Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon2323

ATV 1910 No Signal on Power up

Hi - I have just purchase an ATV 1910 and I'm having issues with my video signal on power up.  Every time I shut the unit down and restart it, my tv states there is no video signal via the HDMI input.

After unplugging the device and power cycling it, the video signal is found and all is good.  This is extremely frustrating.  

Everything else on the box is great and seems to work as expected.  I'd hate to have to return the box, but if I have to unplug and reboot every time I want to use it, that is a deal breaker.

Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

2 hours ago, Simon2323 said:

Hi - I have just purchase an ATV 1910 and I'm having issues with my video signal on power up.  Every time I shut the unit down and restart it, my tv states there is no video signal via the HDMI input.

After unplugging the device and power cycling it, the video signal is found and all is good.  This is extremely frustrating.  

Everything else on the box is great and seems to work as expected.  I'd hate to have to return the box, but if I have to unplug and reboot every time I want to use it, that is a deal breaker.

Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

My advice is return it while you can as there won't be a fix. 

On 1/17/2017 at 10:52 PM, Ricco said:

My advice is return it while you can as there won't be a fix. 

I would normally put this in the Downloads section, but felt the need to post it here as well

I got this from our guys this morning

We have been trying this here all day with 100% success so far.

You can install this using an SD card or USB drive through the Upgrade app.

Fixes the power back on issue everyone has been having

We will send out an OTA update for this ASAP

update_s905_ddr_crash_20170118.img

Justin - sorry but wanted to confirm, 

A) Can yo provide a link to instructions on how to update the firmware via USB stick?

B) Will the rest of the apps (Kodi etc.) be resident as part of this firmware build?  I don't want to have re-install all that.

C) I assume I will have to load all my repos in Kodi over again?

Thanks again,

Simon

14 hours ago, Simon2323 said:

Justin - sorry but wanted to confirm, 

A) Can yo provide a link to instructions on how to update the firmware via USB stick?

B) Will the rest of the apps (Kodi etc.) be resident as part of this firmware build?  I don't want to have re-install all that.

C) I assume I will have to load all my repos in Kodi over again?

Thanks again,

Simon

This will not factory reset, it just changes a parameter setting within the firmware which was the cause of the whole blackout issue.
So therefore you do not need to re-install anything afterwards.

Simple loading instructions are as follows

1. Download the File

2. Move this file onto a USB Drive or SD Card

3. Plug the USB Drive or SD card into your powered on MyGica box

4. Go to the applications list and find the app UPGRADE, OPEN THIS APP

5. Select Local Update and select the source of this file, External Storage Card or USB. (Whichever one has the file you want to install on it)

6. The file will then appear, highlight it and PRESS OK on the remote, follow the steps to install it.

(IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR IN THE LIST OF FILES AT FIRST. PRESS THE 3 LINED MENU BUTTON 10 + TIMES ON THE REMOTE. IT WILL APPEAR AFTER THIS)

For now users can install it manually.  We will be sending out an OTA update for this starting next week.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, dlolpz said:

Works like charm.. Thanks Justin

did you have any issue when trying to install it?   My box wont seem to see or read the file.  It wont show up to install.....

Installed from sd card on 1900Pro.   Seems to have fixed the display from standby issue.  The option to install from sd card did not show up for me either until I did the  "press menu button 10x  " trick from the "Local Update" screen that  was only showing a gray "update" button above the "back" button.

On 19/01/2017 at 4:10 PM, Justin said:

I would normally put this in the Downloads section, but felt the need to post it here as well

I got this from our guys this morning

We have been trying this here all day with 100% success so far.

You can install this using an SD card or USB drive through the Upgrade app.

Fixes the power back on issue everyone has been having

We will send out an OTA update for this ASAP

update_s905_ddr_crash_20170118.img

i just downloaded  firmware from a post on nov 23/2016  from a mygica tech so I can update my 1800 to a  android 5.1, every thing works great including  downloading Koti 17.

Now I have the same problem, power off okay but will not power back on only has blank screen. Need to unplug unit to reboot, so it can start.

Tried the  upgrade 905 ddr cras but it would not work on the 1800 unit as it rejected it, apparently it is not compatable for this drive.

Any another crash program to try for the 1800 unit

47 minutes ago, werner said:

i just downloaded  firmware from a post on nov 23/2016  from a mygica tech so I can update my 1800 to a  android 5.1, every thing works great including  downloading Koti 17.

Now I have the same problem, power off okay but will not power back on only has blank screen. Need to unplug unit to reboot, so it can start.

Tried the  upgrade 905 ddr cras but it would not work on the 1800 unit as it rejected it, apparently it is not compatable for this drive.

Any another crash program to try for the 1800 unit

The file didn't work because it is not made for the 1800.

We will have a fix for the 1800 with this issue in a few weeks.

Hello,

I just installed this update and it fixed the no signal issue when trying to power it back on.

however, now I can't use the power button on the remote to turn the box off anymore. I have to use the power button icon on the screen and it goes into standby. I can only use the remote power button to turn it back on.

please help

Thank you

Jennifer

10 hours ago, jenniferleduc said:

Hello,

I just installed this update and it fixed the no signal issue when trying to power it back on.

however, now I can't use the power button on the remote to turn the box off anymore. I have to use the power button icon on the screen and it goes into standby. I can only use the remote power button to turn it back on.

please help

Thank you

Jennifer

We did not make any changes to our software in regards to the remote

Our remotes ON/OFF button is done via an IR Code and not through the USB.

If you hold down the power button when you want to power off the unit, do you get a pop up screen with options to standby,reboot and power off?

On 3/24/2017 at 11:55 PM, jenniferleduc said:

Very strange. It works today??

thank you for quick reply. 

Ok good to hear

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

17 hours ago, JamesATV1900PRO said:

it was a stupid question. sorry.

this issue is fixed already in 1900 pro 1.30 firmware i believe

Ok no problem

On 1/20/2017 at 10:55 AM, Justin said:

This will not factory reset, it just changes a parameter setting within the firmware which was the cause of the whole blackout issue.
So therefore you do not need to re-install anything afterwards.

Simple loading instructions are as follows

1. Download the File

2. Move this file onto a USB Drive or SD Card

3. Plug the USB Drive or SD card into your powered on MyGica box

4. Go to the applications list and find the app UPGRADE, OPEN THIS APP

5. Select Local Update and select the source of this file, External Storage Card or USB. (Whichever one has the file you want to install on it)

6. The file will then appear, highlight it and PRESS OK on the remote, follow the steps to install it.

(IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR IN THE LIST OF FILES AT FIRST. PRESS THE 3 LINED MENU BUTTON 10 + TIMES ON THE REMOTE. IT WILL APPEAR AFTER THIS)

For now users can install it manually.  We will be sending out an OTA update for this starting next week.

Thank you very much.

It's working 100% the patch (update). I was  to return to store the box ATV 1900pro , but I say try also this.

Who had trouble (issue) with power  just follow step by step the instruction of JUSTIN  and it's done.

Thank you very much Justin .

I'm bringing my hat before you.

Let's hear only good things!