running, and are there any plans updating openelec for box.

I am getting ready to buy a new upgrade box but the Kodi sound issue is a deal breaker for me buying any MyGica devices in future if such a big issue is not priority on your older models.

Posted (edited)

No Reply, I guess no support. Anyway I got desperate and manged to flash a modded openelec build called libreelec on my device running kodi 16.1. Running now with proper sound and full 1080p no problems. And they are working on Kodi 17 to work on player, so there is a little life left in the player.

Have ordered a different brand streaming box with proper remote supported apps for Netflix etc.

Edited by Hums

Give Kodi 17.0 (7.010) a try. Blows 16.1 out of the water. I've been running libreelec since December 15 or so, but not on mygica. 

On 12/29/2016 at 1:42 AM, Hums said:

Is there any plans to further support the ATV585 range, there has been no bug firmware updates in months, I have had a issue were sound cuts out every couple of minutes in Kodi for a second or two, have read similar issues from users but no real fix has been provided?

Are there any plans to upgrade android on box, I have seen similar spec devices which has Android Lollipop running, and are there any plans updating openelec for box.

I am getting ready to buy a new upgrade box but the Kodi sound issue is a deal breaker for me buying any MyGica devices in future if such a big issue is not priority on your older models.

What kind of Audio are you using within Kodi when this happens?

AAC 2.0 or 5.0/5.1?

Also, we rely on Amlogic for Android OS updates, and currently they have not provided anything stable to us above Android 4.4

Tried every sound config available in Kodi and Android, nothing seemed to fix skip issue, but was running at 2.0 standard.

On 1/12/2017 at 0:17 AM, Hums said:

Tried every sound config available in Kodi and Android, nothing seemed to fix skip issue, but was running at 2.0 standard.

This sounds more like an issue with your actual device.

As this is one of the first times I have heard of this issue before on the 585
I know we had this issue on the 1800E because of a version of Firmware, but this was fixed soon after.

May I know what is the build date of the Android Firmware you are using on your 585?

I have the latest firmware installed.

Not sure if you have seen these posts as this has been reported a couple of times in the past from other users:

I am not sure how it could be my hardware because ever since running libreelec not one sound cut out has happened. Could it be a software issue with either Android or Kodi for Android?

Same problem/issues with my Mygica 582 and 585 tv box, sound skipping in and out every few minutes throughout the movie and it is annoying and frustrating as you don't truly enjoy and understand the movie with sounds skipping.  Can somebody please  advise the most effective  solution to this problem?  Is this Kodi related or the Mygica box itself  or  the received used?  I tried to set up to PCM in the Mygica box as this is the one showing in the Harmon receiver  I have now.  We have tried the tweaks to fix it but to no avail.  appreciate for any solutions to this.

This issue is with All Android boxes using Kodi, you can check that with kodi forums.  

1. Sound issue that won't go higher than 2.0
2. Blackout on video after few minutes, I would suggest you turn off Video Acceleration. 

Thanks Bindar but how do you turn off video acceleration.   Appreciate the steps - understand you have to go to Settings then what's next

thank,s

On 2/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, bindaredondat said:

This issue is with All Android boxes using Kodi, you can check that with kodi forums.  

That's why I bought a Raspberry Pi for $80 Canadian.