Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canon_Man

ATV 600 - Can I connect HomeWorx OTA Box?

Hi,

We are new to the world of Android devices, but enjoying the ATV 600 MyGica very much.  Got it for Christmas.

We switched to OTA from cable (actually Bell FIBE) about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

Being in a border town, we pick up Buffalo just fine and Toronto too with the OTA antenna mounted on the roof.

I read that the OTA box can be connected to the ATV 586 MyGica. I assume that the antenna feed still goes to the HomeWorx box and feeds through it's output to the MyGica.

That's my question:

We have a PS3 and the HomeWorx box attached via HDMI port(s) now the MyGica to the last HDMI port on the Sharp 42" TV.

Can we connect the HomeWorx box to MyGica to reduce the need to swithc Inputs on the TV, and if so how?

On 1/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, Canon_Man said:

Hi,

We are new to the world of Android devices, but enjoying the ATV 600 MyGica very much.  Got it for Christmas.

We switched to OTA from cable (actually Bell FIBE) about a year ago and haven't looked back since.

Being in a border town, we pick up Buffalo just fine and Toronto too with the OTA antenna mounted on the roof.

I read that the OTA box can be connected to the ATV 586 MyGica. I assume that the antenna feed still goes to the HomeWorx box and feeds through it's output to the MyGica.

That's my question:

We have a PS3 and the HomeWorx box attached via HDMI port(s) now the MyGica to the last HDMI port on the Sharp 42" TV.

Can we connect the HomeWorx box to MyGica to reduce the need to swithc Inputs on the TV, and if so how?

Since all 3 devices you are using have their own HDMI Outputs, you are required to switch between the HDMI inputs on your TV to use each device separately, 

For example
HDMI PORT #1 = PS3

HDMI PORT #2 = MYGICA

HDMI PORT #3 = Homeworx

However you can get a device like this

https://www.amazon.ca/Kinivo-501BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049SCB2Y

Which will allow you to use the same HDMI Port on your TV, say HDMI Input #1 and connect all 3 devices to it and just switch between them this way..

The MyGica 586 however allows you to use the OTA Signal and Android apps all on the same box, so therefore on 1 HDMI Input, we refer to this as a Hybrid Solution.