Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonidas

Weird Issues with my box!!

I was watching Netflix last night and when I walked into my room my friends who were watching told me that weird chinese characters/symbols showed up on the screen for a second and then netflix lost connection. I tried any other app including Kodi and there was no connection. We reset the box and there was still no connection and that is when we realized Wifi and Bluetooth were turned on (they were off before) and ethernet was turned off. I had ethernet on and wifi and bluetooth off....

this was incredible weird and I am worried it was a virus or a hack. 

I am on android Kitkatt and haven't gone to the new update.

Any ideas? Should I be worried?

1 hour ago, MyGica Support said:

No need to be worried. Sometimes the android system switches to wifi as default. Newer versions of android do not have this issue.

If this keeps happening let us know.

So it is safe to update to the new update?

Which unit is this on?

If it is the 1800e, there is a small issue where in order to turn off the box, you would have to unplug and plug back in to get the screen to show again. This is not on all users systems, but it is well known. We will have a fix to this very soon and we already have the fix for our newer model 1900pro.

For now, I would say to stay on what you have, unless this becomes a real pain in the butt.