Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c0rephakt

Display issues

Hi,  so I have connected my ATV582 to my Samsung 4K TV but notice that every now and again,  I got interference across the screen to the extent that the HDMI port will lose display and come back a few seconds later.  Alternatively I would have to remove the HDMI cable and plug it back in for it to work.

Tested this on a smaller 32" HD TV and it seems to work without any interference.  I have a PS4 Pro and Raspberry Pi 3 connected to the TV and they do not give any issues.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:51 AM, c0rephakt said:

Hi,  so I have connected my ATV582 to my Samsung 4K TV but notice that every now and again,  I got interference across the screen to the extent that the HDMI port will lose display and come back a few seconds later.  Alternatively I would have to remove the HDMI cable and plug it back in for it to work.

Tested this on a smaller 32" HD TV and it seems to work without any interference.  I have a PS4 Pro and Raspberry Pi 3 connected to the TV and they do not give any issues.

Which output resolution setting do you have setup on your 582?

1080P, 4K30?

6 hours ago, Justin said:

Which output resolution setting do you have setup on your 582?

1080P, 4K30?

The 4K30 setting... Put it on Manual and Automatic detection but does the same thing... Starts with the video interference and then the sounds goes...  Have to pull the HDMI cable at times to get it right or switch the unit off and back on...

On 1/12/2017 at 1:08 AM, c0rephakt said:

The 4K30 setting... Put it on Manual and Automatic detection but does the same thing... Starts with the video interference and then the sounds goes...  Have to pull the HDMI cable at times to get it right or switch the unit off and back on...

If your using it on a much newer Samsung 4K TV, then this could be the issue.

As the newer TV's use HDCP 2.2 for 4K resolution, and the 582 does not support HDCP 2.2 since this was not available when the 582 was designed.

If you output to 1080P Resolution to your Samsung 4K TV, do you still get the same issue?

Hey,  i get the exact same issue with my ks8000 Samsung tv.  When its set at auto or 4k resolution,  my screen flashes every 10-20 seconds or so.  When its set at 1080p resolution it doesnt flash.  However,  when i play movies at 1080 res,  everything is zoomed in and cuts 80 percent of the movie off. . I tried using the screen cutoff adjustment with the new update and i cant seem to get it working 

On 2/5/2017 at 1:48 AM, bartone said:

Hey,  i get the exact same issue with my ks8000 Samsung tv.  When its set at auto or 4k resolution,  my screen flashes every 10-20 seconds or so.  When its set at 1080p resolution it doesnt flash.  However,  when i play movies at 1080 res,  everything is zoomed in and cuts 80 percent of the movie off. . I tried using the screen cutoff adjustment with the new update and i cant seem to get it working 

On 12/9/2017 at 8:45 PM, Trig Geramn said:

Hi all, I just bought the ATV380, my first MyGica product and this does the same thing on my Sharp TV.  Disappointing.

Hi Guys,

It is likely one of the following issues. You need a 4k compatible HDMI cord, or you need to select a different 4k refresh rate "HZ" to suit your tv.

When it is on 1080 and zoomed out, this is related to your "aspect ratio" setting on your actual TV.

Seem to be having an issue with MyGica 582 and the Samsung Series 3 TV. 

When turning TV back on it constantly flickers and then I get a black screen. I am running the latest software and turned the output resolution to the required. 

To make matter worse the same thing is happening with my ATV1960 and the my newer Samsung Smart TV. I have never had an issue before running various devices such as PS4 and Apple TV on the screen. Now getting a flickering screen issue on this TV as well. 

What is going on with the devices and why is is causing these problems.