Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BKearsey

ATV 585 latest firmware

Good Justin,

Just to confirm which versions are contained in “ATV585-Factory-Restore.zip 1.0.0” e.g. Firmware, Kernel, Uboot & Android versions?

Need this info before I update my device.

Thanks

1 hour ago, IanNewman said:

Good Justin,

Just to confirm which versions are contained in “ATV585-Factory-Restore.zip 1.0.0” e.g. Firmware, Kernel, Uboot & Android versions?

Need this info before I update my device.

Thanks

Firmware version is 030316

Kernel is 3.10.33

Android version is 4.4

I do not have the Uboot version.

16 hours ago, IanNewman said:

Thanks Justin.

Will the restore wipe all my existing content e.g. movies metadata: posters, etc. If yes, how can I make a backup?

Thanks again

If you are installing it using the bootcard method, then yes it will restore/wipe everything

If you are installing it using the Upgrade App, or within recovery screen, it will not restore/wipe anything.

If you want to backup KODI, just use the Program Add on, "Backup"
This can be found in the KODI Respository.

9 hours ago, CliveB said:

When will android ver 5 firmware be released?

We are trying to make it work, so right now we have no release date or if we can even offer it.

On 2017/02/09 at 2:43 AM, Justin said:

If you are installing it using the bootcard method, then yes it will restore/wipe everything

If you are installing it using the Upgrade App, or within recovery screen, it will not restore/wipe anything.

If you want to backup KODI, just use the Program Add on, "Backup"
This can be found in the KODI Respository.

Good day - I just purchased the TV Box and before I even start setting up, I just need more clarifiction on above mentioned.  The "bootcard method" = is this via a MicroSD Card ?

The "Upgrad App etc. = will this be within the UI in Kodi ?

10 hours ago, AjTeX said:

Good day - I just purchased the TV Box and before I even start setting up, I just need more clarifiction on above mentioned.  The "bootcard method" = is this via a MicroSD Card ?

The "Upgrad App etc. = will this be within the UI in Kodi ?

If you just purchased the box then you do not need to use the bootcard method, as this is only to fix boxes.

The Upgrade app is under the list of applications within the main Android menu.

Hi Justin

Thanks for your speedy response and for the answers I needed to know! And whenever I need to do a firmware upgrade / updates , I will always use the Upgrade App unless I need a recovery.

15 hours ago, AjTeX said:

Hi Justin

Thanks for your speedy response and for the answers I needed to know! And whenever I need to do a firmware upgrade / updates , I will always use the Upgrade App unless I need a recovery.

No problem

Let us know if you have any other questions

On 3/9/2017 at 7:52 PM, Raldo Tromp said:

Amlogic has released Android 5.0 SDK for Amlogic S805. So why is there no firmware update to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) for the MyGica ATV585 yet?

How many different threads are you going to post the same thing?

Very disappointed with mygica 585. Constant freezing on wake up and now no update to 5.0.  Will make sure to research my next non mygica device so I don't get burnt twice. So much for my 4 month old player which is now obsolete. I see threads going back over a year asking for android 5.0 so I should have seen the writing on the wall before buying this player. Will make sure to spread the word. This was my upgrade from a 4 year old Mede8er and I must say I feel like the Mede8er aged so much better and the only reason I got this was for kodi.

On 15/03/2017 at 7:45 PM, Justin said:

How many different threads are you going to post the same thing?

Until I get a straight answer on what the issue is? They said that they're wainting on the supplier, but the supplier already released the sdk. So what's the problem?

On 3/20/2017 at 8:36 PM, Raldo Tromp said:

Until I get a straight answer on what the issue is? They said that they're wainting on the supplier, but the supplier already released the sdk. So what's the problem?

We are releasing a fork of Kodi 17.1 instead to work on older devices as this is much easier to maintain.

I am still pushing also for an upgrade to 5.1, but cannot promise anything.

19 hours ago, Raldo Tromp said:

If you can release a fork of kodi 17.1 and maintain it that would be great. Do have a timeframe on when we can expect something like that? Just a estimate time.

I have the APK currently for 17.0. We called it MyGica Media Center.

But now 17.1 came out so were upgrading it to this.

Should be completed within the next week and available on the Play Store along with Source Code on Git Hub

You guys can try it if you like. We have tested it here and it works well.

It will install as a separate APP from KODI 16.1

This will work on our ATV 1800/582/380/585/586 running Android 4.4

@TeamKodi - If you read this and see there is no source code available, I apologize for this. It will be available within 1-2 weeks, once we finish a newer version based on KODI 17.1
You can email me directly if you have any questions 

mygicaMediaCenter20170310.apk

-------------------------------------------------------

TAGS:

MyGica Media Center 17, Media Center,  MMC 17, MMC,