Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan1979

Wifi dropping, 5.0 and now 5.1 1900ac

Hello,  one of the problems I have been experiencing more and more is Wifi dropping,  then unable to connect.  When I was running 5.0 I had the issue,  hoped the upgrade to 5.1 would fix it,  but it has made it much worse.  Now Wifi only connects for a few seconds,  then drops as soon as I try to use an app.  Turning on and off Wifi does not help anymore,  still shows the network as available but unable to connect unless I restart the box.  Ethernet is not plugged in,  the box is in a room where I can't run a cable,  so I need a resolution to this as the box is useless without working Wifi. I have seen some similar posts on the firmware page but no admin response that I can find. 

Thanks

On 1/4/2017 at 0:30 PM, Allan1979 said:

Hello,  one of the problems I have been experiencing more and more is Wifi dropping,  then unable to connect.  When I was running 5.0 I had the issue,  hoped the upgrade to 5.1 would fix it,  but it has made it much worse.  Now Wifi only connects for a few seconds,  then drops as soon as I try to use an app.  Turning on and off Wifi does not help anymore,  still shows the network as available but unable to connect unless I restart the box.  Ethernet is not plugged in,  the box is in a room where I can't run a cable,  so I need a resolution to this as the box is useless without working Wifi. I have seen some similar posts on the firmware page but no admin response that I can find. 

Thanks

How far is the box from your Wifi Router?

Do other devices like your phone or tablet run well in the same room over Wifi?