Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

computass

KODI 17

Hi, I supply and configure Android TV boxes in Cyprus, I currently use the Mygica 585 units which my clients and I are very pleased with. KODI is of major importance to us and we would love to be able to try out the new Krypton Version 17 when it is ready, however I notice that it will not be available on the Android unless we can have version 5. Are you going to release and update for the 585 boxes?

I second this request.

The ATV585 is very popular in South Africa and with Kodi 17 now officially released, the primary app on the ATV585 is now effectively excluded from any updates.

KODI 17 only works on Android 5+ 

We have been looking at using Amlogic's Android 5.1 SDK, but we cannot guarantee anything right now.
If we do come out with it, it will be stock Android though.

33 minutes ago, computass said:

Stock Android would be fine, so long as we can move forward with Kodi 17 lets do it.

Ok, we will take a look here with our team.

Just keep in mind, when it is stock Android.
This means it is the version of 5.1 that AMlogic provides.  So if there are any bugs or issues with it, we cannot fix them.

9 hours ago, computass said:

Thanks that would be great, I would be thoroughly testing it anyway before deciding whether or not to release it to my customer base.

Since there is so much demand for it, we would just release it as a Beta only.

9 hours ago, CliveB said:

when will this be released as I need to have version 17

We are trying to make it work, so right now we have no release date or if we can even offer it.

We are sorting through code to try and make this work.

It will be cool if we can have the newer Android OS for many reasons but if you have seen the mess they have made of Kodi 17 so far then we can probably wait a while for you guys to do your stuff.

Keep up the good work.

3 minutes ago, computass said:

It will be cool if we can have the newer Android OS for many reasons but if you have seen the mess they have made of Kodi 17 so far then we can probably wait a while for you guys to do your stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Ya I just made the switch to KODI 17 on my box at home, not too happy so far.

Spent an hour trying to go through everything, decided to go back to Confluence Skin

Were still going to try and bring a newer version of Android to our older devices, but cannot promise anything

It would be great if you can, this is a great little box and it would be good to give it a new lease of life, as for Kodi 17 I have heard that there are many problems with it on the Sony Bravia TV's with the built in Android as well.