Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newfie

ATV1900pro REMOTE CONTROL

-Maybe some one can help me....I just got this box a week ago and I'm having nothing but trouble

with the remote control

-(1)-when I turn the unit off and go to watch it again at some other time is freeze-up

and I have to pull the power cord to fire it up again.

-(2)-also if it freeze up watching something I have to pull the power cord again and fire it up

-(3)-Now it stuck on home page and it won't move to any I-con

-I have had this trouble with the remote control from day one

I was so happy when I got this unit....but I'm not so happy anymore because of the

remote control....when I first saw the remote control I thought it was great, wow was I wrong

This is not a remote issue, rather an issue with our firmware.

Will be fixed by next week as we plan to send an OTA update to all 1900 Pro and 495 Pro boxes.

Hello Justin,

My remote stopped working yesterday.  Whichever button I press causes a red light next to the power button to blink. I changed 2 sets of batteries, hard powered off/on, used a different port for the dongle but nothing helped. Could this problem also be fixed by the update you referred to?

I don't think it's "flaky". I had a problem with the remote when I was testing a box. I used some batteries from another remote. I found that if I tried to push the standby/reboot button it did not do anything.  Put fresh set of batteries in the unit works fine. 

14 hours ago, FragaGeddon said:

There was an update to fix the freezing problem when the device was shut down. It should ask you to auto update.

Yes currently there is an update available to fix the standby issue.

On 1/25/2017 at 8:42 PM, Newfie said:

Up-Date work for me....Box is working good now.......Thanks MyGica for the fix.

Good to hear

On 2017-01-07 at 6:03 AM, Newfie said:

-Maybe some one can help me....I just got this box a week ago and I'm having nothing but trouble

with the remote control

-(1)-when I turn the unit off and go to watch it again at some other time is freeze-up

and I have to pull the power cord to fire it up again.

-(2)-also if it freeze up watching something I have to pull the power cord again and fire it up

-(3)-Now it stuck on home page and it won't move to any I-con

-I have had this trouble with the remote control from day one

I was so happy when I got this unit....but I'm not so happy anymore because of the

remote control....when I first saw the remote control I thought it was great, wow was I wrong

Justin. It's me again. This is related to the blacked out standby issue with USB dongle that is happening on the 1800. In all my posts where I spoke of the wacky remote this is what I meant. 

Hear me.   If the USB is plugged in after boot up unplug and replug, The remote does not work properly. If the USB is plugged in and the power cord is unplugged and replugged it works fine. 

Now it's time for you to put the puzzle pieces together and send ota updates to 1800 1900 4.4 and 5.1

On 2/22/2017 at 8:42 PM, leafguy82 said:

Justin. It's me again. This is related to the blacked out standby issue with USB dongle that is happening on the 1800. In all my posts where I spoke of the wacky remote this is what I meant. 

Hear me.   If the USB is plugged in after boot up unplug and replug, The remote does not work properly. If the USB is plugged in and the power cord is unplugged and replugged it works fine. 

Now it's time for you to put the puzzle pieces together and send ota updates to 1800 1900 4.4 and 5.1

Ok thanks for the feedback.

Will use this info

Thanks

Im having all the above remote issues. I just bought the box is there a patch to download or do they automatically update these boxes? Did anyone else get the remote issue solved?

Hey Justin

I'm using the kr-301 remote with my box and it works fine with no issues if that helps at all. I also have my home theater remote programmed with the IR remote from my 1800E and it works fine with this box also. Oh, now that I think about it if you're on the recovery screen that you use the reset button on the back of the box to get too; when I use the kr-301 it acts like I'm holding the down arrow and just scrolls for about 30 seconds before stopping any time I push a button. When I use my IR remote it works fine. Anyways hope that feedback helps somewhat.

Just bought the 1900pro and It only came with 1 remote I think its the kr air mouse.  Did anyone get the patch that was talked about above?  Paid the extra money for the Gica because there was supposed to be support lol.  I should just take it back and get a different box if the factory remote doesnt work.

All my buttons work EXCEPT  the PWR button! 

If I reboot the unit the PWR button works for a while an then stops working. All the other buttons still work. 

Please help

On 07/04/2017 at 8:49 AM, bkwashby said:

Hey Justin

I'm using the kr-301 remote with my box and it works fine with no issues if that helps at all. I also have my home theater remote programmed with the IR remote from my 1800E and it works fine with this box also. Oh, now that I think about it if you're on the recovery screen that you use the reset button on the back of the box to get too; when I use the kr-301 it acts like I'm holding the down arrow and just scrolls for about 30 seconds before stopping any time I push a button. When I use my IR remote it works fine. Anyways hope that feedback helps somewhat.

that sounds like either your Dongle or remote about to be done. if under warranty  RMA it. 

On 08/04/2017 at 5:00 AM, Jalize said:

All my buttons work EXCEPT  the PWR button! 

If I reboot the unit the PWR button works for a while an then stops working. All the other buttons still work. 

Please help

I am not sure if you tried, but can you move the dongle from one USB connector to another one on the box?

On 2017/04/11 at 6:27 PM, bindaredondat said:

I am not sure if you tried, but can you move the dongle from one USB connector to another one on the box?

Thanks, yes I already tried this. I think this maybe a firmware issue on the box. Will try reverting to the older firmware and check if it still happens.

I'm having problems with my remote as well.. I have to click like 10 times just for it to work.. it sucks cause the older model remote worked flawlessly compare to this newer one

On 4/11/2017 at 0:26 PM, bindaredondat said:

that sounds like either your Dongle or remote about to be done. if under warranty  RMA it. 

No there is nothing wrong with the remote or dongle because it works fine on other boxes.

I don't have any issues with the remote as well.  My advice is to have your unit warranted by mygica if it is less than a year old.

5 hours ago, ybrik said:

I don't have any issues with the remote as well.  My advice is to have your unit warranted by mygica if it is less than a year old.

Warranty is for hardware issues. This can be fixed in a FW release.