Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksmitty

Forum structure suggestion

Mods, love the awesome continued support on this forum and the learning environment created with shared input from users and admin staff.  Havind said this, it is becoming harder and harder to track issues, solutions, tips etc because posters are starting threads all over the place in areas that aren't even relevant to either the unit being discussed or the issue. I can't even begin to imagine how you track this at your end. Suggestion; either lock, remove, edit some folders so it's clear what they are for and move threads that are posted in the wrong area into their proper folder.  While I'm no mod, I see this done on most other forum sites. It may take some effort at the front end for staff to do this but I can't think that this wouldn't help at the backend. Certainly there wouldn't be repeat questions on the same topic in various threads and for users it is way simpler than searching in multiple spots to see what others are discussing as it relates to a particular model or problem. Just look at how many different threads there are on feedback to the latest FW for the 1900ac.

Anyway, not complaining, just offering a suggestion from an end user perspective to help maximize the outputs of your efforts. Keep up the great work...my 1900 AC has never run better! 

Ksmitty, I completely agree.

We chose a busy time of year to make the forum switch. I plan on going through and optimising the new format as soon as I can. Until then, I will try to make sure important posts are made more accessible.