Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mygicalisa

Possible to upgrade from kit Kat 4.4.2 to Marshmallow 5.2?

I'm a basic android user, so please work with me on this question and answers. 

I have a Mygica ATV1800E android box, model XS, running Kitkat 4.4.2 and Kodi 16.1. 

I want ant to upgrade to Kodi 17, but I need to upgrade to at least 5.0. 

Can I do that with my current android box? And, if so, how do I do that? 

Thank you in advance you for your help. 

Go to the download page and download to an SD card. When you do this upgrade it will wipe out all your addons so you will have to add them again. Lots of information on you tube for all of this.

On January 11, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Justin said:

Android 5.1 Firmware for ATV 1800 can be found here

donot upgrade, i test and failed , upgrade progress ahngs on 90% i can not fix it

16 hours ago, Mahdi said:

donot upgrade, i test and failed , upgrade progress ahngs on 90% i can not fix it

If this happens, unplug the box and plug it back in

It will finish installing

On 1/10/2017 at 2:11 PM, glchud said:

Go to the download page and download to an SD card. When you do this upgrade it will wipe out all your addons so you will have to add them again. Lots of information on you tube for all of this.

not true on losing your addons. if you go to the back up under programs . set it to ext/sdcard and save. the exit out. open again hit back up. wait till done. after fressh install go back and repeat but with restore. works fine. im  using  a older 1800 kr32  remote on 5.1  and kodi 17 now . system running great

12 hours ago, no12nv said:

not true on losing your addons. if you go to the back up under programs . set it to ext/sdcard and save. the exit out. open again hit back up. wait till done. after fressh install go back and repeat but with restore. works fine. im  using  a older 1800 kr32  remote on 5.1  and kodi 17 now . system running great

Thanks for sharing this

I was able to successfully upgrade two different boxes to Lollipop using the instructions in this forum, thank you.. However, for some reason both boxes lost the ability to connect to Ethernet. any thoughts?

3 hours ago, rbhalla said:

I was able to successfully upgrade two different boxes to Lollipop using the instructions in this forum, thank you.. However, for some reason both boxes lost the ability to connect to Ethernet. any thoughts?

Did you use these files?