Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisP

External factors affecting MyGica ATV1900PRO?

I have been experiencing intermittent problems on a number of MyGica 1900's - both AC and PRO.  The network appears to be stable (fibre) and the freezing does not appear to be caused by a bad stream as it affects Kodi, Netflix, and YouTube.  Once it freezes, the only way to reset is to remove the power from the back of the unit, and re-start.  This happens over a hardwired network cable and wi-fi.  It also seems totally intermittent.  Can happen within a few minutes of viewing, or might work fro 3 hours and then fail.  Doesn't show buffering, so that can't be the issue.

I have been thinking that the MyGica's could be reacting to power dips in the supply, and I plan to put one of them onto a UPS to see if the problem goes away.  It is unlikely that these are all faulty units, and I don't see *widespread* condemnation of the 1900's on the forum so I doubt it is a product flaw.

Any thoughts on what else I can look at?  

On 1/26/2017 at 7:21 AM, ChrisP said:

I have been experiencing intermittent problems on a number of MyGica 1900's - both AC and PRO.  The network appears to be stable (fibre) and the freezing does not appear to be caused by a bad stream as it affects Kodi, Netflix, and YouTube.  Once it freezes, the only way to reset is to remove the power from the back of the unit, and re-start.  This happens over a hardwired network cable and wi-fi.  It also seems totally intermittent.  Can happen within a few minutes of viewing, or might work fro 3 hours and then fail.  Doesn't show buffering, so that can't be the issue.

I have been thinking that the MyGica's could be reacting to power dips in the supply, and I plan to put one of them onto a UPS to see if the problem goes away.  It is unlikely that these are all faulty units, and I don't see *widespread* condemnation of the 1900's on the forum so I doubt it is a product flaw.

Any thoughts on what else I can look at?  

Have you tried the newest patch file for the 1900 PRO, as we changed some parameters in this file.

I'm having the same issue. The MyGica 1900 freezes so I unplug and sometimes it boots completely sometimes freezes at either the lollipop screen or the mygigca startup screen.

I'm using wifi only with my box. I've reset it to factory settings and this weekend I have downloaded the patch that was released this year. it's the only one.

The instructions on the patch page referenced the wrong file when downloaded.

at this point I will try the update and I just wanted to let ChrisP know he wasn't alone  with these issues

19 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

In my case it was a power fluctuation problem.  Apparently, the MyGica's are sensitive to power spikes.

How did you determine this?