Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKearsey

ATV 585 latest firmware

1 hour ago, Sooner52 said:

Will there be an Android 5+ update any time soon for the 585?

We are not 100% sure at this time.
If we do, it will be in our announcement thread. So please check back

For now our fork of Kodi 17 is free to use.

10 hours ago, Kennstr said:

I downloaded the mediacenter apk...but my  585 doesnt see it as an apk..am i doing it wrong using the appinstaller?

Try file manager

tried appinstaller from the card..then...tried moving it too the unit first in file manager....still wouldnt read it...so....i downloaded directly on the box...and it worked..guess it was transferring from computer to box was the problem??...seems all good so far...all good...

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 5:13 PM, Justin said:

We are not 100% sure at this time.
If we do, it will be in our announcement thread. So please check back

For now our fork of Kodi 17 is free to use.

Hi Justin

I have a hard time stomaching workarounds for something I paid close to $200 for. I have been a IT tech/Network admin for over 25 years. This is poor to the extreme. I just did the most recent update to the firmware for my ATV586. When it was done my box was wiped clean and I had to rebuild from scratch with the exception of kit kat and the main MyGica screen. Oh My so much for a pre loaded box with all the goodies. OH P.S. the auto update feature does not work. After all that I still cannot upgrade to the latest OS and you want us to be sympathetic to a company that cannot provide the hardware and support they promise. If I have to buy a new box to keep up with Kodi I can guarantee you it will not be a MyGica box. I did not pay for forks. I paid for a good working TV box that can at least stay updated. This is a lot like Apple and their proprietary, hard to use, over priced nonsense. No one I know owns a MyGica box and no one I know has the problems I do. If it is under powered get it off the market and stop selling them or present them as exactly what they are. Better yet make at least the memory expandable and upgradable to avoid resource hogs in the future. And by all means I would love to hear some of that curious cryptic customer blaming and shaming answering I have read through here.

6 minutes ago, Joel Sampson said:

Hi Justin

I have a hard time stomaching workarounds for something I paid close to $200 for. I have been a IT tech/Network admin for over 25 years. This is poor to the extreme. I just did the most recent update to the firmware for my ATV586. When it was done my box was wiped clean and I had to rebuild from scratch with the exception of kit kat and the main MyGica screen. Oh My so much for a pre loaded box with all the goodies. OH P.S. the auto update feature does not work. After all that I still cannot upgrade to the latest OS and you want us to be sympathetic to a company that cannot provide the hardware and support they promise. If I have to buy a new box to keep up with Kodi I can guarantee you it will not be a MyGica box. I did not pay for forks. I paid for a good working TV box that can at least stay updated. This is a lot like Apple and their proprietary, hard to use, over priced nonsense. No one I know owns a MyGica box and no one I know has the problems I do. If it is under powered get it off the market and stop selling them or present them as exactly what they are. Better yet make at least the memory expandable and upgradable to avoid resource hogs in the future. And by all means I would love to hear some of that curious cryptic customer blaming and shaming answering I have read through here.

The auto update is not going to do anything if you already have the latest update.
And you cannot upgrade to the latest OS either, because 4.4 is the latest version available.

We are not the only box company with the issue of not being able to upgrade the OS past 4.4.
Kodi making their newest version of Kodi 17 Android 5+ has affected a lot of people.

None of these types of boxes have the ability to expand memory or slots to expand the memory, I don't think I have ever seen an Android device that offered this except for a project that google had available last year and then scraped. 

As I have said before, we are looking into upgrading to 5.1, but cannot promise anything at this time.

On 4/21/2017 at 10:21 AM, erpenstine said:

@JustinKodi 17 running perfectly on  ATV 582, streaming the works, the only issue is SMB network sharing which I believe 17.1 will sort out, any news on updated fork, a month has passed?

Still no update to 17.1 at this time.

Hope to release it this month.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:00 AM, bladerunner82 said:

Is the kodi 17 fork available now in the playstore ....and when will we See the 17.1 fork ?

Not in the Playstore yet

I am having issues with getting Google to approve the release, so I am currently waiting for their response to my last email.

Team MyGica has done a terrific job on this fork.

I would like to think of this as a break through for the MyGica brand name similar in scope to a cure for polio,  keep up the good work ! ;)

MyGicaMediaCenter-20170413.apk can be download here:

https://mega.nz/?_escaped_fragment_=XcIlnCTJ!OkX546MAorRooA5ipB3_F23TjYMC4tfkGFWVNLCesA8#!XcIlnCTJ!OkX546MAorRooA5ipB3_F23TjYMC4tfkGFWVNLCesA8

14 hours ago, EdT said:

I would like to think of this as a break through for the MyGica brand name similar in scope to a cure for polio,  keep up the good work ! ;)

https://mega.nz/?_escaped_fragment_=XcIlnCTJ!OkX546MAorRooA5ipB3_F23TjYMC4tfkGFWVNLCesA8#!XcIlnCTJ!OkX546MAorRooA5ipB3_F23TjYMC4tfkGFWVNLCesA8

Did an install of this version (had to uninstall previous version first) . It seems to run smoother than the last one. Thanks to all involved in this project.

On 2017/05/05 at 3:55 PM, starterman said:

Did an install of this version (had to uninstall previous version first) . It seems to run smoother than the last one. Thanks to all involved in this project.

On 2017/05/05 at 1:34 AM, EdT said:

I'm having issues with this version and previous version, the video seems to freeze for a sec or 2 at certain intervals, I do not have this issue with Kodi 16.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:34 PM, EdT said:

I dont mean to sound like a dick..but where did you get this file??...Justins last post was *having issues with google*..then a newbie with 5  posts..shares  this file..sorry..just dont trust anything online anymore..ha..

On 5/8/2017 at 8:57 AM, Kennstr said:

I dont mean to sound like a dick..but where did you get this file??...Justins last post was *having issues with google*..then a newbie with 5  posts..shares  this file..sorry..just dont trust anything online anymore..ha..

I posted it on a different part of the forum
So that is where he must have gotten it.
I attached it to my post just now as well.

Ebox and a couple of other box makers and developers have modified our version a bit as well and release it.
They still gave credit to us though for it.

I can't seem to convince google to let me release it on the PlayStore.

So I am just going to put it onto the Aptoide TV Store + MyGica Store and then an official release in our downloads section on the Forum.

mygicaMediaCenter2017413_sign.apk

and that is the 17.1 version Justin??

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I can't seem to convince google to let me release it

So I am just going to put it onto the Aptoide TV Store + MyGica Store and then an official release in our downloads section on the Forum.

22 hours ago, Justin said:

No still 17.0

Hello Justin any eta on 17.1? I've had pretty good experience with 17.0, for internet streaming, but when doing upnp share from Twonky media server, video is pretty chopy & lagy.

8 minutes ago, crisis said:

Hello Justin any eta on 17.1? I've had pretty good experience with 17.0, for internet streaming, but when doing upnp share from Twonky media server, video is pretty chopy & lagy.

Hope to have next week 17.1

But cannot promise anything

Thanx Justin, Fingers crossed, forgot to mention that upnp streaming works great on older version of kodi, I have both running on my 380.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:18 PM, Justin said:

Ebox and a couple of other box makers and developers have modified our version a bit as well and release it.
They still gave credit to us though for it.

I can't seem to convince google to let me release it on the PlayStore.

Justin I had gotten that link from a Youtube reviewer.

I am currently trying it out on several Minix and MyGica ATV 586 boxes that we purchased straight from MyGica Canada.

Minix should approach you guys just like EBox and fork their own version like how they are doing it with their own version of XBMC Minix Edition.

Alot of Minix owners are currently royally pissed off that Minix hasn't come out with a solution for their Kitkat boxes yet like what MyGica has done.

So far after a week of use, the only issue I have with MMC 17 is that there seems to be a long delay whenever a stream is stopped reverting back to the menu while pressing the back button that is not evident with Kodi 16.1.  I don't know if that is an inherent condition with Kodi 17.0 or just MMC 17 as I don't have a Lollipop 5.0 machine on hand to try Kodi 17.1 on.

22 hours ago, EdT said:

I am currently trying it out on several Minix and MyGica ATV 586 boxes that we purchased straight from MyGica Canada.

Minix should approach you guys just like EBox and fork their own version like how they are doing it with their own version of XBMC Minix Edition.

Alot of Minix owners are currently royally pissed off that Minix hasn't come out with a solution for their Kitkat boxes yet like what MyGica has done.

So far after a week of use, the only issue I have with MMC 17 is that there seems to be a long delay whenever a stream is stopped reverting back to the menu while pressing the back button that is not evident with Kodi 16.1.  I don't know if that is an inherent condition with Kodi 17.0 or just MMC 17 as I don't have a Lollipop 5.0 machine on hand to try Kodi 17.1 on.

Thanks for the feedback

We appreciate it

According to discussions with my team, they will have 17.1 for me next week. But I cannot promise this.

Currently I am testing out Android 5.1 on the ATV 585 + 600 + 586
Still needs some work, and also the TV tuner is deactivated on the 586 in 5.1.
Soon we hope to offer 2 solutions for MyGica users

1. MyGica Media Center 17.1 -  This can be used on almost any Android 4.4 device
2. Android 5.1 OS upgrade for MyGica ATV 586/585/600 - This will allow users to use the official Kodi 17.1 or SPMC 16.6
This will be a beta only release.  However what I am testing right now works well, just needs some changes done to it.

I hope users will be satisfied with the above 2 options.  As this should fulfill everyone's need

22 hours ago, EdT said:

Also to touch on Ebox and Minix

Ebox actually just made those changes on their own, as you do not need to resign the APK in order to make the 3 changes they did.

Which were, change the bootup logo, default the Skin to Confluence and turn on unknown sources for add ons.

We have the source code available for our MyGica Media Center 17.0, it is currently on our server.
We had to do this, as it is a GPL requirement from Team Kodi

So essentially Minix could do the same thing
But the System info would still show MyGica 17.0