Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erudmuc

ATV 585 Firmware Update Using USB Stick

Hi

I just purchased a ATV 585 and upgraded the firmware to the latest version 20160303 using the local method and a USB stick ; but, with this version of the firmware, XBMC 12.2 is preinstalled.

I would like to install Kodi and reading through the forum it seems that firmware version 20150327 comes with Kodi  14.1 preinstalled.

So the issue I have is when I try to downgrade to version 20150327, using the local method, I do not see the firmware file on my USB stick. (note: I used the same USB stick that I used to upgrade the firmware to  20160303)

Does this mean that mean that I the downgrade can not be performed using a USB stick and need to us a mircoSD card or is there a bug in firmware version 20160303 that does not allow me to see the file on my USB stick?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Erudmuc

On 1/10/2017 at 2:17 PM, Erudmuc said:

Hi

I just purchased a ATV 585 and upgraded the firmware to the latest version 20160303 using the local method and a USB stick ; but, with this version of the firmware, XBMC 12.2 is preinstalled.

I would like to install Kodi and reading through the forum it seems that firmware version 20150327 comes with Kodi  14.1 preinstalled.

So the issue I have is when I try to downgrade to version 20150327, using the local method, I do not see the firmware file on my USB stick. (note: I used the same USB stick that I used to upgrade the firmware to  20160303)

Does this mean that mean that I the downgrade can not be performed using a USB stick and need to us a mircoSD card or is there a bug in firmware version 20160303 that does not allow me to see the file on my USB stick?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Erudmuc

If you are using the UPGRADE app on your box to update the firmware from a USB drive or SD Card.

When you press LOCAL MEDIA, and you do not see anything showing from your USB drive.

Press the 3 Lined Menu button on the remote 10+ times, then the IMG file should appear and from there you can install it.

Thanks Justin

I was able to see the files on my USB stick by pressing the 3 Lined Menu button on the remote 10+ times as you suggested  and I was able to downgrade to version 20150327 in order to have the pre-installed Kodi 14.1  installed on my ATV 585 and then I proceeded to upgrade to the latest firmware  20160303.

Is there a way to upgrade Kodi to version 15.2 or 16.0 without waiting for a firmware upgrade?

If yes can you let me know how to do this.

Thanks for your support!

Erudmuc

On 1/13/2017 at 11:22 AM, Erudmuc said:

Thanks Justin

I was able to see the files on my USB stick by pressing the 3 Lined Menu button on the remote 10+ times as you suggested  and I was able to downgrade to version 20150327 in order to have the pre-installed Kodi 14.1  installed on my ATV 585 and then I proceeded to upgrade to the latest firmware  20160303.

Is there a way to upgrade Kodi to version 15.2 or 16.0 without waiting for a firmware upgrade?

If yes can you let me know how to do this.

Thanks for your support!

Erudmuc

1. Uninstall the current version of KODI that your using

2. Login to the Google Play Store and search for KODI

3. Install KODI 16.1 from the Play Store.

You bought an android 4.4 box with 1 gig of ram and 8 gig of onboard memory, and now you're bitching that it doesn't do what you thought it would. That's not a question but a comment.

Another comment, you obviously didn't research anything so you get what you deserve... A life-lesson and a lighter wallet. 

I have tried to hard reset my mygica 520e and it won't allow it to happen and I do not have a micro SD card and was wondering if there is anyway to do it by usb? 

On 7/2/2017 at 4:58 PM, Flexdeath said:

I have tried to hard reset my mygica 520e and it won't allow it to happen and I do not have a micro SD card and was wondering if there is anyway to do it by usb? 

These files will only work with an SD card, they do not work with a USB drive.